Fish found swimming in sealed container of drinking water - What would you do?

webfact

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Ask the company if they would like to buy the bottle of water back inclusive of the lodger, just to keep the news out of the press & social media.

Could be better than the lottery.

The problem with that is that you have to get past customer service first.

Customer service agents in Thailand are not employed to service customers.

Their job is to pass the message onto a higher authority (manager/supervisor) who unfortunately is not available at this moment.

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

These laws really need to change , they affect the public,

you can be sued for telling the true , and offenders hide

behind the law.

regards worgeordie

The defamation laws are draconian I must agree .

There is a plus side in that the malicious reviews written on social media are less in Thailand .

Its not always the customer is right . Far from that 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

A fish was found by one customer swimming in a sealed drinking water container.

From another Thai news media outlet:-

"Health officials in Thailand’s north-eastern province of Ubon Ratchathani have ordered a bottled drinking water plant to suspend operations until it obtains a license from the Thai Food and Drug Administration (TFDA), after a Siamese fighting fish was found in a ten-litre container.

..................The manager reportedly said that the water container might be a recycled one which had not been cleaned properly before reuse"

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/drinking-water-plant-closed-after-siamese-fighting-fish-found-in-bottle/

I cannot read Thai but I believe the company's name can be identified from the accompanying photo.

In a superstitious country with a strong defecation law...

Claim the fish got to the seal container by some divine intervention, and sell it out to the biggest believer with the deepest pocket.

Probably hint the company's CEO should be the buyer of this one time rarity, offer him to be first in line!!!

11 hours ago, itsari said:

The defamation laws are draconian I must agree .

There is a plus side in that the malicious reviews written on social media are less in Thailand .

Its not always the customer is right . Far from that 

I actually have the pretty unpopular view that there is, and should be, a place for criminal defamation, even more so in the internet age when someone can so easily ruin your life or career with false accusations.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

As is common in defamation fearing Thailand, no one mentioned the name of the water company. 

Not this time.

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijMhwUqpULIRWUYRe1HlXaDNhVW

There's name and even phone number of the Ubon Ratchathani plant shown on public TV.

And that plant has been shut down after "maybe bottle wasn't properly cleaned" excuse didn't fly with authorities.