Thailand Wants Home-Grown Cannabis Listed as UNESCO’s Intangible Cultural Heritage

webfact

the only strain they could claim for heritage is "ThaiStick" which used to be famous in the '70-s and '80-s!  the other strains definitely come from other areas or countries.

mind you, it is still not legal to grow or consume which way ever, you need to have permission from 'health officials'! therefor can not be claimed unless made available for everyone without any restrictions! 

for instance Mexico could claim the AcapulcoGold strain, Hawaii could claim the MauiWowie strain etc etc so Tland ThaiStick

Edited by khunpeer
  • Like 1

They might have to speed up their cannabis plans, and produce enough stock if countries in Europe legalize it.

Italy will vote next year.

Germany is also on the move.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/ceciliarodriguez/2021/12/27/germany-moves-to-legalize-cannabis-second-country-after-malta-in-europe/amp/

If it will become legal in Italy and Germany these are two large markets Thailand could deliver to.

If Italy and Germany legalize it, it's 100% that more countries will follow.

Wouldn't Thailand be able to become a large exporter of cannabis, which also would create some jobs for the Thais.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2021 at 7:15 PM, khunpeer said:

the only strain they could claim for heritage is "ThaiStick" which used to be famous in the '70-s and '80-s!  the other strains definitely come from other areas or countries.

mind you, it is still not legal to grow or consume which way ever, you need to have permission from 'health officials'! therefor can not be claimed unless made available for everyone without any restrictions! 

for instance Mexico could claim the AcapulcoGold strain, Hawaii could claim the MauiWowie strain etc etc so Tland ThaiStick

You know, that stuff that's tied to a stick...
Oh THAIstick....

On 12/30/2021 at 11:33 PM, Virt said:

If it will become legal in Italy and Germany legalize it, it's 100% that more countries will follow.

It will be legal worldwide.  Nobody is going to pass up on that amount of tax revenue.

Modern strains of marijuana are grown for yield and potency because of the high prices despite being legalized in many countries. I believe creates more negative side effects. So it make sense to preserve these traditional strains.

None the less, marijuana like alcohol are dirty drugs. Drugs with a lot of side effects.  Addiction, paranoia, confusing and memory loss are some of the worst of marijuana. It  many be possible to minimize the side effect through genetic hybrids.  I  doubt the medicinal value. I have heard of synthetic cannabis is around the corner.  In the future i doubt people will use drugs like alcohol or marijuana.  There are millions of potential mind altering drugs that could be synthesized without the toxicity or side effects.

Edited by Don Chance
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Don Chance said:

I have heard of synthetic cannabis is around the corner.

I went around the synthetic cannabis corner about 15 years ago.Might be time to do some up to date research.Or maybe you're suffering some memory loss.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1