I have thailand pass, been vaccinated twice, plus booster, pcr tested before flight, pcr tested at ASQ+ hotel - Can my condo make me take another covid test?

ZebraGold

1 minute ago, Bert got kinky said:

That goes absolutely nowhere towards a credible source that vacination does not prevent you from getting Covid.

It didn't stop him getting COVID, and dying from it.

Then there's the Dutch tourisst family in Thai COVID prison, all double vaxxed.

And the Israeli guy on the run, he would have been at least triple vaxxed in Israel.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Someone asked, and I answered.

If the vaccines work, and you've had them, no need for you to fear anyone else.

Common sense tells us that you don't crash you bike on purpose just because you have a helmet on.

You do understand that the vaccination does not prevent infection but it helps to prevent infection, don't you?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bert got kinky said:

Common sense tells us that you don't crash you bike on purpose just because you have a helmet on.

You do understand that the vaccination does not prevent infection but it helps to prevent infection, don't you?

I answered the question that was asked, not the question you just imagined.

If a different question had been asked, I would have either given a different answer on none at all.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Someone asked, and I answered.

If the vaccines work, and you've had them, no need for you to fear anyone else.

I'm trying to inject a bit of truth into others 'liberal new world order woke multicultural' agenda.

1. I’m not in fear of anyone.

2. You are injecting truth, you are cherry picking to misrepresent fact.

3. ‘Liberal new world order’ ‘Woke multicultural agenda’ - What on earth are you on about and whatever it is you are on about, what has it got to do with anything in this thread or even this sub-forum?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It didn't stop him getting COVID, and dying from it.

Then there's the Dutch tourisst family in Thai COVID prison, all double vaxxed.

And the Israeli guy on the run, he would have been at least triple vaxxed in Israel.

1. More cherry picking.

2. There’s no such thing as ‘COVID Prison’.

3. You have no idea of the vaccination status of the ‘Israeli guy’ - but don’t let that stop you making stuff up.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bert got kinky said:

What a very strange  post.

Does it mean anything?

Yeah it does, Bert. Why should the vast majority of humanity be responsible for those who are obese, and otherwise in poor health due their own choices ??? Especially since this "virus" and its variants are of Chinese creation and exported ???

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, WingFat said:

Yeah it does, Bert. Why should the vast majority of humanity be responsible for those who are obese, and otherwise in poor health due their own choices ??? Especially since this "virus" and its variants are of Chinese creation and exported ???

The vast majority of people at elevated risk are old - being old is not a personal choice.

Provide your evidence that ‘the virus and its variants are a Chinese  creation’. - Before doing so, refer the notification on misinformation at the top of this forum.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

I think you would be more accurate if you stated ...  "the 'shots' may or may not help 'fight' the infection" ... as none prevent you from getting the infection. 

I thought that was common knowledge by now.  Do they even market it as preventing the virus ... I think not.

With so many (relative) vax'd people infected and or dying of the virus, those facts are fairly obvious.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

I think you would be more accurate if you stated ...  "the 'shots' may or may not help 'fight' the infection" ... as none prevent you from getting the infection. 

I thought that was common knowledge by now.  Do they even market it as preventing the virus ... I think not.

With so many (relative) vax'd people infected and or dying of the virus, those facts are fairly obvious.

Why not just stick to the data on hospitalizations and deaths v vaccination status?

Morally ... you're in Thailand, think about that ...

Legally ... see above ... ????

Why I wouldn't live in a gated or condo living arrangement ... no control.  There's always the lawyer route, though may take years, so pick a good hotel while waiting.

2 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

I've read that vacination does not prevent you from getting Covid.  

Care to share a credible source?

There are millions if not billions who would support his statement. In your situation scant knowledge of the Covid-19 virus and its implicationd is worrying. You need to get out more. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

If you came with the T&G Thaipass, you're mandated to an ATK test after 6 or 7 days already, I guess. The test should have been given to you already by the ASQ hotel.

That was my understanding, but I think many have spread the word that it is optional.

There would be nothing wrong in the condo management or any other entity checking that you had taken that second test following arrival.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Once again cherry picking to misrepresent the fact the vaccines have prevented countless infections, serious illnesses, hospitalizations and deaths.

One has to wonder what you get out of your constant efforts to undermine the truth of how effective the vaccines are.

Not cherry picking, the question was asked if you can still get covid after vaccination, you can.

So one can get double vaccinated, booster and still pass on covid. 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Not cherry picking, the question was asked if you can still get covid after vaccination, you can.

So one can get double vaccinated, booster and still pass on covid. 

What is possible and what is probable are not the same thing.

That said, anti-vaxxers not understanding or otherwise misrepresenting relative levels of probability is nothing new. 

Edited by Chomper Higgot

This is easy.. The law changed a week ago or so.. The new law stipulates that people under the test&go scheme needs another pcr test on day 6.

You just did not read the news about it.

Moreover.. No more test&go  are approved.. Its over for that.. but you are grandfathered. so you can count yourself lucky.

21 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

On an individual level yes.... 

Someone who is vaccinated, double vaccinated and with boosters can still contract and pass on Covid-19. 

This is because the Covid-19 vaccines do not have a 100% efficacy and have never claimed to have. 

Additionally, real world effectiveness is always a measure less than efficacy. 

We could find an individual who does not contract Covid-19 because he is vaccinated - it could be argued that vaccines work 100% (for him) and that would be flawed. 

In much the same manner we find a vaccinated individual who does contract Covid-18 and some want to argue that vaccines are ineffective, again, this is fundamentally flawed analysis. 

Vaccinations work on a community level....  think in hundreds of thousands of people rather than on an individual level and we can see that vaccines offer a greater level of protection than none. 

The question was can vaccinated still get and pass on covid. They can

The science and knowledge is changing every day and there is a lot of false information from both sides of the argument.

Government scientists who have lied or misrepresented evidence have a lot to answer for. I would think people who find out their lies would be wary and rightfully so.

Edited by chrissables
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What is possible and what is probable are not the same thing.

That said, anti-vaxxers not understanding or otherwise misrepresenting relative levels of probability is nothing new. 

Please read the link sent in full is is factual, not probable. 

• Haha 1

On 12/27/2021 at 7:47 AM, ZebraGold said:

It is 6 days I have been back in condo and now they want another covid test.  Smells like politics.  I have not seen any bulletin posted about this regulation.  Seems like I am being singled out.  What recourse do I have?

You need a second Covid-test after 6 days, and it's the hotel - or landlord - that shall arrange for it; that's the present rules. The second test shall be a RT-PCR test, and the good news is that it's free...????

269731408_4971207716235936_3626249613235083542_n.png.ead2b555c84404249de836c6ab8a9774.png

I think there were some events at the weekend which made tests mandatory before entry, almost nobody turned up.

If you are outside your usual residence area, why would anyone take a test, they have no idea how to get back to their own residence without contact and don't want to go to hospital so best option is avoid tests which of course creates a high spread society.

In this case can you do the test at your own condo and can you self isolate if positive, so unless this is the new 6 day rule thing I'd take my own test and if that was clear, agree to the test if you are allowed to self isolate.

Even at a test center, how do you get back to self isolation from there, will the condo allow self isolation?

These unknowns generally means people will avoid tests, spread more.  If its 99% asymtomatic does it matter we live in slight denial but get on with lives, it will though matter to those not vaccinated, at high risk or worry about long term symptoms, tough choices for that group.

6 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

I've read that vacination does not prevent you from getting Covid.  

Care to share a credible source?

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/

How well do the COVID-19 vaccines work?

Anyone who gets COVID-19 can become seriously ill or have long-term effects (long COVID). The COVID-19 vaccines are the best way to protect yourself and others.

Research has shown the vaccines help:

• reduce your risk of getting seriously ill or dying from COVID-19
  • reduce your risk of catching or spreading COVID-19
  • protect against COVID-19 variants

The 1st dose should give you some protection from 3 or 4 weeks after you've had it. But you need 2 doses for stronger and longer-lasting protection.

There is a chance you might still get or spread COVID-19 even if you have a vaccine, so it's important to follow advice about how to avoid catching and spreading COVID-19.

From the UK National Health Service website. Credible enough...?