'Thaiembassy.com [email protected] via siam-legal.com' Is this legal and/or a scam?

19 12 2021

I get mail from, what turns out to be, Siam Legal about current requirements for entry to Thailand, among other things.  In the past this mail has contained what I suppose is a selected list of approved hotels and also links to legal services providing help to obtain visas etc..  

They (Siam Legal) are clearly representing themselves as the Thai embassy which, I think, does not exist in Thailand.  Unless they are claiming to represent the Thai Embassy located in some other country, where they do exist.   The latest mail includes the following:  Is this true?

Test & Go Program: 

Travelers will still be required to take the RT-PCR test upon arrival and the self ATK test on the 6th or 7th day on arrival.

What do you think, is this some elaborate self advertising scam or what?

This is a common trait in LoS, just use the information from them with caution. Apparently and more seriously in my mind is that there appear to be some very pretty women here that are pretty but not the latter.

• Haha 2

@notrub: as for the name,  that IS in fact misleading, but it is up to the Thai government to stop the company.

As for the info for test & go, that is absolutely correct, you could verify it I.e. on the facebook site of "PR Thai Government ".

As for the company, yes,they try to sell their services, but they also.provide many interesting, accurate and for some people valuable information 

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It does state this at the bottom of the pages on the site.

image.png.678fc1eddac2aec97e848b97777797ff.png

Foot notes, small prints and T&Cs are instruments to deceit the public and obscure truth and intent of the few readable content

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It is thaiembassy.com and not thaiembassy.or.th and not thaiembassy.go.th or similar .th

That should be enough to know it is not an official Thai website.

So https://www.thaiembassy.org isn't an offical website?

Hint: It is, so what you say doesn't make sense.

While .go.th makes it clear that it's an official Thai government website, this doesn't imply that it's not an official website just because another domain ending is used.

As I was applying for my COE (got one and didn't use it), I was searching everywhere for clear information about what was required and how to follow the rules.  It was very easy to be funneled into this  Siam Legal site (called thaiembassy etc.) and was eventually linked to a few very costly hotels in Bangkok offering the quarantine service.  Along with links to offers of help with my application and to insurance providers (one) too.

It is fine to say that if I looked at the fine print or noticed that it was not go.th or some such thing but desperately searching for information takes us to many sites in the process.

What about 'check with your airline for up to date information'?  It is they who ultimately will or will not let you on the flight.  I flew with Lufthansa but got information more clearly provided on the Air France site. Indeed, if I had not provided the information required by the airline I would not have got on.  A number of people were asked to step aside both going from and coming back to Thailand (with my Thailand Pass).

How are we to know that various sites masquerading as Thai government information sites are up to date?  How do the airlines find out what is the real and current schedule of requirements?  

I came back on the 6th of December and had a PCR test at the hotel (not at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi) and it was an OK process.  There was no mention of an ATK test to be done later personally and anyway, what to do with the results?

Is there a 'Thai Embassy' in Thailand?  No.  That is an oxymoron as an 'embassy' is the official body representing a country in a foreign land.  

One thing is for sure.  I am not traveling out of the country again for a very long time.

btw.  This 'no tourist visa on arrival' decision is causing no end of trouble for people who want to come here for a holiday.  The visa is issued by the Thai embassy in the country of your residence and is processed rapidly, or not, depending on efficiency of the staff.  In France it is 'not'.

Thanks very much for all the very useful information that was provided by contributors to this site.  Very helpful.  I got a COE and my Thailand Pass with your help.  

Take care and keep safe

13 minutes ago, notrub said:

This 'no tourist visa on arrival' decision is causing no end of trouble

apologies if i'm not seeing the forest for the trees but what is this no tourist visa on arrival decision?

i am aware of visa on arrival stamp and visa exempt stamp at thai airport but not what you have described.  

21 minutes ago, notrub said:

This 'no tourist visa on arrival' decision is causing no end of trouble for people who want to come here for a holiday. 

You do not qualify for a 15 day visa on arrival. It is only available for those from 18 countries after applying for it and paying the 2000 baht fee for it,

You can enter the country visa exempt and get a 30 day permit to stay that can be extended for 30 days.  They have been available for over a year now.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is only available for those from 18 countries after applying for it and paying the 2000 baht fee for it,

thx uj.

interesting (?) TIT concept for those 18 countries.

being from oz i check no further then what is applicable to me.

7 minutes ago, Bvor said:

interesting (?) TIT concept for those 18 countries.

There more countries that cannot get a visa on arrival or enter visa exempt that cannot enter without a visa.

Not sure how they chose the countries that get a visa of arrival.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure how they chose the countries that get a visa of arrival.

i've just realised that i misconstrued notrub post and daftly thought there may have been a recent flip/flop entry decision.

TIT entry hoops has done my head in and am quite nervous about my Feb proposed thailand pass app'n getting knocked back for incorrect reasons - as has been reported on numerous occasions.

main reason to return is i have a condo to renovate and try to sell/rent ..........but maybe i should wait another 6 months or so?  

1 hour ago, Bvor said:

main reason to return is i have a condo to renovate and try to sell/rent ..........but maybe i should wait another 6 months or so?  

Most of what people have problems when applying for the Thailand Pass is the ones needed for entry such as vaccinations, covid 19 test results and etc.

The purpose of trip that is on the first page of the registration is not that important.

image.png.5f848f1d3ba2a6ca4fdd6cb33de709a3.png

The one I ticked does removes this space. "Estimated Date of Departure from Thailand".

I don't think thing will change much now unless they tighten the entry requirements due to the Omicron variant. That could eliminate the test & go or the sandboxes so that the only thing left is the 10/14 day quarantine.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The purpose of trip that is on the first page of the registration is not that important.

i mentioned my main purpose in the context of does it justify the entry drama and up front cost.

there have been multiple reports of identical app'ns receiving opposite "judgements" and also some ongoing system glitches.

i have successfully completed a thailand pass for a friend and i intend to provide same info for my own entry app'n so fingers crossed if i have a go.

i have the added risk that even though i am double vaccinated a 14 day hotel quarantine in Perth WA may be reintroduced on my return to Perth in march cos of omicron - something i will absolutely avoid.

i can do home isolation like i did in march 2020 and been here ever since

i have issues arrive and depart thailand (up to me to consider i know).

just sayin.....