Phuket hotels desperate as "insured" foreign tourists with Covid denied coverage, refuse to go to hospital - "Hospitel" shortage admitted

webfact

As I wrote before.. If you are sick you go to the hospital and not sick don't need to go... But Thailand and the TAT have to find quarantine locations/hotels for the Green cases, so that the infected people can go in that area instead of non sick in a hospital bed... Again I know it is not comparing for an transmittable disease, but with a cut finger  I don't go to he hospital too/.

Or close the borders again...than maybe easier to handle

Edited by ikke1959
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, smedly said:

and that is the problem right there, health insurance covers people who are sick not people who are forced into an expensive stay in hospital that is not required - I can see the why insurance companies are refusing to pay, if local authorities and government want to force these non sick people into hospital or a dedicated quarantine facility then they should be paying for it or should have provided insurance that covered this - simple 

This has been going on for months and is clearly a money grab 

Correct!. Medically necessary is the policy wording. If not medically necessary then no, the insurer will not pay. The AXA policy does cover green cases but only medical treatment, hospital stay but not sure of a Hospitel stay. With that said, anyone holding the AXA policy may beg to be sent to the hospital and not hospitel. 

So the persons approving Thai Pass applications as well as the folks reviewing documents upon landing have no clue as to what they are looking at or looking for. 

The government wants to charge an entrance fee of what, 500, 600 baht. Why not also sell the insurance policy that covers green cases and all associated costs. Buy online within the Thai Pass or whatever process. There's the money maker.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

And again: The rules to enter Thailand are clear. Tested positive, evcen asymptomatic = hospital.

Also clear: most insurances do not pay for a non-treatment at a hospital.

Everybody's planing to come to Thailand should be aware of that.

And not come.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

if they start putting NON sick people in hospitals just cause they test positive ( so that the insurance Has to pay put)  means when someone really needs be put in the hospital  there will be no room
thats F#@ked

Start? 

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes, he has kind of missed the boat on past practice here hasn't he..  

Another one just announced..................

Separated by COVID: Family holiday for New Year comes undone after son, 17, tests positive in Phuket

PHUKET: A family holiday to Phuket has left a 17-year-old trapped in a hotel room for five days waiting for confirmation on whether or not he is a ‘Green’ COVID patient and allowed to move to a room next door to his father and brother at a ‘quarantine hotel’, or whether he will be admitted into the local hospital system for treatment.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/separated-by-covid-family-holiday-for-new-year-comes-undone-after-son-17-tests-positive-in-phuket-82597.php

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Bottom line, tourists shouldn't come at all until this mess is over which still could be years.

Returning expats, family reunification, those are the only rational reasons to come now.

If I did not absolutely have to make this trip to the US to settle estate business and such I would be staying and not leaving next week with a return in February.

Hopefully I do not get stuck outside and can return, even if I have to quarantine here.  At least the US is not forcing me to isolate and quarantine upon arrival.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm confused. A lot of the policies I see - and would use if I could get there - would be one covering asymptomatic cases as well as the 50,000 USD coverage. Is this not a case of people buying unsuitable insurance to get in  rather than one covering what they need to cover asymptomatic issues ? 

I bought axa last year and Tune this year.Both say coverage from immigration at airport onwards and with no symptoms,I checked.Luckily I never had to find out.

Also I was sat next to my Mrs in the plane,she tested positive at hotel and me negative but they said I could go because we were staying in seperate hotel rooms luckily.my idea

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They are putting the whole Sandbox program at risk with their entitled attitudes. No doubt the rhetoric is `in my country` well wake up this isn`t your country. If everyone has this attitude of squatters the program risks being shelved. Take them back to the airport and get rid of them, they won`t be missed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jim P said:

They are putting the whole Sandbox program at risk with their entitled attitudes. No doubt the rhetoric is `in my country` well wake up this isn`t your country. If everyone has this attitude of squatters the program risks being shelved. Take them back to the airport and get rid of them, they won`t be missed.

It is just not foreigners I am afraid.  Complacency and the belief that this government has defeated the Covid is rife amongst the public.

• Like 1