Following Thailand’s tightened entry restrictions – the situation remains calm in the country

webfact

well let me tell you a little secret - the "situation" is very calm also in panama, conta rica, brazil, argentina, and even s. africa !! without any new restrictions !!

entry to all those countries is possible without PASS non sense, but some will require

vaccination.

you can check this on WORLDMETER.COM

thailand keeps shooting itself in the legs with all those restrictions.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

Serious infection I would agree. Stop totally any level of infection and the possibility of infecting others I would disagree. Check out the WHO website or any other recognised health organisations and they state that at present there is no evidence to conclusively support that being vaccinated stops you being infected and passing that infection on? If this was the case, please explain double jabbed a asymptomatics passing on the virus? Also explain my mate catching Delta and passing it on to his Mrs, despite him being double jabbed with Astrozenica only 6 weeks previously? ????

Please also explain as to why in the western world, double and triple jabbed people are still being expected to isolate if they come into close contact with a confirmed infection? Surely this wouldn’t be required if things were as you state? ????

By the way, I’m not an anti-vaxxer, I’ve had 3 shots of Pfizer. I just don’t like people thinking that just because they’ve been vaxxed, they’re totally immune to it and can’t pass it on to others?

Vaccination can prevent infection up to 90%, at least for Delta.

Note that 90% is not the same as 100%, which accounts for relatively rare breakthrough infections.

• Haha 1

When I hear of someone giving their wife or husband the COVID, I have to wonder just how much they 

love their spouse. When I isolated, the closest my wife and I got was 10 feet, and that was for 21 days, I stayed

in the basement with my own bedroom and bathroom, and she stayed up stairs and gave me my meals at the top of the basement stairs.

There was no transfer of disease, and I recovered okay, thankfully.  I am just glad that I have waited to visit Thailand until at least the end

of 2022.

Edited by Stargeezr
error

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Vaccination can prevent infection up to 90%, at least for Delta.

Note that 90% is not the same as 100%, which accounts for relatively rare breakthrough infections.

Is there a reason that you didn’t or cannot answer my questions? 

9 minutes ago, Trip Hop said:

Is there a reason that you didn’t or cannot answer my questions? 

Because the answer is so obvious to everyone but you. I will type slowly so you understand.

Vaccination provides a high level of protection against infection. But not 100%. This is true for just about any vaccine.

Because even a vaccinated person has a non-zero chance of infection, they must undergo isolation if in contact with an infected person.

And they may still be infected, albeit with a much less severe illness. Although such breakthrough infections are rare.

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Because the answer is so obvious to everyone but you. I will type slowly so you understand.

Vaccination provides a high level of protection against infection. But not 100%. This is true for just about any vaccine.

Because even a vaccinated person has a non-zero chance of infection, they must undergo isolation if in contact with an infected person.

And they may still be infected, albeit with a much less severe illness. Although such breakthrough infections are rare.

So basically what you are saying is being vaccinated does not guarantee that you will not get infected nor that you will not pass that infection on? Exactly what my original post basically said if you read it correctly? So why pipe up?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Trip Hop said:

So basically what you are saying is being vaccinated does not guarantee that you will not get infected nor that you will not pass that infection on? Exactly what my original post basically said if you read it correctly? So why pipe up?

Clearly you don’t understand the difference between 90% protection and 0% protection. 

in your confused state, even if vaccination provided 99.9% protection, you would claim that it was no guarantee against infection.

however, even you agree that people should vaccinate to protect against Covid, right?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Clearly you don’t understand the difference between 90% protection and 0% protection. 

in your confused state, even if vaccination provided 99.9% protection, you would claim that it was no guarantee against infection.

however, even you agree that people should vaccinate to protect against Covid, right?

My original post stated that being vaccinated does not guarantee that you will not get infected and that you will not pass that infection on. By your own words, you have admitted this?

However, instead of just admitting that what I originally stated is correct, in order to try and justify your argument, you have sidetracked this by harping on about vaccines reducing the risk of infection to which my original post made no reference to whatsoever? You insinuate that I’m confused or uneducated, yet you’re the one that can’t even understand the context of my original post? ????

Now, do you want me to lend you a shovel for that hole you’re digging for yourself?

2 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

My original post stated that being vaccinated does not guarantee that you will not get infected and that you will not pass that infection on. By your own words, you have admitted this?

However, instead of just admitting that what I originally stated is correct, in order to try and justify your argument, you have sidetracked this by harping on about vaccines reducing the risk of infection to which my original post made no reference to whatsoever? You insinuate that I’m confused or uneducated, yet you’re the one that can’t even understand the context of my original post? ????

Now, do you want me to lend you a shovel for that hole you’re digging for yourself?

Both Michael Phelps and I can swim. 

On 12/31/2021 at 10:17 AM, Trip Hop said:

And for the umpteenth time, whilst vaccines are great, they do not stop you catching and transmitting the virus to others. They merely reduce the risk of yourself requiring medical treatment. 

This is a lie spread by anti-Vaxxers. 

Vaccination reduces the risk of infection up to 90%.  

Your statement is akin to saying that birth control pills don't stop conception because they are only 99.5% effective. 

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

He loves to deflect and avoid the real answer Trip

• Like 1

seems a bit of a mare for some of us? i have booked everything, got everything except co-vid, and the other day after hearing the ''Test and go'' had been suspended

i checked my SHA+ hotel website and first thing i saw was a punter describing the hotel as stealing his money!!!

his write up says they would not even speak to him. hung up. now considering i have my flight, my insurance, my hotel, my non o visa, my RCP test

if Prayuth cancels the Thai pass T&G will we all get refunds for all the things we have had to buy in order to get the Thailand pass+ T&G , will all those people who are out of pocket by about 1000 pounds + be prepared to take a chance on traveling to Thailand again ? 

or is this ok with him? 

Edited by zoza
spaces
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2021 at 9:13 PM, RichardColeman said:

Following Thailand’s tightened entry restrictions – the situation remains calm in the country

Am I the only one thinking this is one of the worst misleading headlines of the year ? It's just a story about 2 Swedes saying life is OK and they happy they were lucky to get in before the test and go went,

Total nonsense 

Credit to whoever found this small good news story. Must have taken some effort.  ????

Stopping tourism makes little sense. Omicron is already set in Thailand ... all you are doing is causing economic damage, and simply just delaying the spread. 

They do nothing about the Mynmar porous border, but will needlesly wreck their economy by banning tourists (or put up obstacals targetting them). 

On 12/31/2021 at 4:31 AM, Cherrytreeview said:

It's not calm in Pattaya.

Triangle Bar, off Soi Bukahow, has had 6 members of staff taken into hospital quarantine after testing positive for covid. Part of the SHA+ accreditation is regular staff testing.

Bar has been shut until further notice.

Nick Dean was saying that omicron is everywhere in Pattaya and that Chonburi are having a meeting today. He expects restrictions to come back in.

One minute the Scandinavians are whingeing their banged up because they can't read the Test-Wait-Maybe-Go-Hospital small print and then the next bunch of ABBA lovers think everythings calm.

"whingeing their" WHAT is "banged up"?

11 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

No. You should check out the Herman Cain awards to see what happens to people who dismiss Covid.

More like older people who are overweight and unhealthy and have a history of poor health (heart attacks) need to be extra careful because they are susceptible to dropping off at any time from a variety of ailments, diseases, and infections.

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

More like older people who are overweight and unhealthy and have a history of poor health (heart attacks) need to be extra careful because they are susceptible to dropping off at any time from a variety of ailments, diseases, and infections.

Clearly, you are not keeping up on current events. 

Omicron filling pediatric hospitals

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Many children are hospitalized with covid, not from (because of) covid.

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/12/31/fauci-about-those-pediatric-covid-hospitalizations-n438542

Omicron numbers in a nutshell: cases up 60%, hospitalizations up 14%, death rates down 7% (all based on 7-day daily averages).

The pandemic is losing power, and maybe transitioning to endemic status despite waning VE.  h-immunity, not a big topic as of late, not in the equation now?

Edited by codemonkey

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I'm 56...quite a ways past the pediatric cohort. If you recall, my question was if I should triple mask in the face of your stated upcoming Omicron wave in Thailand. 

On 12/30/2021 at 7:52 PM, mahtin said:

This announcement is premature.

They really should have polled some other vegetables first.

"Call any vegetable and the chances are good...

that the vegetable will respond to you"

Mothers of Invention, 1967.

On 1/1/2022 at 6:06 AM, Trip Hop said:

being vaccinated does not guarantee that you will not get infected

No, of course it offers no guarantees nor does vaccination prevent the spread of covid, especially against omicron variant. Have a look at the recent case rate charts, USA, FR, etc and check the massive spread of covid despite high vaccination rates and ongoing booster shot programs.

During clinical studies, both pfizer and moderna claimed VE (vaccine efficacy) in the 90% range, but in real world settings, (UK-HSA, detailed variant surveillance analyses) pfizer 2 dose vaccine effectiveness waned to 0% after 20 weeks, pfizer booster waned to 40% after 10 weeks, moderna held at about 70% 5-9 weeks after a booster. AstraZeneca (2 doses) recorded negative levels of protection after 20 weeks. (Technical briefing-booster Ve)

Vaccine Ve.jpg