Over ten thousand chicks die, a hundred surviving chicks scattered on road after truck overturns in Ban Bueng

webfact

tOdYppTk-983889-768x576-1-696x522.jpg

PHOTO: Wisarn Sangjaroen / Top News

By Goong Nang(GN)

Ban Bueng – Over ten thousand baby chicks died and a hundred living chicks were scattered on a road after a truck overturned in Ban Bueng.

Emergency responders were notified of the accident at a U-turn on Number 344 Road in the Nong Irun sub-district earlier this week in the early evening.

The first response teams arrived at the scene to find an overturned truck on the road. Nearby, they found a hundred live chicks, and roughly ten thousand dead chicks scattered on the road. Rescue workers helped to remove them and temporarily stopped traffic.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/12/28/over-ten-thousand-chicks-die-a-hundred-surviving-chicks-scattered-on-road-after-truck-overturns-in-ban-bueng/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Tarteso said:

Will be so difficult to explain to the chickens survivors of the tragedy; Why U-turns still exist in this country.  ????

I was thinking that as I negotiated the ones on my usual  trip in, and out, of town......such dangerous things. Traffic making U-Turns from both directions, can't really see, due to waiting traffic facing you. Impatient people making 2 lanes and pushing into frontal positions. Large truck/ trailer combos doing near impossible U-Turns... all on Hwy 36, which is a racetrack for many. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

For anyone who doesn't know the chicken business, millions of male chick are discarded (sent to the mincer) just because they're the wrong sex as there is no commercial use in male chickens...

Male chicks ground down and  become part of the animal food chain... 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I was thinking that as I negotiated the ones on my usual  trip in, and out, of town......such dangerous things. Traffic making U-Turns from both directions, can't really see, due to waiting traffic facing you. Impatient people making 2 lanes and pushing into frontal positions. Large truck/ trailer combos doing near impossible U-Turns... all on Hwy 36, which is a racetrack for many. 

They are everywhere every few kilometers, I wonder who decided to install these deadly twists.  One of these days we will end up like those chickens. With so many human losses in those turns, I really wonder what kind of people are in power. these yearly deaths don't make sense. 

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Don't tell me, he braked as he saw a chicken crossing the road, but his brakes failed.

Darn it! Beaten to the punch with a much needed chicken joke yet again !!! Given the slipperyness of Thai law as far as road accidents are concerned I would posit that the drivers goose in not necessarily guaranteed to be cooked.

• Haha 1

From the passenger in the overturned lorry: "There was a truck making a U-turn in front of us. My truck driver was trying to avoid the collision but lost control before the truck overturned on the wet road."

In other words, the driver next to me was going too fast to react to what might happen on the road ahead. Perfectly normal behaviour in Thailand.