Dissatisfied and lonely expats

Benithon

On 12/23/2021 at 10:20 AM, Benithon said:

Anyone else bored of the bar scene and the beer drinking in Thailand? I feel deep emptiness and dissatisfaction.

I stopped that bar, girls scene many years ago and now live happily here doing many more things than I could ever do in my miserable home country (UK) .  When asked by others how I feel about retirement here, my reply is that I am as happy and contended living here as I would, be anywhere else, and one can ask for no more than that. My advice to anyone contemplating moving here, if your objective is bars and girls forget it. That won't keep you going for long and you will probably end up bitter and twisted, probably broke and unhealthy. For some it works, for many more , it just doesn't. 

• Like 1

Out of many choices we have, many, or maybe more correct to many, choose alcohol and bars above anything else, and in most cases, the worst choice when it come to happiness and sustainable happiness. Serotonin is the most important hormon in our brain, and alcohol is not one of the team player for producing long lasting serotonin. If you also mix SSRIs with alcohol, then you have a high risk of ending more depressive.

On 12/23/2021 at 4:20 PM, Benithon said:

Anyone else bored of the bar scene and the beer drinking in Thailand? I feel deep emptiness and dissatisfaction.

Maybe Thailand is for people with sociopath tendencies, I feel no satasfaction here  hanging around bars and drinking alcohol anymore.

I find it boring.

I recall a saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

It's not like Thailand doesn't have a thousand things to do other than bars and drinking.

• Thanks 1

On 12/24/2021 at 2:11 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Interesting, when I'd finished work in CP Tower I also used to head to the Crown Royal every evening, really nice bar.  This was in 1994/5.   Derby King or The Madrid was always good for some quick scran.

1995, that must have been it's heyday, I was first there in 97 and remember the shelves behind the bar stacked with the punter's bottles of Johnny Black and Johnny Red. All individuallu labelled up, never understood the pricing but never needed to. 

A mate came over for a month, we were having a wander round, went in the CR for one and on his first drink he said - - if I lived here I would make this place my local. Don't know if he would feel the same now. 

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I recall a saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

It's not like Thailand doesn't have a thousand things to do other than bars and drinking.

All this doesn't appear to be connecting with the usual and predictable stereotypes. 

Might you expect anything less from this crowd?