Dozens of Thais/foreigners positive for drug taking in raid on Huay Khwang restaurant

webfact

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

See only thais on that photo.

I can't tell what nationality anyone there is just by looking.They are probably Asian but other than that how is it possible to know they aren't Cambodian or Laotian for example?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chang50 said:

I can't tell what nationality anyone there is just by looking.They are probably Asian but other than that how is it possible to know they aren't Cambodian or Laotian for example?

Because Cambodian and Laotians wouldn't be hanging out in a location like that unless they were cooking food and cleaning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Come on aseannow. Why can't the headline be 'Dozens of people arrested?' Instead of Thais and foreigners? You're encouraging xenophobia and it doesn't need much encouragement.????

Thaivisa re-publishes aggregated news from other sources and cannot alter those articles and the original report in Thai, essentially, says the same thing in its title.  Zenophobia doesn't come into it as far as Thaivisa is concerned.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

For some unfathomable reason, on a forum read mostly by foreigners, that has become the norm in recent months. I suspect it is one person in the office who does this, and it needs stamping on. Maybe by employing an objective and unbiased headline writer in his/her place.

Thaivisa didn't write the article or the headline!

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thaivisa re-publishes aggregated news from other sources and cannot alter those articles and the original report in Thai, essentially, says the same thing in its title.  Zenophobia doesn't come into it as far as Thaivisa is concerned.

I understand. Of course the Thai media reports articles differentiating the races. This is what they do. The Health Minister is a good example of xenophobia here.   But your last sentence doesn't alter the fact that those sort of headlines fuel xenophobia.. 

Edited by Gandtee
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

I understand. Of course the Thai media reports articles differentiating the races. This is what they do. The Health Minister is a good example of xenophobia here.   But your last sentence doesn't alter the fact that those sort of headlines fuel xenophobia.. 

Bang off an irate letter to "INN", then, give them a piece of your mind even though the first reference to nationality in the headline is "Thais", not foreigners, there's no suggestion of xenophobia there!

On 1/4/2022 at 2:38 PM, chang50 said:

That’s why these “journalists” can get away with it, but we know its just local thais.