Thailand reports 3,112 new COVID-19 cases, 12 deaths, 2,921 recoveries

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Tomorrow's numbers should be Interesting as it's a Monday and still a holiday.  One can only hope there is not a huge dump on Tuesday of case numbers if Tomorrow's numbers continue in line with the past 3 days.

Just spoke to a friend in Jomtien, he said anecdotaly ATK cases are through the roof and now even gyms are asking for an ATK test before they will let you in.

Infection numbers are meaningless with most infected people just isolating at home (hopefully).  Omicron is rampant here just like it is, or has been, everywhere else.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So you saw two farang not wearing masks properly.

The guy I quoted stated this....

"Most Farangs I see walk around with no mask, selfish pricks".

I live in Wong Amat, believe me, many, most Farangs are not wearing masks, why would I make it up ?

10 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

I live in Wong Amat, believe me, many, most Farangs are not wearing masks, why would I make it up ?

Pattaya folk are another breed.

In the main rejects and beat to their own drum. 

Not typical of Thailand expats.

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Pattaya folk are another breed.

In the main rejects and drum to their own beat. 

Not typical of Thailand.

What's that supposed to mean, these are mainly Tourists in Wong Amat, plenty of Thais too, but I noticed Most Thais wear Masks, and most Farangs don't.

3 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

What's that supposed to mean, these are mainly Tourists in Wong Amat, plenty of Thais too, but I noticed Most Thais wear Masks, and most Farangs don't.

Get out more. 

I live in Bangkok and walking in streets and shopping in malls etc I would hardly ever see a farang without a face mask. 

In any event all this is off topic.

Tired of baseless comments re farang not wearing mask.

Your right on one thing ....tourists from countries where masks wearing is flexible perhaps would break the rules here in Thailand.

Pattaya being typical example. 

I just looking the news in norway now.The health auhorities says that its a big chance that every citizens in norway will ge infeced by omicron.We cant stop it they say.The problem is that the 8% of people here whos not vaccinated fills up more then 50% av hospitals.So they urges people to get vaccinaed ASAP.We have more then enough of Phizer for people.I will get my booster 7h january.

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Tomorrow's numbers should be Interesting as it's a Monday and still a holiday.  One can only hope there is not a huge dump on Tuesday of case numbers if Tomorrow's numbers continue in line with the past 3 days.

Just spoke to a friend in Jomtien, he said anecdotaly ATK cases are through the roof and now even gyms are asking for an ATK test before they will let you in.

Ryan, testing is not being done, nobody wants to be locked up. So people self test. This is of the governments own making. This way they can present nice numbers.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Ryan, testing is not being done, nobody wants to be locked up. So people self test. This is of the governments own making. This way they can present nice numbers.

I do know that. My post was dripping with sarcasm. I believe Tuesday may see a huge dump of numbers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So you saw two farang not wearing masks properly.

The guy I quoted stated this....

"Most Farangs I see walk around with no mask, selfish pricks".

I read it as most of the people i see without masks are farangs. In my opinion that is the truth. But no most farang do wear a mask at least where i live. But of those without masks the majority are foreigners. and if you take into accounts that there are far less foreigners then Thais that makes look even worse.

But i state it again most foreigners i see wear masks.

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Exactly. If no symptoms or minor why not. However, Thailand believes it can control covid by hospital, hospitel or field hospital use.

Home isolation if they can would be better. This things gonna rip through the country sooner rather than later.  

Latest Update on our Friend.

The Hospital did indeed give them a Bed to share.

But it turned out to be only a temporary thing, as late on Sunday they, and many others were moved out of the Hospital, and placed in Gov,t Quarantine at a Hotel.

I am so glad that the Bed sharing was only very short term, and hope our Friend receives the best of care in all ways.

It is still very disturbing to think that the Hospital is so quickly running out of Beds and space for the Infected, but with 441 Cases reported on Sunday in Pattaya alone, I am not surprised.

Me thinks the Omicron Variant is starting to over run the Hospitals already, which is a dire situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

Latest Update on our Friend.

The Hospital did indeed give them a Bed to share.

But it turned out to be only a temporary thing, as late on Sunday they, and many others were moved out of the Hospital, and placed in Gov,t Quarantine at a Hotel.

I am so glad that the Bed sharing was only very short term, and hope our Friend receives the best of care in all ways.

It is still very disturbing to think that the Hospital is so quickly running out of Beds and space for the Infected, but with 441 Cases reported on Sunday in Pattaya alone, I am not surprised.

Me thinks the Omicron Variant is starting to over run the Hospitals already, which is a dire situation.

We stated this back when the Delta variant infection numbers started to go up quickly, and because they hospitalized all positives regardless of whether asymptomatic, or showing symptoms the hospitals were unnecessarily filled when many could have self isolated.  However, when folks share a small 25 sqm flat or a one bedroom locale like in Klong Toei or a construction camp there is no way to isolate.  Looks like the bubble and seal of communities like they have done will start up again I am afraid.  Field hospitals will be re-built and so on....sorry if this offends folks.  Just my view and the truthful words are what has happened and more than likely will occur again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

COVID-19: Thailand reports 2,927 new coronavirus cases, 18 deaths, 2,903 recoveries

COV3.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Monday (January 3) reported 2,927 new COVID-19 cases, 2,903 recoveries and 18 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1245290-covid-19-thailand-reports-2927-new-coronavirus-cases-18-deaths-2903-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin