Phuket hotels desperate as "insured" foreign tourists with Covid denied coverage, refuse to go to hospital - "Hospitel" shortage admitted

webfact

4 minutes ago, poohy said:

You sound so cross are  the tablets not working again????

This is me being happy. If I was cross I would tell them to swim home, but they would probably sink with them rocks they have for brains????

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, samtam said:

Also, can anybody please tell me why an arrival who tests positive goes into hospital for 10 days, whilst his spouse (who tested negative, but was sitting next to him), has to quarantine in an hotel for 14 days? Does the USD50k per person cover both the hospital stay, and the 14 day quarantine at a SHA+ hotel?

And can somebody please tell me why Kh Thanatorn can be in "isolation" when others have to go to hospital, or to a SHA+ hotel....and my friends mentioned above are rich Thais too.

Leader of #Thailand's Progressive Movement (former leader of now-dissolved Future Forward Party) Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit tests positive for #COVID19 upon returning from abroad yesterday. He posted on social media that he is now in isolation and currently asymptomatic.

As well as this, the one in hospital since 30 December, is clear of Covid, (after 3 days), but has to remain in hospital for the full 10 days, until 8 January.

Edited by samtam
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm confused. A lot of the policies I see - and would use if I could get there - would be one covering asymptomatic cases as well as the 50,000 USD coverage. Is this not a case of people buying unsuitable insurance to get in  rather than one covering what they need to cover asymptomatic issues ? 

From the AQ groups on FB, people are securing Thai pass with $50 Mickey Mouse policy instead of cover that is suitable. The hospitals then gouge 200-500k for treatment.

The systems allows these policy because they state covid cover 50k USD when in fact they not worth the printed paper and people still buy then as they are cheap.

No insurance company anywhere in the World is going to pay for someone who is not sick to be in a hospital.  These covid-positive people with no symptoms need to be quarantined at their hotels or at non-hospital government facilities.  

• Like 1

A picture is worth 1000 words:

external-content.duckduckgo_com.gif.3da26b65cf1f364546975f719f520d16.gif

Wait for the government to forcefully incarcerate the first foreigner who is fully covered for Covid with an 'accepted' policy after which the insurance refuses to pay, the hospital hands the foreigner a hefty hospital bill, the the government holds the foreigner hostage until they pay.

I think I'd start thinking that the 'worst case scenario' for tourist arrivals in 2022 is looking more like 2 to 5 million (or less) depending on the direction of the wind, new "variants", bureaucratic flip-flops, utter confusion between ministerial offices, and insurance companies refusing to honor policies.

Happy New Year!!!  <sound of Whoopie Cushion>

• Haha 1

I think everybody should have to know: an insurance only covers when YOU ARE SICK

In case you really don't have to be in Thailand: stay home, you know the risk travelling under this conditions. How many topics are already on every blog? ..... MANY.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, newnative said:

No insurance company anywhere in the World is going to pay for someone who is not sick to be in a hospital.  These covid-positive people with no symptoms need to be quarantined at their hotels or at non-hospital government facilities.  

Everyone who has an financial stake in Big Pharma wants the asymptomatic Covid positive narrative pushed to "11" on the volume dial.

Then - comes the insurance companies who are collectively holding the bag on liability.  Take a guess at what will eventually break the narrative that people without symptoms are "sick" - Insurance companies who will refuse to pay policies unless a Covid positive 'case' is symptomatic and actually sick.

This should be entertaining.

World_Burn_Popcorn.png.bfa606ec5414cd22efeab6f72c30eaea.png

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Big Bert said:

From the AQ groups on FB, people are securing Thai pass with $50 Mickey Mouse policy instead of cover that is suitable. The hospitals then gouge 200-500k for treatment.

The systems allows these policy because they state covid cover 50k USD when in fact they not worth the printed paper and people still buy then as they are cheap.

Sounds like those using an agent for the process as well.  Then Agents have also assisted those who can not meet requirements to obtain their extensions of stay as well for a fee.  Time to draw the line.....

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, easydoor said:

I think everybody should have to know: an insurance only covers when YOU ARE SICK

In case you really don't have to be in Thailand: stay home, you know the risk travelling under this conditions. How many topics are already on every blog? ..... MANY.

you can insure for events other than being sick

• Like 1