2022 Is the Year of Booster Shots: PM

snoop1130

11 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I'm booking mine from BPH next week for next month..I have a few influential friends who got me to the front of the queue.  lol...CU there!

Wow you are so special. Hope you don’t have any heart issues or blood clots. 

12 hours ago, KhunLA said:

New Chinese Zodiac sign,  Year of the Booster.

Driving an EV everyday now and going Solar

If you're not part of the solution, then you are the problem 

And what is being burned to create the ev's electricity OH! and battery disposal??? Not a problem if not in your back yard? You are part of a new problem.

• Confused 1

There is currently a story in the UK media that the chinese vaccines are not effective against the omicron variant - it pointed out that a BILLION chinese vaccines have been given out in over 100 countries. I think it safe to say a 100 countries are about to explode with omicron !!

A billion worthless vaccines. Total sham - as OFAH would say - no money back no guarantee

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jcmj said:

Well hopefully 2023 will start bringing back some tourists. It should be treated like the flu as it is and get your flu shot or risk getting sick. If there was a true vaccination like polio or any other world wide risk then once your vaccinated you would not get it. This seems to be the Only vaccine that doesn’t protect you once you get your shots. So treat it as a form of flu which it is and take your yearly shot as it changes.

It's not like the covid vaccines are not protecting you.

They are still highly effective against putting you in the grave.

Here is a small interesting article explaining why some vaccines last longer than other.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/some-vaccines-last-a-lifetime-heres-why-covid-19-shots-dont-11631266201

Another thing that also make it very hard to make a longer lasting vaccine for covid, is that it is capable to jump back and forth from humans/animals which further complicate things.

So yeah, we might end up giving the elders and those in risk categories one or two yearly shots once the pandemic turns endemic.

We are just not there yet and until we are, we will keep having lockdowns and restrictions all over the planet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Swampy999 said:

2022 is the year of booster shots ????????

Please correct me if I am wrong but in my medically uneducated way of thinking a booster shot follows after a previous shot therefore there will not be many booster shots administered here in Issan aka the bottom of the barrel.

I got my booster shot in 2021.

When I read in the news that you could get the booster 3 month after the 2. shot, my wife and I went to the local vaccination place on the 16. th dec. as it was 3,5 month since we had the 2. shot. No problem getting the booster of Pfizer as no problems getting the 2 first shots of AstraZeneca.

The next day the booster shot showed up on my vaccine certificate in MorPhrom.

I live in Kantharalak, Sisaket province and here people are vaccinated when they show up, Thai and foreigners, so not all over Isaan is like You suggest.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Swampy999 said:

2022 is the year of booster shots ????????

Please correct me if I am wrong but in my medically uneducated way of thinking a booster shot follows after a previous shot therefore there will not be many booster shots administered here in Issan aka the bottom of the barrel.

You are wrong. All the people I spoke in several provinces in issaan already had their 2 vaccines months ago. 

My GF lives in a small village in Si Sa Ket, and all villagers have had their booster shot already. This campaign started a month ago. Not only in the big city Si Sa Ket but also in the smaller ones like Kantharalak and small villages throughout the province. The same is for Surin province.

When I was in Bangkok last month lot of people I spoke where already boostered especcialy people in healthcare and retail. In all the shops in the big malls and local shops in cities and villages in the issaan you see signs on the shop windows that personel is fully vaccinated.

9 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Just been notified from the health authority in my province that boosters will be available from 3 months after your #2 jab.

Phizer being offered if you has a mix of Sino/Astra or 2x Astra.
Astra if you had 2xSino

Being a 'dirty falang', very interested what the 'rules' will be put in place for boosters after 2x Pfizer. 

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No you won't. Bragging about jumping the queue because of connections. That comes off as very unethical.

They saw you coming didn’t they? From last week on you can walk into Bamrungrad any daysnyy time and get a Moderna booster shot for Bht 1,600

Just hope Cha-Cha is not going on some personal crusade to redeem his reputation after the botched vax rollout and outbreak this year - that is just going to make it harder visiting during the coming year.

Waste of time anyway, Omicron is in and once up and running will go like wildfire, and looking like causing minimal cases of serious illness.

They need to set a clear target - eg in (most of) Australia at 80% double vax no more QT for OS arrivals, no lockdowns etc 

On 12/23/2021 at 11:33 PM, jcmj said:

This seems to be the Only vaccine that doesn’t protect you once you get your shots. So treat it as a form of flu which it is and take your yearly shot as it changes. 

You can still catch and spread flu even when jabbed. Symptoms would typically be lower but you can certainly still pick it up.

On 12/24/2021 at 5:25 PM, Nobbie49 said:

They saw you coming didn’t they? From last week on you can walk into Bamrungrad any daysnyy time and get a Moderna booster shot for Bht 1,600

He wasn't talking about Bangkok. But is that really true? BPH in Pattaya charges and makes no guarantee of shot date or even if the dose will arrive at all.

Edited by Jingthing

On 12/24/2021 at 5:46 PM, peter zwart said:

I think he is quiet correct. Vaccin and booster for the group that needs it. For the rest i think, next year it wont be necessary anymore as the virus will weaken and become an other flu.

You can't know that yet.

7 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

I do look forward to the day when most become connected and aware of the deep theatre that's being played. 

I look forward to the day when people don't post unsubstantiated conspiracy theory garbage on the internet. They know that they can't be specific and need to hide behind innuendo.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

More like 3 shots a year here-on out ad nauseum for it to have any efficacy.

Protection off a cliff after about 3-4 months.

Garbage V1 vaccines.

Only protection from infection. The vaccines still protect well against serious illness. Not bad for a vaccine that was developed before this virus mutation existed. The next vaccine tweak will undoubtably do a much better job. The US Army vaccine has great promise against this and future mutations. Personally, I'm willing to have a vaccine whenever its recommended until such time as a better vaccine is developed.

The virus is a far greater threat than the vaccines.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, freedomnow said:

Game changer as they say after digging on that online.

That will bring normalcy 4sure...hope it has 5 year efficacy.

Great find.

Save you some digging

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2021/12/us-army-creates-single-vaccine-effective-against-all-covid-sars-variants/360089/

• Thanks 1