Third Booster shots ( Pattaya area )

banglay

Hi All . 

Worldwide it now seems that a 3rd booster shot will be needed 90 days after receiving your 2nd shot and it looks like this will be ongoing  every 90 day for the foreseeable future.

The Booster shots are likely soon to become the norm for all international travellers and to get you access to all areas. 

What I would like to know is.    Where in the  Pattaya area can I register for a official booster shot?   my 90 days will be up very soon as it will be for a lot of others on this forum .

There are several apps available to register for a 3rd booster in the Bangkok area . So  as per usual  Pattaya is likely to be last in the queue YET again ....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, pattaya1234was said:

Not last in the queue. Boosters have been available all week at the Sports Center on Chaiyapruek Road. Thai and Foreigners.

OK ! I thought that booster was purely for people double vaxx'ed with Sino vac  ... can you also tell me which booster vax's they are using for people double vaxx'ed with AstraZeneca  Cheers ????

Edited by banglay
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, pattaya1234was said:

Earlier in the week Pfizer and, I think, Moderna were available. My friend had 2 x AZ previously and there has to be a 3 month gap after the 2nd jab.

Do you know if a person vaxx'd at a BKK vaxx'ing centre is eligible to be vaxx'ed at the Sports Center , Chaiyapruek

2 hours ago, banglay said:

There are several apps available to register for a 3rd booster in the Bangkok area . So  as per usual  Pattaya is likely to be last in the queue YET again ....

We did okay in the end when it came to getting jabbed, sure we were behind the sand box and Bangkok, but in the end serviced quite well, and foreigners before the Thai people too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

We did okay in the end when it came to getting jabbed, sure we were behind the sand box and Bangkok, but in the end serviced quite well, and foreigners before the Thai people too.

Yes it has been a real scrum for Thais in Pattaya. Acrimonious queuing at the Stadium and City Hospital. 

Got appointments courtesy of BCCT at Samitivej Hospital Sri Racha for my wife otherwise she would have had to queue round the block.

Hoping BPH for me and Samitivej will SMS for boosters when they are due.

Edited by chilly07

7 minutes ago, Shibuya1 said:

I went to the Sports Stadium yesterday with no appointment and had my Pfizer booster  in 40 minutes 

What were your first 2 shots?  

Just curious as I have had 2 Pfizer but not sure if authorities would authorize a third Pfizer booster if less than 6 months.  I just passed the 3 month mark.

Edited by TimBKK

2 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Yes it has been a real scrum for Thais in Pattaya. Acrimonious queuing at the Stadium and City Hospital. 

Got appointments courtesy of BCCT at Samitivej Hospital Sri Racha for my wife otherwise she would have had to queue round the block.

Hoping BPH for me and Samitivej will SMS for boosters when they are due.

Had 2 shots az at samitivit sri racha phoned and they have no boosters yet ,the .

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TimBKK said:

What were your first 2 shots?  

Just curious as I have had 2 Pfizer but not sure if authorities would authorize a third Pfizer booster if less than 6 months.  I just passed the 3 month mark.

same here

On 12/17/2021 at 8:46 AM, pattaya1234was said:

Yes, my friend had his earlier jabs at a hospital in Bangkok. Next question!?

Is the 3rd shot Pfizer and also available for people with 2 previous shots of Pfizer. Apologies if I missed something. Have a nice Holiday Season.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Guderian said:

Booster shots are essential aganst the omicron strain, or so the scientists and doctors tell us. After all, one person has died in the UK with omicron (N.B. not because of omicron), but the government cited patient privacy and declined to give any further details. It turns out that he was an antivaxer in his 70's, but it's still possible that he died of a heart attack, or got run over by a bus, or something totally non-Covid. And as of this morning, it's reported that (roll the drums and prepare to tremble in your boots!) 16 people have been hospitalised in the UK with omicron. Yes sir, you'd better get a move on and chase down those boosters before you become one of those 16 unfortunates, lol. After all, the symptoms are almost exactly the same as for the common cold, and you'd definitely pump large amounts of chemicals and bits of virus into your bloodstream to avoid a case of the sniffles and a minor cough now, wouldn't you?

Soon there will be lots of deaths from Omicron and your post above will seem very misguided. 

• Confused 1

On 12/17/2021 at 4:10 PM, jaideedave said:

I'm afrain my vaccy filter is full. I respectfully decline any more shots. Two is my limit even if you offer me a free pizza. When will this farce end? I know of noone who has or had the so called wuflu. I changed my mind when they target 5 year olds . ONLY if they threaten to deport will I consider taking endless shots? what for? 

"ONLY if they threaten to deport will I consider taking endless shots"

Trouble is, soon you won't be able to travel anywhere without a booster shot so up to you.

"what for?"

Thought that was obvious but here goes; The goal has from the beginning been to prevent/reduce the rate of people catching and transmitting Covid and to reduce the seriousness of the illness if you do catch it. The same goes for the booster shots.

If we don't do this the health services will get overwhelmed as is evident in places where Omicron has taken hold. Almost all patients with serious Covid in the emergency wards are unvaccinated people, and in countries where vaccines have been available for months now that's IMO totally unacceptable.

Send them home and prioritize those who're willing to take one (or rather two+) for the community.

• Thanks 1

FYI this are the latest (AFAIK) recommendations from the Thai health authorities. I saw this in English but can't find it now. Basically it says if you've had 2 shots of either Sinovac or Sinopharm you should wait 4 weeks minimum for the booster. The rest of the vaccines/combination of vaccines are either 3 or 6 months.

Capture.JPG

On 12/18/2021 at 7:53 AM, Jen65 said:

same here

I purchased Moderna through Samitivej and until yesterday they would not schedule a booster shot for 2 Pfizer’s until 6 months had passed from the second shot.

Seems new information has come in from the government and they are now willing to give a booster shot after 3 months have passed from the 2nd Pfizer shot.

Hopefully word gets out quickly to other health care providers.

18 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

I purchased Moderna through Samitivej and until yesterday they would not schedule a booster shot for 2 Pfizer’s until 6 months had passed from the second shot.

Seems new information has come in from the government and they are now willing to give a booster shot after 3 months have passed from the 2nd Pfizer shot.

Hopefully word gets out quickly to other health care providers.

So the info I posted above dated 13th December is already outdated? Far from impossible but if someone can post the new regs I won't be trying to change my scheduled 3rd jab with Moderna.

BTW, following several news sources and Richard Barrow on Twitter and so far nothing about any changes to the recommendations i posted.

13 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

So the info I posted above dated 13th December is already outdated? Far from impossible but if someone can post the new regs I won't be trying to change my scheduled 3rd jab with Moderna.

BTW, following several news sources and Richard Barrow on Twitter and so far nothing about any changes to the recommendations i posted.

I can only go by what Samitivej Sriracha told me so don’t have new regs to share, unfortunately.  I do have an appointment in a few days for the booster, hopefully their information is accurate.