Poll: When a food delivery driver arrives with a very urgent need to defecate?

Jingthing

First Poll of 2022!  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How to react?

Do you let the driver use your toilet or not?

Pick the choice closest to your truth.

You can still vote if you don't get food deliveries. Just imagine that you do.

No doubt the decision could be complicated by Covid concerns 

Edited by Jingthing

I see them use the bushes by the side of the road for both number 1 and number 2.  Embarrassing for them probably, but then before you make that delivery, one should use the facilities that the restaurant or eatery has.

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

I see them use the bushes by the side of the road for both number 1 and number 2.  Embarrassing for them probably, but then before you make that delivery, one should use the facilities that the restaurant or eatery has.

I'm talking explosive diarrhea at your door! Just play along with the premise of the poll Kay?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm talking explosive diarrhea at your door! Just play along with the premise of the poll Kay?

Ah I see explosive kee, running down the legs, but alas I would say here is 100 baht go buy yourself some new shorts, the hose is over there by the dogs yard to clean your shart up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

We have an outside, squat toilet which is away from the house in the corner of our land. So they would be welcome to use that if they really were desperate and couldn't it in.

That's cheating. The obvious implication was asking if your would let the driver INSIDE to use an INSIDE toilet or not.

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ah I see explosive kee, running down the legs, but alas I would say here is 100 baht go buy yourself some new shorts, the hose is over there by the dogs yard to clean your shart up.

Again trying to dodge the obvious morality question. Imagine you have no outdoor hose KAY?

I have a few rhetorical questions.

Is the imaginary Grab or Panda rider a drop dead gorgeous girl of 22 with piercing eyes and a sultry smile,  wearing a spaghetti top and no bra beneath her jacket that she casually unzips as she makes the polite request to use the commode and commences to unbutton her ever so tight and brief jean shorts?

Or is the driver a smelly and dirty Somchai wearing a grubby jacket and gloves that haven't seen a washing machine for three years?

Either way, I'm sure I'd do the decent thing.  :coffee1:

• Haha 2

Just now, Gsxrnz said:

I have a few rhetorical questions.

Is the imaginary Grab or Panda rider a drop dead gorgeous girl of 22 with piercing eyes and a sultry smile,  wearing a spaghetti top and no bra beneath her jacket that she casually unzips as she makes the polite request to use the commode and commences to unbutton her ever so tight and brief jean shorts?

Or is the driver a smelly and dirty Somchai wearing a grubby jacket and gloves that haven't seen a washing machine for three years?

Either way, I'm sure I'd do the decent thing.  :coffee1:

You sound like a

Only if he/she is cute/pretty/hot

1 minute ago, Ohyesuare said:

I would charge 10 baht like the pay toilets. Nah, I'd say sorry, no hab. I appreciate the work the Grab drivers do but plenty of other toilets around, definitely not using mine.

There isn't always time. Surely every person knows that feeling.

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There isn't always time. Surely every person knows that feeling.

Yeah I personally do and I've had some close calls, loving spicy food like I do but having IBS and my stomach not so much liking it and call me jaded but I know plenty of Thais in the city I live who wouldn't/didn't give a krap (hah) or let me use their facilities if/when I was about to explode diarrhea everywhere. I also wouldn't complain if my food was late or cancelled for that reason and I knew why.

Edited by Ohyesuare

An obvious followup question is if you let the driver use your toilet, do you dig into your delivered food right away or more politely wait until after the driver has finished his bizness?

Complicated by if the toilet you have to offer is adjacent to your dining area.

Edited by Jingthing

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have admired your topics and many of your replies for some time now. But, with this thread, you are certainly entering into new areas of creativity!

Don't even know how to respond. Except to say I would likely welcome him in, and tell him to knock himself out! Why not? 

Thanks.

How would Larry David deal with it?

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You sound like a

Only if he/she is cute/pretty/hot

Nuh - only of the "she" category, and cute/pretty/hot just doesn't cut the mustard in literary imaginary  descriptiveness. 

Dogs are cute, babies can be pretty.  Hot is just a lazy modern word that Hemingway, D.H. Lawrence, or even Dickens would never use or even comprehend as an adjective to describe a woman's sensuality or even her sexuality.

But that's post-modernism for you.  Third rate architecture, unintelligible art, and a language that we use less and less of each year.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Thanks.

How would Larry David deal with it?

Not sure. I don't watch the show. But a man with a good sense of humor would have a good chuckle, and open his home to someone in that kind of need. Been there. Sometimes a bathroom feels like paradise. 

3 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

Nuh - only of the "she" category, and cute/pretty/hot just doesn't cut the mustard in literary imaginary  descriptiveness. 

Dogs are cute, babies can be pretty.  Hot is just a lazy modern word that Hemingway, D.H. Lawrence, or even Dickens would never use or even comprehend as an adjective to describe a woman's sensuality or even her sexuality.

But that's post-modernism for you.  Third rate architecture, unintelligible art, and a language that we use less and less of each year.

Way too precious for a poll.

50 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:
1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I would give them my spare set of bicycle clips.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1