Wrong date on Imigration stamp in passport?

Hello,

I'd like check if anyone can possibly explain following situation?

I applied for / was granted single entry tourist visa for 60 days by local Thai embassy (e-visa).

Upon arriving to Thailand, I filled out VISA number into arrival card and also showed print out of visa confirmation to immigration officer.

I was stamped in, all went smooth.

However, I have noticed now that dates in my passport stamp are possibly wrong.

admitted = 23.12.2021 (that one is correct)

until = 21.01.2022 (this is only 30 days while my e-vise gives me 60 days).

There is handwritten note "E-VISA" bellow the immigration stamp.

My question is - is the "until" date wrong? And if so, what to do in order to correct it? I assume that the only option will be visiting immigration office, showing the e-visa issued by Thai embassy and asking for stamp date correction?

Thank you,
Jakub

38 minutes ago, jhn9001 said:

I assume that the only option will be visiting immigration office,

Yup, I'm afraid so, at least the service is free.

Do ensure you go to immigration before the existing (wrong) "admitted until" date just in case.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The stamp is wrong. You should of been stamped in until February. The officer probably picked up the wrong stamp.

You will have to go to a immigration office to get it fixed.

I would think any immigration office can fix it but will they fix it? I had a good friend who had an error on his stamp coming into Thailand three or four years ago he went down to jomtien to have them change it and correct it they refused and told him he had to go back out to the airport and see immigration there. What a pain

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hereforgood said:

I would think any immigration office can fix it but will they fix it? I had a good friend who had an error on his stamp coming into Thailand three or four years ago he went down to jomtien to have them change it and correct it they refused and told him he had to go back out to the airport and see immigration there. What a pain

Happened to me at BKK a/pt. Had to fly back to BKK airport from HKT to get it corrected! ????????????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

I would think any immigration office can fix it but will they fix it?

They can certainly do it. Some odd office might not want to do it.

It is shown on a announcement for the K desk at MTT in Bangkok.

image.png.bcdd214ba4cfcef459240e1b02ae7b1c.png

32 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

What you do is check the date when they stamp your passport.

That has to be a standard procedure. It happens too often that a moronic IO stamps in a false date.

Extremely annoying if you don't realize and get problems on exit.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will have to go to a immigration office to get it fixed.

It happened to me and I went back to the airport to get it corrected - a lot quicker and more convenient than trekking out to Chaengwattana.

Edited by Kaptain Asia
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kildonan said:

Happened to me at BKK a/pt. Had to fly back to BKK airport from HKT to get it corrected! ????????????

Happened to me last week at CNX luckily the IO caught his mistake and threw the wrong stamp across the table and fixed it there...he was already grumpy as some tourist left a fruit shake cup on the counter and he stood they waiting for the guy to fess up--of course I was next in line...sigh

The office that made a mistake will generally always do it, other offices vary. Main immigration probably yes, but some small immigration offices might not want to have anything to do with it.

If you're near the airport that made a mistake, I'd recommend you go back there.

When they made mistake in my documents I had no idea where to go so I walked into Tourist Police at Swampy, who then called a lady from the other side who sorted things out for me. Was painless, except 20-30 minutes wait for her to come back out with my papers.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hereforgood said:

I had the wrong date put in my passport by mistake after arriving from a holiday in the UK. I never noticed it until I got to Pattaya, I took it to the agent I was dealing with at the time, he told me he would sort it out for 1000 Bt, I said no thanks, I am passing through the airport on my way to Bangkok so I will get it fixed there for free.

He said that if I did there would be problems, so I had to pay him that 1000Bt to go to the IO and get it fixed.

The agent was the one at the back of Big C near the top of South Pattaya Road.

Hello all,

appreciate all the input and info.

The issue was successfully solved by visiting K desk at MTT in Bangkok.

No fee, just needed to fill out "arrival stamp correction" application form and have a copy of passport ready. The process was relatively fast, I was over and done with it in under 2 hours.

And yes, lesson learned - checking the stamp "there and then" is a must.

• Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
On 12/23/2021 at 5:42 PM, ubonjoe said:

They can certainly do it. Some odd office might not want to do it.

It is shown on a announcement for the K desk at MTT in Bangkok.

image.png.bcdd214ba4cfcef459240e1b02ae7b1c.png

What if the stamp is giving one month more than you should of received ?

Can that create a overstay situation ?

30 minutes ago, itsari said:

What if the stamp is giving one month more than you should of received ?

Can that create a overstay situation ?

If the arrival stamp shows a longer stay than you are allowed you immediately get it corrected It is your responsibility to know what your permit to stay date is.

If you went to immigration before wrong stamp runs out the may not charge you for an overstay.

FYI the MTT office is closed now and counter K is now located at Laksi square.

See: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/courses/muangthongthani-will_be-closed/

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If the arrival stamp shows a longer stay than you are allowed you immediately get it corrected It is your responsibility to know what your permit to stay date is.

If you went to immigration before wrong stamp runs out the may not charge you for an overstay.

FYI the MTT office is closed now and counter K is now located at Laksi square.

See: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/courses/muangthongthani-will_be-closed/

Thank you for your help . I will pass on the message .

The situation is not in overstay now .

Thanks again