Thailand’s health minister disagrees with plan to reopen pubs on January 16

snoop1130

1 hour ago, nightfox said:

They are referring to enclosed bars, discos, karaoke, go go bars, night clubs. 

Once again!  They are opened alrrady, or do you consider  Stones House, Ibar, a couple on soi 6 open bars?  Bars are operating !  Girls and Monger are spreading it.  Greed and pleasure  first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Many things open in Pattaya.  Just test and go get drunk and meet girls..

IMG-20220104-WA0016.jpeg

IMG-20220104-WA0018.jpeg

And spread the vid.  Its proven that the incubation period of Omicron is hard to detect therefore Antigen  test continues  to read negative  when ones positive.  So, ok test go, drink, meet ladies and spread the virus.  This is exactly  whats been happening 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

And spread the vid.  Its proven that the incubation period of Omicron is hard to detect therefore Antigen  test continues  to read negative  when ones positive.  So, ok test go, drink, meet ladies and spread the virus.  This is exactly  whats been happening 

It's not proven at all! It's easy to detect its presence but not It's differential identification  from Delta

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

after being closed for a long time, and had allowed them to reopen by converting into eateries during the festive season.

He said that some of them were, however, not responsible enough and had defied the COVID-19 free setting measures, resulting in the spread of COVID-19 infections. He also blamed their customers for not strictly complying with the preventive measures.

And there's part of the reason for the spread.

However I do feel sympathy for them when you watch daily all the foody streets and markets open & crowded as normal.

• Like 2

Of course. Destruction and sabotage are his M.O. He cares not one iota about the well being of the masses, nor their plight, nor the tourism industry. And the plunging economy, bankruptcies and suicide seem to mean little to him, and these aspects do not seem to be a factor for this super creep. 

Fear of the impending Zombie Apocalypse. Fear, fear and more fear from a total coward. 

• Like 2

After watching a lot of videos from the New Years Parties wise move to shut down the bars .. because nobody was actually following the rules even I feel bad for hospital staff because theirs a storm coming there way ..

Edited by NicholasTH

Reopening of pubs and bars, scheduled for January 16th, may have to be postponed indefinitely.

Actually no, it is not indefinitely. Bars and nightlife and major part of tourism in Thailand will be postponed until this government leaves, which will have a definite date but we don’t know it yet.

26 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

I don’t get the obsession or desperation for opening bars. You don’t need bars to drink, socialize or be entertained. As far as the business side of things go there is no guarantees in any business. Stop sobbing and move on. Be positive. 

You seem to be from the “do as you are told, don’t question authorities” crowd. Thank you for your opinion.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

I suggest you read the tweet below from Dr. Michael Mina, a well respected epidemiologist in the states, as to why not only LFTs but also PCR will struggle to detect Omicron during the early days after infection?

If you also take the trouble to read a lot more of the information he has made public, you will learn that accurate LFTs are far more useful than PCR in detecting exactly who is infectious and actually a risk to society operating as normally as possible?

He is also a strong advocate of keeping anyone infected with Covid as far away as possible from a hospital environment unless it is absolutely necessary for their recovery. 

https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/status/1475986403611889665?s=21

I agree with you.  People should be separated if they have Covid not let lose to hit the bars and fornicate like whats happening,  and yes I already knew that the test are flawed and not accurate  especially with the Omicron.   My point exactly!  Thailand wasn't  ready to open nor safe enough world conditions.   All that will happen now is another lockdown.  Same as the last previous  times.  Open to fast for greed and pleasure  and have to stop it all again.

Thailand has survived 2 years is it possible it could be the new normal allowing some businesses to open then to blame them is easy.

I stay in the canaries all bars and resturants open there are cases but most agree its community spread with in family gatherings and in Thailand it will be factories and markets.

They want tourism shut till the Chinese can travel imo