Authorities Recommend 3 AstraZeneca Doses to Fight Omicron

webfact

9 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Are we promoting the AstraZeneca facility here or is a 3rd AZ the way to go now ? My Moderna boost is tomorrow ( 2 x AZ prior ), I've read many articles stating mRNA vaccines are the best option for booster if available over another viral vector........

Mix and match will give wider protection especially with boosters. Any mRNA vax after 2x AZ seems best choice

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

I've had 3 x AZ (1 in UK in mid April, 1 in TH in early July, 1 in UK in early Nov). I wanted a 'complete' vax cert from one country hence the 3rd shot in UK. That was before Omicron but guess I can count it as a booster. Didn't have any reaction to any of the shots. I did catch Covid here in late September but it was very mild.

I also read an article recently that cited Dr Clive Dix, former chairman of the UK Vaccine Task Force, when stating "The AstraZeneca adenovirus vaccine scores well on cell memory and may ultimately protect better than messenger RNA jabs such as Pfizer-BioNTech, now that we are relying more on this second line of defence. He believes the UK should have stuck with AstraZeneca for mix-and-match boosters."

[Article is here but it's behind a paywall: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/12/23/prof-lockdowns-apocalyptic-omicron-claims-undermine-faith-vaccines/]

Who knows. I don't care whether I catch it (again) if the vaccines provide good protection against serious illness. There's so little clarity around this, though, because so many studies talk about protection from "symptomatic infection", which runs the gamut from sniffles for a day to intubation in ICU.

So 3 x AZ or 2 x AZ + 1 of something else? I suspect both options work well but I'm not a clinical virologist and I suspect the issue of a 3rd booster will soon be supplanted by the issue of a 4th, 5th, 6th etc booster ...

I am the same as you with 3 x AZ, but the other way round.  First in TH 7th June, 2nd UK 15th August and 3rd TH 2nd Nov. Got the 3rd for the same reason, to get a certificate.

When I applied for COE the embassy refused to acknowledge my vaccination status but fortunately the Disease Control Officer at the airport did and stamped me in as Vaccinated.

Seen another article today regarding the AZ quoting the same guy.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/astrazeneca-oxford-europe-fears-b1982611.html

4 hours ago, digger70 said:

Yea , down here in Hat Yai same 2x AZ got the 3rd Pfizer 7 days ago.

My wife and I both had our 2nd Astras in September.  She was called about a Phizer Booster appointment and given a date. She went to the hospital Friday for her appointment to tell them that we will wait.  It's not even been 6 months. Always grabing at straws here.

Had 2 AZ shots , Pfizer in the US three weeks ago, and then most recently on return to BKK I used a shot of Moderna I had bought in July from Bumgrungrad. Those along with having had the Delta variant and an ICU stay in April I hope will make this variant as mild as possible if we should cross paths. 

42 minutes ago, timkeen08 said:

My wife and I both had our 2nd Astras in September.  She was called about a Phizer Booster appointment and given a date. She went to the hospital Friday for her appointment to tell them that we will wait.  It's not even been 6 months. Always grabing at straws here.

3 to 6 months for the 3rd shot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, timkeen08 said:

One can have a Phizer booster 3 months after 2  AZ Shots If you want to have a 3rd AZ shot as a booster one will have to wait for 6 months.

57 minutes ago, Derek B said:

90 days

Oz government has reduced the booster from 6 months to 5.

Different countries with different requirements. Does not instill confidence. 

Throw in various articles that suggest over supply on AZ, very convenient to have 2 AZ followed by AZ booster.

Not the suggested plan in some countries such as UK, USA etc

20 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Yes, the same people who said it was not a pandemic, did not recommend chinese non travel and who appear to be white washing the chinese virus by agreeing the chinese do not have to provide their data 

If only they had the benefit of you working for them.............

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Not just me. I'm pretty sure 99% of the people on here are not in the pockets of the CCP and could run the WHO better than the current knee bending lot. 

You are a worse case than I thought, if you actually believe stat ridiculous statement.

On 12/27/2021 at 6:54 AM, ThailandRyan said:

My daughter the nurse practitioner said get the Moderna as a booster if I have been jabbed with 2 AZ.

Just had my Moderna boost at BKK hospital BKK, was given a full dose 100mcg ( 2 X AZ prior ), certificate with QR code given and the nurse updated the 3rd jab in my Yellow Vaccine Passport book. I beat the crowd just when leaving about 8-9 Vans were pulling in with people climbing out and lining up for Moderna. 

21 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

Mix and match will give wider protection especially with boosters. Any mRNA vax after 2x AZ seems best choice

Ya reckon? Lol yeah let's keep big pharma earning. Should we just move to covid "boosters" how often? 90 days, 60 days, 30 days? Weekly perhaps? When is a vaccine not a vaccine lol

https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/2021/12/26/22848390/covid-vaccine-booster-shots-omicron-variant

8 minutes ago, starky said:

Ya reckon? Lol yeah let's keep big pharma earning. Should we just move to covid "boosters" how often? 90 days, 60 days, 30 days? Weekly perhaps? When is a vaccine not a vaccine lol

https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/2021/12/26/22848390/covid-vaccine-booster-shots-omicron-variant

Once a year for those who are elderly or use an underlying condition such as I do called Diabetes.  After all I do get an annual Flu shot.  

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Once a year for those who are elderly or use an underlying condition such as I do called Diabetes.  After all I do get an annual Flu shot.  

That would be nice if it was a decent comparison which it's not. Current advice is for Everyone to get a booster and this is only with this current variant. Also an annual Flu shot is optional it doesn't impede your freedom or ability to travel. I've never had a flu shot in my life. Nice try.

Edited by starky

7 minutes ago, starky said:

That would be nice if it was a decent comparison which it's not. Current advice is for Everyone to get a booster and this is only with this current variant. Also an annual Flu shot is optional it doesn't impede your freedom or ability to travel. I've never had a flu shot in my life. Nice try.

Of course you are correct but then there are annual boosters given for many different things, and children must be vaccinated as well before attending school....alas Covid has created a cottage industry, but then I am sure you take an aspirin now and then thats made by a company who makes money from it. 

I guess your not one of those like myself that have an old yellow vaccination book that used to be shown when entering certain countries, and if not  vaccinated for certain illnesses were denied entry.

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Of course you are correct but then there are annual boosters given for many different things, and children must be vaccinated as well before attending school....alas Covid has created a cottage industry, but then I am sure you take an aspirin now and then thats made by a company who makes money from it.

Apples and oranges mate. Comparing an aspirin to a approved for emergency rmna vaccine is a ridiculous comparison. I would suggest that a vaccine I need (read made) to take every 3 months is either not effective or a waste of time. We should be at a point now where your freedoms are not impeded by choice. The majority of us went and got double vaxxed on the premise we would receive certain freedoms for that. It seems that wasn't the truth. Why should people be forced to take a vaccine that clearly isn't effective.  Did you even read the article I posted? 

• Haha 2

Any advice on where to obtain booster. Previous two AZ where given at Bang Sue (SCG)

Think I can obtain AZ there. Not sure how to make appointment.

Alternatively happy to attend a private hospital and pay. Perhaps with option of Pfizer.

Any suggestions welcome

38 minutes ago, starky said:

Apples and oranges mate. Comparing an aspirin to a approved for emergency rmna vaccine is a ridiculous comparison. I would suggest that a vaccine I need (read made) to take every 3 months is either not effective or a waste of time. We should be at a point now where your freedoms are not impeded by choice. The majority of us went and got double vaxxed on the premise we would receive certain freedoms for that. It seems that wasn't the truth. Why should people be forced to take a vaccine that clearly isn't effective.  Did you even read the article I posted? 

And there we go, agreeing to disagree.  Thanks Starky.

5 minutes ago, RobU said:

"Authorities Recommend 3 AstraZeneca Doses to Fight Omicron"

So why aren't the people who have only been double vaccinated with Sinovac not being called back for AstraZeneca jabs?

Pretty sure they were being called back and being given Pfizer.

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Any advice on where to obtain booster. Previous two AZ where given at Bang Sue (SCG)

Think I can obtain AZ there. Not sure how to make appointment.

Alternatively happy to attend a private hospital and pay. Perhaps with option of Pfizer.

Any suggestions welcome

You can purchase Moderna on Shopee app through BKK Hospital BKK 1650 baht and make an appointment. Print and bring your purchase e-coupon, no other fees are added, yesterday I was given a full dose 100mcg, the normal shoulder discomfort, no fever......

Edited by CANSIAM

11 hours ago, RobU said:

Not in Nong Khai Province where my fiance lives

Sorry to hear that, the CCSA posted a metric about 2 weeks ago showing the boosters for each of the vaccine combinations and what they were giving at that time.

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sorry to hear that, the CCSA posted a metric about 2 weeks ago showing the boosters for each of the vaccine combinations and what they were giving at that time.

Do you have a link to the metric please? I am in England and I am extremely worried

Edited by RobU