Thai vaccine certs accepted in Europe as Omicron offers glimmers of hope for a virus fatigued world

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

the 13 digit ID starting with 60000 can be found on the vax certificate

Ok, all good. Numerous telephone calls by the Thai staff, a bit of frustration and 2 hours later the app works. Should have let them have a crack at it before.

EU endorses Thailand Digital Health Pass on “Mor Prom” application

Thai-PBS-World-logo-24.jpg

The European Union (EU) has endorsed the Thailand Digital Health Pass on the “Mor Prom” application, which means the pass is equivalent to the EU’s COVID-19 clearance certificate and can be used, starting in January, to enter European countries, Government Spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said, today (Monday).

Moreover, he said that the same pass will enable Thais to enter other countries and territories, which have links with Thailand Digital Health Pass system, and to participate in activities or use services at venues in those countries and territories.

He noted, however, that Thai travellers will have to comply with the health measures adopted in those places, such as quarantine requirements.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/eu-endorses-thailand-digital-health-pass-on-mor-prom-applicationthe-european-union-eu-has-endorsed-the-thailand-digital-health-pass-on-the-mor-prom-application-w/

3 hours ago, starky said:

Long before discussing whether certain vaccine hoarding nations need a 3rd a 4th or more shots per person. 

I really do not believe any nation is hoarding vaccines that could be used in other countries with all the vaccines that have expired and destroyed world wide. It is the govt's of these 2nd and 3rd world countries who are not allowing the distribution of vaccines. Either because of corruption or waiting on a different one. Or haggling about price, as Thailand did and got behind the curve. Or as some EU countries did with not wanting AZ vaccine. Or countries not wanting J&J's because of a rare blood problem. Even China's watered down one is better than none to start the ball rolling. 

44 minutes ago, sallecc said:

I entered correct vax. certificate & phone number, and got this message heh:

20211227_122851.jpg

I got the same message, everything correct, but it didn't work. Then i used "Line" instead the downloaded app and  the registration was no problem.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gargamon said:

Yes, I agree. But realize the virus naturally weakens with mutation. After all, it's main mission is to reproduce and it can't reproduce if the infected host dies. Think of it as evolution in action.

Not necessarily, look at the Delta mutation. It was not only more infectious than Alpha, but more likely to cause serious illness and hospitalization. You are thinking of it as an intelligent organism, it’s not. It’s just a brainless virus. If it infects the next person and then it’s current host dies, it lacks the ability to care.

1 hour ago, MikeUdon said:

The international vaccination certificate which I received from Udon Thani Provinvial Health Office in October was accepted by Etihad Airways when I had to leave Thailand late October for Germany. In Germany it was accepted as well by hotels and public transport services. Beginning of December I had to travel to India. Again it was accepted by Air India and the local health authorities. 

Thanks for that Mike. Occured to me that if Mor Prom is accepted on equal terms as EU equivalent, does the EU principle then apply to us and we should only have to satisfy one condition i.e. either vaccination or recently recovered or negative test? That would put an end to the fully vaccinated being also subjected to testing. 

4 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Excellent point. It's a reciprocal agreement to recognise Thai vaccine certificates. Not the vaccines. Also, each Country could decide to 'red list' Thailand. 

From the same file:

Dear,

The Sinopharm vaccine is not approved by the European ECDC, and therefore not by Belgium.  AstraZeneca on the other hand is.

Foreign-made vaccines can be registered in Belgium under a number of conditions:
 -it must be a vaccine approved by the European Medicines Agency (currently: Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson)
 -the person must obtain an official certificate from the local health authorities, the bank card format cards received at the time of vaccination are not sufficient proof
 -this certificate will allow you to enter Belgium, if the conditions are met (approved vaccine + at least 14 days between the 2nd dose and arrival in Belgium)
 -once back in Belgium, the person must contact the FPS Public Health (https://www.health.belgium.be/nl/contact)

In Belgium, a third shot is offered for people with a higher risk (age, other medical condition...) but not mandatory, and certainly not before your return to Belgium.

Regards,

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Big Bert said:

Got my booster last week at the indoor stadium, no certificate, no 13 digit number jabbed and out the door. Now I have to start chasing around banglamung hospital to get a cert. They don't answer the phone or e-mail. wished I hadn't bothered now.

If it was a  booster, then presumably you had/have a certificate for the previous jabs. In fact I'm not sure how you got a booster without that. But if you went back to the stadium they might be able to help. Take your certificate with your previous jabs on it (assuming they were given in Thailand) and they will manually update your Mor Prom record. This will then show up on your digital Vax certificate in the Mor Phrom app, which you can print out. You can then apply for the yellow vaccine passport. Make sure all your details are correct prior to applying.

This is what I did.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Big Bert said:

Got my booster last week at the indoor stadium, no certificate, no 13 digit number jabbed and out the door. Now I have to start chasing around banglamung hospital to get a cert. They don't answer the phone or e-mail. wished I hadn't bothered now.

The slip of paper you got at one of the registration desks that was taken off you at the next desk contained your vaccine ID number.  I photographed mine and was able to register on Mor Phrom in the waiting area.  Prior to that I had asked about a certificate and was told nothing on site and to ask at Banglamung hospital in the afternoon.

6 hours ago, bradiston said:

When you say "the Mor Prom team", who exactly were they? I'm not doubting you, just curious.

Maybe just have to carry 2 passports/certificates then? There must be many now who have had jabs in different countries. Is there an "official" line on this?

Ref the first point

From: Mohpromt Team Ministry Of Public Health <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2021 10:15:41 AM
To: 
Subject: How to answer the problem of registration of vaccination status?

Dear 

The second dose received in the UK cannot be registered Mohpromt app.

You must attach a vaccination document from the UK.

Best Regards

Naphapat

Mohpromt Teams

As for the second point, official line from who?. certainly not from WHO.

7 hours ago, starky said:

Yes and the way to do that would to vaccinate everybody. Long before discussing whether certain vaccine hoarding nations need a 3rd a 4th or more shots per person. 

...thats what i said  !

7 hours ago, gargamon said:

Yes, I agree. But realize the virus naturally weakens with mutation. After all, it's main mission is to reproduce and it can't reproduce if the infected host dies. Think of it as evolution in action.

...dont you realise i know this?

8 minutes ago, treetops said:

The slip of paper you got at one of the registration desks that was taken off you at the next desk contained your vaccine ID number.  I photographed mine and was able to register on Mor Phrom in the waiting area.  Prior to that I had asked about a certificate and was told nothing on site and to ask at Banglamung hospital in the afternoon.

My first 2 doses in the UK, the paper they gave me has my passport number on and a 15 digit number below a QR code. there is no 13 digit number, believe my I have checked multiple times

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Are they accepted in the UK?

There is an NHS department which is supposed to facilitate entry into the English records system although anecdotally it has been difficult to get an appointment to do this.  Phone registration is also now said to be an option but I've no idea how it works.

37 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

is that not what "gargamon" was saying? I consider vaccines as part of the mitigation.

..your job is to convince the ant-vaxxers and those who do not understand that they MUST get vaccinated.

Edited by tandor
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, bradiston said:

If it was a  booster, then presumably you had/have a certificate for the previous jabs. In fact I'm not sure how you got a booster without that. But if you went back to the stadium they might be able to help. Take your certificate with your previous jabs on it (assuming they were given in Thailand) and they will manually update your Mor Prom record. This will then show up on your digital Vax certificate in the Mor Phrom app, which you can print out. You can then apply for the yellow vaccine passport. Make sure all your details are correct prior to applying.

This is what I did.

My first shots in the UK only the 3rd shot. - booster here. I scanned the QR code for the certificate but with no 13 digit number I cannot do anything. The records I have is my pictures taken of the paper work.  The point is now I must go to the hospital and follow up. The stadium does not run vaccine everyday and you cannot just wander in.

6 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

What ID 13 digit number do foreigners use as our passport numbers are much less total digits than the 13 digit Thai ID card that the app is currently built for? Until we figure out the ID nymber the Mor Prom app remains pretty much useless. I am sure I am not the only one trying to enter multiple numbers ...

Pink ID worked for everyone I know but there have been multiple reports on here saying it doesn’t work for them

2 minutes ago, Big Bert said:

My first 2 doses in the UK, the paper they gave me has my passport number on and a 15 digit number below a QR code. there is no 13 digit number, believe my I have checked multiple times

This (redacted) was what I got as part of the registration process at the stadium.  It was taken from me at the next desk but by that time I'd photographed it:

88273933_banglamungvaccine.jpg.4da2fd248a4dacca1771ee3222fb8478.jpg