Omicron set to delay reopening of bars and pubs

webfact

9 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I really dont think so many are waiting on a decision.

They have all heard so many decisions that they are sick of it.

Agreed. And those of us who follow AN, will also realise that "decisions" are all absolutely final and binding.....until they're not! ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VBF said:

Agreed. And those of us who follow AN, will also realise that "decisions" are all absolutely final and binding.....until they're not! ????

Most definitely this is why I have decided on waiting until at least 2023 .. 

People think I’m silly but time and time again my worst feelings have come right.. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Death threats aren't opinions. If you don't acknowledge that toxic political divisiveness as well as misinformation about vaccines is a huge problem in the U.S. that literally kills people, we have nothing to discuss. 

It will come down to the fact, that we both have different sources of information that we assume being truthful.  

5 minutes ago, NicholasTH said:

Most definitely this is why I have decided on waiting until at least 2023 .. 

People think I’m silly but time and time again my worst feelings have come right.. 

Unfortunately so have mine...never have I so wanted to be wrong but.....????

Edited by VBF

54 minutes ago, steven100 said:

while I understand where your coming from,   I told my Thai friends about this tonight,   and they went ballistic,  in fact the friendship has been soured because of this decision ....

Thai's see it this way ...

farang infected with Covid19 in condo on floor 7, room 722 ....

old lady or young thai boy in room 727 gets infected and dies.    But farang won't say nothing because of the hospital bill and 10 days quarantine.

In other words,    you are selfish and only think about yourself,  you don't care about anyone else in the building and the fact transmission is simple and other could die because of your arrogance.  

what is your opinion  ??

Thats the Thais most likely got infected somehow else

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VBF said:

Unfortunately so have mine...never have I so wanted to be wrong but.....????

There is no enjoyment in this whatsoever.

holidays are about having fun this isn’t fun whatsoever..

especially Thailand track record on an International level.. 

even I was looking at Phuket and you was looking at spending roughly 4,500.00 British Pounds = 202,394.45 Thai Baht

Now imagine how many people are doing this now .. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Many sources are total garbage so the equivalency you imply is nonexistent.

Many sources are indeed biased. It needs an intellectual inquisitive & curious mind to find the truth.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

It wasn't  spreading until they allowed the bars to open under the radar, and the pleasure  before saftey  seekers started showing up in Thailand  and neglecting  to follow protocol.   I still see these geniuses  walking around maskless.  Greed and pleasure  before saftey  of neighbors  and self!

What no ‘fire and brimstone’? ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Fully expected this to happen.  You can kiss away any entertainment to be sanctioned for opening until June, and that may be wishful thinking.  Thailand is now on a full-throttle downward dive into oblivion.

I got covid on New Years Eve after getting the Pfizer jabs last year.  Don't know what flavor because I self tested, not wanting to end up in a Gulag (or even a Stalag) by being officially tested by the local Commissars. 

Anyway, I've done the right thing and stayed home like a good little Comrade and done my best to prevent myself from initiating the destruction of mankind.

Now day 5 or 6, a runny nose, the odd sneeze, healthy appetite, and restful unbroken sleep.  If I had to rate it against my worst case of influenza in about 1995 that laid me up for a fortnight and I lost 15kg in weight, the covid I'm experiencing doesn't even rate as a mild Cold.  I'm actually disappointed.

Only conjecture but it sounds like it could have been delta.  You were vaccinated so very mild symptoms.  With Omicron they usually end 3 days after symptoms like clockwork.  That is, if you feel it at all.  

I know, it's gone from something to be fearful of to just going "oh shoot, I need to isolate now".  I don't fear it anymore.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Are the 5 million dead part of the scam? 

Not enough. The world is adding 75 or 80 million every year; we need to up our game.

William Burroughs was right, the most dangerous virus on earth is the human race.

(The above is tongue in cheek.)

But seriously, China delenda est. 

12 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Friend was over for beers yesterday afternoon and he said massage shops were being closed again from Today.

Anyone heard about this ?

Massage shops in Patong remained opened even in the darkest days of Covid. they were the only place open. Figure that one out.

Thai Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul has indicated that the reopening of pubs and bars, scheduled for January 16th, may have to be postponed indefinitely as, in several provinces, they are being blamed for outbreaks of COVID-19 infections during the long New Year holidays.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-health-minister-disagrees-with-plan-to-reopen-pubs-on-january-16/

I think if that goes through, the number of members in this forum will start dropping drastically very quickly....

Edited by tomazbodner

9 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Thai Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul has indicated that the reopening of pubs and bars, scheduled for January 16th, may have to be postponed indefinitely as, in several provinces, they are being blamed for outbreaks of COVID-19 infections during the long New Year holidays.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-health-minister-disagrees-with-plan-to-reopen-pubs-on-january-16/

I think if that goes through, the number of members in this forum will start dropping drastically very quickly....

Forget tourists, i think a lot of expats may start making plans to leave Thailand. If they haven't burned their bridges already that is.

Pattaya is beginning to look old and worn really quick.

That Treetown area will be next to be sold to a Sino Thai developer when the landlord realises that the tourism tap has been turned off again.

Then Phuket will go back to monsoon shuttered mode in a few months.

In the USA and Canada there are still way too many red neck, anti vaxxers and anti maskers, who

spout on about losing their freedom some how. There is no wonder why the USA has had the most deaths

and a lot more cases of COVID than they could have had. Same in Canada, I even have a few relatives who

are still refusing to get vaccinated, and who do not believe the news on TV, as they get their trusted stories from 

some computer site.  Omicron may not be the same killer virus as Delta is, but there are still a lot of people

ending up in hospitals, including a lot of young children. I have seen news stories of medical staff getting

sick and a lot of hospitals are so understaffed that the military is stepping in to help out.  Sad situation.

I am not surprised to see delays on the re opening of bars and entertainment places. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Like I said, toxically divisive. Americans know which side you are on. In a pandemic we should all be on the SAME SIDE. So many Americans have needlessly died because of the toxic politics represented above.  

ALM … So falls the Demonicrats