Nissan Terra 2022 vs Isuzu Mux 2022

ilikethai

The boss at home wants a Nissan Terra 4x4 but I told her to go with another Mux but 1.9L 4x2.  We had tested both of the MUX months ago and yesterday the Terra.  The Mux it's 1 yr newer, 3.0L, and very conservative styling.  The Terra has a muscular and modern look, a very good car, faster and quieter than the Mux and surprising smoother than MUX(?).   The only thing MUX is missing that she wants is a surround view camera system which I don't blame her since it's a big car.  The Terra has almost everything but I heard Nissan might come out with a new generation Terra since it's sharing with Mitsubishi and the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport next generation is coming out in 2022-2023.  Imagine buying the current Terra and few more yrs from now there's a new generation Terra.  I know it's somewhat a personal question but how bad is this waiting going to be?  Anybody know.  Chip shortage?  Or a Isuzu scarcity stunt?

1 hour ago, ilikethai said:

Thankyou. You mean you like Nissan? 

I'm not in the market anymore I'll keep my truck but I have driven many a Nissan and never been disappointed.

Nowadays I would decide more on looks than to be bothered by what make is the best. 

Vehicles became so much reliable years and years ago. 

Lucky are the ones who got the Chevi SUV's at half price.

• Thanks 1

I would look closely at the manfacture year of the Nissan Terra there has been at least 2/3 model changes in the past 3 years, this time last year Nissan was offering 250,000-300,000 baht discount to shift current stock which does have an impact on used prices

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I enjoy my Nissan Terra.

Nice and big, comfortable.

We use on adventures all over Asia, mainly Thailand since the pandemic.

I put a covered luggage compartment on top to make more room for the family.

No problems so far, 2018.

IMG_20211224_171810__01.jpg

That pearl white looks very fitting on the Terra.  Beautiful!  My boss now wants white pearl after seeing our neighbors Terra in white pearl.  How much was your body side chrome?

7 hours ago, vinny41 said:

I would look closely at the manfacture year of the Nissan Terra there has been at least 2/3 model changes in the past 3 years, this time last year Nissan was offering 250,000-300,000 baht discount to shift current stock which does have an impact on used prices

I'm gonna confused are you saying this will be Nissan's last Terra update and then they'll come out with a new generation?

9 hours ago, ilikethai said:

That pearl white looks very fitting on the Terra.  Beautiful!  My boss now wants white pearl after seeing our neighbors Terra in white pearl.  How much was your body side chrome?

I can't remember.

I know they threw in three options.

I did the camera and two chrome add ons.

Don't get the camera, you can purchase a cheaper and better one from Shoppee or Amazon.

I got the 4 wheel drive also.

Great in the monsoon season and better resale value.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ilikethai said:

I'm gonna confused are you saying this will be Nissan's last Terra update and then they'll come out with a new generation?

I don't know regarding Nissan future product line Current Terra was released August 2021

In May of this year discounts of between 250,000-300,000 were available without asking

https://www.car250.com/nissan-terra-2021-22.html

Brutal reduction, angry with covids! Nissan Terra 2.3 Twin Turbo : 999,000 – 1,199,000 baht (discount up to 3 hundred

thousand baht)

https://www.headlightmag.com/special-price-nissan-terra-twin-turbo-covid19/

Edited by vinny41
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I can't remember.

I know they threw in three options.

I did the camera and two chrome add ons.

Don't get the camera, you can purchase a cheaper and better one from Shoppee or Amazon.

I got the 4 wheel drive also.

Great in the monsoon season and better resale value.

but the my2022 comes with surround view camera already.  Was your Terra my2020?

11 hours ago, ilikethai said:

but the my2022 comes with surround view camera already.  Was your Terra my2020?

The 360-degree Surround View Monitor (AVM) was installed in all VL models since 2019, initally you coulld only view camera through rear view mirror , Nissan provided at cost upgrade at some point where you could view through both rear view mirror and the entertainment display unit.

Some people choose to install aftermarket cameras that allow you to both view 360 and record 360 useful if some decides to key your car

Edited by vinny41
typo
  • Thanks 1

The sale girl called an offer another 15,000 off!   I might have to buy this previous update Terra and just install an aftermarket power tailgate but then my Mux power tailgate sometimes it doesn't close properly.  Plus I've never liked power tailgate my previous 2 SUVs were always acting up.  I think they're slow. Anybody with me on this tailgate?

2 minutes ago, ilikethai said:

The sale girl called an offer another 15,000 off!   I might have to buy this previous update Terra and just install an aftermarket power tailgate but then my Mux power tailgate sometimes it doesn't close properly.  Plus I've never liked power tailgate my previous 2 SUVs were always acting up.  I think they're slow. Anybody with me on this tailgate?

Are youi buying a 2022 vehicle  that hasn't been built yet or are you buying a 2022 vehicle  that was built in 2021 you know when you come to resell there is a big price difference between a vehicle built in 2021 and  a vehicle built in 2022

54 minutes ago, ilikethai said:

Nothing wrong with a manual tailgate with the gas charged self raising lifts/struts....Less to break & trouble free....Click the remote & start the raise slightly - let it swing up....

Unless you're always going to be opening carrying 2 babies or 2 full shopping bags....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/25/2021 at 2:03 PM, Bob12345 said:

Just to make it clear for the other members: you use the luggage compartment on the roof to put the luggage in, so it doesn't bother the passangers inside the car who otherwise have bags and suitcases all around them.

You do not, I repeat, DO NOT put your family in the rooftop box!

Well the former Nissan boss might disagree ????

I bet he will never ever buy a Nissan vehicle ????

https://www.classicfm.com/music-news/carlos-ghosn-ex-nissan-fled-japan-double-bass-case/

Edited by guzzi850m2