THAI unveils marketing plan to spur tourism recovery

webfact

I  only would book flights with Thai, if I could see the costumers entering the plane for my wanted destination - .... and , if the ticket would be cheaper than those of other airlines. Don't want to wait for giving my money back.

I had booked Thai sometimes  about 30 to 20 years ago for flights to SE Asia and was staisfied with the service and price. But trying the Emirates only one time, I stopped Thai.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Seems they come up with a "plan" every few weeks. They have more "new strategies" than customers, I guess.

they come up with "new" strategies every hour on the hour and all contradictory..... but this is Thailand, the land of know how to do anything and everything better then any other country

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Many of their customers in Europe are still owed considerable amounts of cash for flights cancelled by them at the beginning of the the pandemic, they need to address this before they start touting for new business.

I get a coupun that i can use in march.Or maybe not.I dont trust them at all.

Edited by stigar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

during a recent networking conference organised by the airline

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The event, which was sponsored by Mastercard

Do what most airlines have done, turn your airline into a bank.

Sell miles to the credit card company for cash. Sell perishable inventory to customers for miles. Control the inventory and increase the price for that inventory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggUduBmvQ_4&t=41s

But not sure TG could manage this.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Sell miles to the credit card company for cash. Sell perishable inventory to customers for miles. Control the inventory and increase the price for that inventory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggUduBmvQ_4&t=41s

But not sure TG could manage this.

TG is still a member of Star Alliance,  (somehow) which seems to have no minimum standards for membership these days.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Yes well it all depends where you live,I live in OZ and Thai was the only airline to fly to Bangkok direct all other airlines stop somewhere and I don't like to wait hours for connecting flights

I flew a fair amount of RT flights on TG XMN/BKK . good service... good food modern ac.. no complaints. There we other choices but won’t mention them... 

Almost all flights we had to Thailand were with THAI.

Only a few minor complains during the years and in the beginning of the pandemic when we had to leave Koh Chang they rescheduled us to a new flight home free of charge.

The one thing that annoys me the most about THAI is that they raised the demand for upgrading to business class bought by frequent flyer point 

They used to cost 25000 pints, so every 3 or so vacation we had enough to upgrade either on flight out or home.

That would be nice if they brought that down to 25000 again.

It was a nice little carrot for us, and we looked forward to those trips.

Normally the flight is just something i want to be over and done with since i can't sleep during the flight and as a tall man my back is killing me after such a long flight.

I get bombarded with Thai Elite adds, all kinds of marketing from TOT. 

I guess it is paying dividends. 

Edited by garyk

21 hours ago, webfact said:

During the conference, THAI highlighted its sales, marketing and revenue strategies

Hopefully, they weren't the same "strategies" that plunged the airline into gigantic debt over and over and over and over again, with no lessons learned and the same mistakes repeated ad nauseam. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Many of their customers in Europe, and indeed all around the world, are still owed considerable amounts of cash for flights cancelled by them at the beginning of the the pandemic, they need to address this before they start touting for new business.

Aside from all these assorted skeletons, they desperately need to reset their long held reputation reflected of a corrupted in-house cronyism business acumen. Warm and fuzzy rhetoric won't cure their ills......a better sense of international business practice might come in handy, though - which is all quite moot, as the carrier remains under the custody and direction of the same principle parties that ran it into the ground years ago. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Aside from all these assorted skeletons, they desperately need to reset their long held reputation reflected of a corrupted in-house cronyism business acumen. Warm and fuzzy rhetoric won't cure their ills......a better sense of international business practice might come in handy, though - which is all quite moot, as the carrier remains under the custody and direction of the same principle parties that ran it into the ground years ago. 

Maybe a good start would be to address these “assorted skeletons” and find a way of repaying the cash they owe to passengers they’ve let down around the globe.

It’s well known internationally that Thai cannot be trusted with passengers cash.

Send Thai Airways down the tube, sell off some of the still existing assets and get a new airline started without Ministry of Finance, without Air Force and all those other greedy thieves in these endless halls of the various government agencies. The latest figure dished up was USD 10 billion (not million) in the red without any chance of just recovering the interest rate. 

1992 was the last year when Thai Airways was truly Thai, a professional carrier the country could be proud of and customers were queueing. Today, arrogant pretties too important to serve the dirty farang, combined with incoherent timetable planning, a disastrous fleet policy of incompatible equipment and billions and billions of most likely never-to-be-refunded air tickets await the seasoned traveller who chose prime carriers from the Middle East over that sad leftover of a sparkling star on the aviation skies of the 80s ..... 

• Like 1