PSAS Refuses All Credit Cards

1 minute ago, Jaymatheson said:

It's for the Phuket Sandbox program. 

You have to pay online through the PSAS website for the 2 Covid tests before you can get the hotel certificate and then apply for Thailand Pass.

Much different then the Test N Go  SHA++ hotel I booked in Bangkok for my return, as it was all-inclusive including transport to the Hotel. Wishing you Good luck with getting it taken care of. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Is it card for Thailand or another country?

It could be a temporary problem that will be rectified.

I've tried multiple cards, all foreign.

I'm trying to find out if I can just transfer money to them from my Bangkok Bank account but they don't give a telephone number and haven't received a reply from their email address.

Title of discussion is incorrect.  It should say PSAS (Phuket Swab Appointment System), not PSSA

Wonder if payment might be effected by the recent change in national sandbox system (suspended) and Phuket being exempted but got cut off?  Perhaps will be corrected if that is the case.  ((or maybe not))

Sorry my original post wrong assumption of payment at site.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Would you expect immigration to accept your card for extension of stay also?

Must be shocking for you but ....

Phang Nga Immigration does not accept cash payments (in general and for extensions), only card payments or bank transfer possible.

On 12/24/2021 at 9:35 AM, lopburi3 said:

OK - I admit I am not a fan of plastic but would not expect many people to use a credit card to pay a few baht bill in Thailand.  Would you expect immigration to accept your card for extension of stay also?  If this for actual tests there are ATM's everywhere that do accept cards for cash.  Or is this a mail order type charge?  Cash is still a major payment path here. 

Immigration should accept credit cards, its a business here. 

18 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

Immigration should accept credit cards, its a business here. 

Indeed it appears they are going that path - perhaps more to do with money tracking than business I suspect.  I will still try to have baht in the wallet however.  

In this thread appears it was not a personal visit (as had wrongly assumed) but electronic so indeed cards or some such system would be required.

Update:

Nothing from North America would work for my transaction.  All debit (3) and credit cards (4) from the USA & Canada resulted in an error code.

My Thai bank debit card resulted in an error code.

I tried on 2 laptops (wifi) with different browsers as well as an android smartphone using data.  No luck.

The only thing that ended up working was installing a mobile app from my Thai bank on android and paying directly through a QR code.

Oh la la

• Like 1

Sorry slightly off topic re the sandbox.

Was due to travel back late Jan but hadn't booked...obviously had planned on 1 night test n go but now iced.

The sandbox idea sounds ok but if going anywhere outside your room i'd be a tad paranoid about getting the virus then testing positive on day 7....stuff of nightmares...particularly if omicrom gets going on the island which it inevitably will.

I think i'll just take a punt and wait until the 4th to see if any change (doubtful) and if not just go the 1wk BKK hotel option in a nice decent sized room.

Got 3mths up my sleeve so time isn't huge factor, and given i did at least 5 by 2wk QTs for work in last 18mths it wont kill me.

Anyone else in the same boat ?

2 hours ago, Jaymatheson said:

Update:

Nothing from North America would work for my transaction.  All debit (3) and credit cards (4) from the USA & Canada resulted in an error code.

My Thai bank debit card resulted in an error code.

I tried on 2 laptops (wifi) with different browsers as well as an android smartphone using data.  No luck.

The only thing that ended up working was installing a mobile app from my Thai bank on android and paying directly through a QR code.

Oh la la

I think there’s a problem and the site isn’t working. Heard a few complaints, a hotel answered someone and said it was going to be fixed , but that was a few days ago.

51 minutes ago, UbonEagle said:

Was due to travel back late Jan but hadn't booked...obviously had planned on 1 night test n go but now iced.

The sandbox idea sounds ok but if going anywhere outside your room i'd be a tad paranoid about getting the virus then testing positive on day 7....stuff of nightmares...particularly if omicrom gets going on the island which it inevitably will.

I think i'll just take a punt and wait until the 4th to see if any change (doubtful) and if not just go the 1wk BKK hotel option in a nice decent sized room.

Got 3mths up my sleeve so time isn't huge factor, and given i did at least 5 by 2wk QTs for work in last 18mths it wont kill me.

You have the same chance of catching it the day after the quarantine and two tests, so that’s just the risk.

Fair point Geisha, i suppose if you get it day after ASQ you're still facing the same period on the sidelines.

Then i remembered the ASQ no beer rule also, think i'll be taking the golf clubs to somewhere like mission hills and getting a few rounds in during my week ???? with a cold Singha after

OK - I admit I am not a fan of plastic but would not expect many people to use a credit card to pay a few baht bill in Thailand.  Would you expect immigration to accept your card for extension of stay also?  If this for actual tests there are ATM's everywhere that do accept cards for cash.  Or is this a mail order type charge?  Cash is still a major payment path here. 

go try buy a subway sandwich with proper money !!!

On 12/24/2021 at 4:01 PM, Sato said:

Must be shocking for you but ....

Phang Nga Immigration does not accept cash payments (in general and for extensions), only card payments or bank transfer possible.

And that has sorted Sato out

Cash is old style.

Many of us get points, favorable exchange rates, and no foreign transaction fees.

18 hours ago, UbonEagle said:

Yep, I'm in the same boat.  If nothing changes then I think we'll go to Phuket and pick a nice resort to vacation at.  Besides, if you pick up the virus on day 7, the insurance should take care of you (just the inconvenience of further quarantine).  I suspect with omicron there is no guarantees even going AQ in a Bkk hotel for a week, so may as well enjoy the sandbox.  

I am hoping for a change on the 4th, but I suspect T&G is gone for the next few months or until they accept Omicron's spread.