What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

47 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Managed to find episode five of, "The Old Man" and have been disappointed with this and the previous one, in fact it's becoming such a drawnout talkfest that it no longer holds my attention, so I may give a miss to downloading the next two or three episodes.

IMO, Such a shame because it started off so well.

The first two episodes drew me in, but IMO it's all been downhill since then. Suffered it through until Ep.4 then gave it away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, giddyup said:

The first two episodes drew me in, but IMO it's all been downhill since then. Suffered it through until Ep.4 then gave it away.

The actress Amy Brenneman is what is giving me a headache. I never liked her vey much. She ruined Goliath for me also

42 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

one of the best treatments of it you're going to see anywhere.

Usually posters then put....... IMHO ......I have posted stuff on here I thought was great,

only to have the majority of people to disagree.......:coffee1:

• Haha 1

Supreme Team

RAR

Summary: A three-part limited docuseries that takes an in-depth look at the notorious Queens, New York gang, and tells the real story from the mouths of its two leaders and family members, Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff and Gerald "Prince'' Miller.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2022 at 5:44 PM, sanuk711 said:

My Life as a Rolling Stone..............Doco................8/7/ 2022--BBC2    4 parts--1 out now---2-3 out tomorrow--4  on the 16...Chaos/RARBG

A four-part documentary that tells the band's story through profiles of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts,

delving into their personalities, passions and their memories from the past 60 years.

Mick Jagger
Pt.1 - Sat 2 Jul 2022. 9.30 pm
The first part focuses on frontman Jagger, who talks about his life in the band, from his first performances at local teenage parties to creating a stage persona that has defined the rock 'n' roll lead singer. It features archives from his career, a rich soundtrack of classic Stones tracks and interviews with musicians including Tina Turner, Chrissie Hynde, Jon Bon Jovi, Lars Ulrich, Rod Stewart, Sheryl Crow, Slash and PP Arnold.

Keith Richards
Pt.2 - Sat 9 Jul 2022. 9.30 pm

Keith Richards talks exclusively about his 60-year career as the lead guitar player in The Rolling Stones. Richards' brilliance as a songwriter and performer, along with his defiant hedonism, has made him a cultural hero to millions and helped to shape the whole idea of what rock 'n' roll means. The film features a vivid archive of his extraordinary career, a soundtrack full of his classic riffs, and interviews with a stellar cast of musical idols.

Ronnie Wood
Pt.3 - Sat 9 Jul 2022. 10.00 pm

Ronnie Wood is a cultural icon, guitar hero, artist and the living embodiment of British-born rock 'n' roll vibrancy. He talks about his career as a Rolling Stone, with its exhilarating highs and sometimes dangerous lows. Through memorable archive footage, music and interviews with a stellar cast of musicians, the film reveals how he binds the band together through his musical virtuosity and his irresistible, upbeat personality.

Charlie Watts
Pt.4 - Sat 16 Jul 2022. 9.00 pm

Charlie Watts was the heartbeat of The Rolling Stones, and when he died in 2021, the band lost the man who had laid the foundation of songs loved by millions. A stellar cast describes his brilliance as a drummer and his influence on rock music. Through archive and a soundtrack of Stones tracks, the film explores the man who always had mixed feelings about the excess that came with life as a Rolling Stone..

On 7/11/2022 at 3:40 PM, delgarcon said:

I've just finished watching this series and I really enjoyed it, particularly Keith and Charlie's stories. Some great insights into what made the group tick and a few surprises along the way. Watch on the iPlayer.

On 7/11/2022 at 6:15 PM, KannikaP said:

My Life as a Rolling Stone on BBC. Just done Mick, and my appreciation of him increased. 1 down, a few more to go.

I've just finished this and I agree with the posters above that it was very good. I enjoyed all 4 episodes, but I found Charlie's story to be the most interesting. A must for all Stones fans IMHO.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

Trom--Crime    BBC4 .. 09 July 2022--6 episodes  Danish English Subs.....ChaosTV

This was shown in Denmark in Feb this year--BBC4 started running it 3 days ago with Subs

After receiving a mysterious message from a local activist, claiming she is his daughter and that her life is in danger, journalist Hannis Martinsson returns home to the Faroe Islands only to find her dead body surface amid a local whale hunt. His search for answers soon brings him into conflict with the local police and uncovers a web of secrets in the close-knit community. How far is he willing to go to learn the truth? 

Can not find a YouTube trailer---the IMDB trailer does not show subs

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi1870054169/?playlistId=tt11856246&ref_=tt_ov_vi

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Supreme Team---Showtime---10/7/22  Doco Crime---3 parts . .all out ...Rargb & everywhere

I liked this,  thought it deserved more then the IMDB 7.4

The Supreme Team was on top of the world: making money hand over fist as the crack epidemic swept the country. A three-part limited docuseries that takes an in-depth look at the notorious Queens, New York gang, and tells the real story from the mouths of its two leaders and family members, Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff and Gerald "Prince'' Miller.

• Haha 1

Snubbed! Kevin Costner's anti-woke drama series Yellowstone is shut out of Emmy Awards AGAIN while Selena Gomez, Jennifer Aniston and Juliette Lewis get ignored too as nominations are revealed--Yellowstone, which pulls in more than 10 million viewers, has been largely snubbed by the Emmys for years – and has been called anti-woke.

• Kevin Costner was left off the list completely; he is the top actor on the show and is an executive producer
  • Anti-woke series has largely been snubbed by the Emmys for years

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11006551/Emmy-nomination-SNUBS-2022-Yellowstone-ignored.html

Emmy Award nominations 2022: key categories--

"I have left out the actors nominations for lack of space".

Drama Series

Better Call Saul (AMC)

Euphoria  (HBO)

Ozark (Netflix)

Severance (Apple TV+)

Squid Game (Netflix)

Stranger Things (Netflix)

Succession (HBO)

Yellowjackets (Showtime)

Comedy Series

Abbott Elementary (ABC)

Barry (HBO)

Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO)

Hacks (HBO)

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Prime Video)

Only Murders in the Building (Hulu)

Ted Lasso (Apple TV+)

What We Do in the Shadows (FX)

Limited Series

Dopesick (Hulu)

The Dropout (Hulu)

Inventing Anna (Netflix)

Pam and Tommy (Hulu)

The White Lotus (HBO)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Snubbed! Kevin Costner's anti-woke drama series Yellowstone is shut out of Emmy Awards AGAIN while Selena Gomez, Jennifer Aniston and Juliette Lewis get ignored too as nominations are revealed--Yellowstone, which pulls in more than 10 million viewers, has been largely snubbed by the Emmys for years – and has been called anti-woke.

• Kevin Costner was left off the list completely; he is the top actor on the show and is an executive producer
  • Anti-woke series has largely been snubbed by the Emmys for years

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11006551/Emmy-nomination-SNUBS-2022-Yellowstone-ignored.html

Emmy Award nominations 2022: key categories--

"I have left out the actors nominations for lack of space".

Drama Series

Better Call Saul (AMC)

Euphoria  (HBO)

Ozark (Netflix)

Severance (Apple TV+)

Squid Game (Netflix)

Stranger Things (Netflix)

Succession (HBO)

Yellowjackets (Showtime)

Comedy Series

Abbott Elementary (ABC)

Barry (HBO)

Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO)

Hacks (HBO)

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Prime Video)

Only Murders in the Building (Hulu)

Ted Lasso (Apple TV+)

What We Do in the Shadows (FX)

Limited Series

Dopesick (Hulu)

The Dropout (Hulu)

Inventing Anna (Netflix)

Pam and Tommy (Hulu)

The White Lotus (HBO)

Don't fancy any of them????

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Senior Player said:

I just watched the latest Better Call Saulseason 6, episode 8and it's a 10 out of 10 from me.

You would think this has to takeout the awards wouldn't you......

6 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Trom--Crime    BBC4 .. 09 July 2022--6 episodes  Danish English Subs.....ChaosTV

This was shown in Denmark in Feb this year--BBC4 started running it 3 days ago with Subs

After receiving a mysterious message from a local activist, claiming she is his daughter and that her life is in danger, journalist Hannis Martinsson returns home to the Faroe Islands only to find her dead body surface amid a local whale hunt. His search for answers soon brings him into conflict with the local police and uncovers a web of secrets in the close-knit community. How far is he willing to go to learn the truth? 

Can not find a YouTube trailer---the IMDB trailer does not show subs

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi1870054169/?playlistId=tt11856246&ref_=tt_ov_vi

I watched it on iPlayer and enjoyed it.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

Phantom of the Open (2021)

From fmovies and other sources.

I'm not a golf fanatic but watched it because it's based on a true event. Almost gave up after only about 15 mins but stuck with it. Glad that I did and it's now in my 'Keep' folder.

Some events seem a little unbelievable but actually did happen according to some clips on youtube.

7 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

You would think this has to takeout the awards wouldn't you......

Wonder why the 2022 awards are held half way into the year and not near the years end.

I read or heard somewhere that BCS (or was it Ozark) can also be nominated for the awards next year in 2023.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Another 4 part series on D.B.Cooper...I haven't viewed it , so I dont know if it sheds any new light

Just watched all 4 parts. Found it very good and nothing like all the previous documentaries I've seen over the years. Some of the usual suspects were looked at again but one in particular seems to be a shoe-in for being Dan Cooper.

• Like 2