Talk back radio stations

georgegeorgia

On 12/22/2021 at 5:29 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Does Pattaya have any talk back radio stations..

English speaking radio in pattaya 

You've got 
103fm, it's not talk back, you can visit their website and have your say but doubt it will be broadcast, nice music. 
It's hot and cold, used to be fun to listen to, there's an old guy who owns the Station, he's the radio announcer through the week. 
BBC News on the hour and at 8.30am there's a local news which runs all day (no updates). 

Then you have 96fm, it's good to listen to but these days too many Barry Upton songs (a guy in his 70s singing love songs, where's the rock & roll), it's weird. God I wish they'd only play 1 or 2 of his songs a day. He used to be the radio announcer but now pre recorded. There's No talk back.

On 12/24/2021 at 2:04 PM, Peterw42 said:

The modern day equivalent is local Pattaya youtubers doing live streams. There are 3-4 of them that do it and get pretty big audiences.

Discussions, viewers comment, ask questions etc. Its probably more open and free discussion than commercial radio.

Yes of course but what's missing with that format compared to talk radio is hearing the voices of the public. 

In the US talk radio is almost all about right wing bubble politics often extremist anti science anti reality conspiracy theory garbage. A guy at my condo got on the elevator the other day playing one of those and it felt like some kind of horribly out of place audio invasion. He knew enough to turn it down right away though, glory be.

Edited by Jingthing

On 12/24/2021 at 2:06 PM, KannikaP said:

I alternate with LBC as I cannot stand Zoe Ball. But I find it strange when the current presenter tells the audience to switch over to a Podcast there & then.  Does that mean he/she thinks the current program is no good?

Zoe's alright. It's when they give Stacey Dooley a guest spot that I get suddenly active and switch to something that doesn't hurt my ears.

Also lost interest in the Radio 2 'after midnight' slot after they retired Alex Lester and (the late) Janet Long and replaced them with the deplorable OJ Borg.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 2:06 PM, KannikaP said:

I alternate with LBC as I cannot stand Zoe Ball. But I find it strange when the current presenter tells the audience to switch over to a Podcast there & then.  Does that mean he/she thinks the current program is no good?

Zoe's alright. It's when they give Stacey Dooley a guest spot that I get suddenly active and switch to something that doesn't hurt my ears.

Also lost interest in the Radio 2 'after midnight' slot after they retired Alex Lester and (the late) Janet Long and replaced them with the deplorable OJ Borg.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Janice.............