Pattaya mayor says no plans for lockdowns, widespread business or beach closures as city deals with rising Covid-19 cases

webfact

271213908_4966284746725753_4824383521064623791_n-768x432.jpg

PHOTO: Sophon Cable (STV)

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – The Pattaya City Mayor stated today, January 4th, 2022, that widespread business or public area closures will not be part of the plan to deal with many confirmed Covid -19 cases in the Banglamung area, many of which seem to be the fast-spreading Omicron variant.

Mayor Sontaya Kunplome told TPN media, “There are many more confirmed Covid -19 cases, mostly the Omicron variant based on random testing so far, found in the Pattaya and Banglamung area. However, I am confident there will be no lockdown or overall closure of the city BUT closure will be ordered for individual businesses, not entire sectors, that do not follow our compulsory Covid -19 measurements.”

“Every staff member, including singers and performers, at restaurants that sell alcohol must take an ATK (rapid antigen Covid-19) test every day they work until further notice. Business operators must provide an ATK test for their customers or customers must show proof of an ATK test within 72 hours, regardless of their vaccination status. We have implemented free courtesy testing checkpoints around the city to make this easier.” The mayor explained, referring to the controversial tougher measurements.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/04/pattaya-mayor-says-no-plans-for-lockdowns-widespread-business-or-beach-closures-as-city-deals-with-rising-covid-19-cases/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Mayor Sontaya Kunplome told TPN media, “There are many more confirmed Covid -19 cases, mostly the Omicron variant based on random testing so far, found in the Pattaya and Banglamung area. However, I am confident there will be no lockdown or overall closure of the city BUT closure will be ordered for individual businesses, not entire sectors, that do not follow our compulsory Covid -19 measurements.”

Seems those famous areas have spread more than just the good times.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the final decision is not the mayor's to make.

I won't be doing the official checks at the checkpoints they've set up, I'm just out of hospital (not hospitel) and apparently could test positive for a few weeks.  NOT being dragged back, wasn't a nice place to spend time in.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Ahh !

The pre flight PCR test before the flight back home.

It would be my guess that most of the Tourists have not even considered this prior to their Thailand jaunt over Christmas and New Year.

For many it will be Squeaky Bum time, and for some its going to be an expensive extended Holiday.

That’s me. I have a preflight RT-PCR test tomorrow. I have tried to isolate, and had a negative ATK last week, but anything is possible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

Unfortunately, the final decision is not the mayor's to make.

I won't be doing the official checks at the checkpoints they've set up, I'm just out of hospital (not hospitel) and apparently could test positive for a few weeks.  NOT being dragged back, wasn't a nice place to spend time in.

Didn't they give you some sort of get out of jail free card?  

You know, like when you get nicked for not wearing a helmet and pay the official fine, they give you a receipt that exonerates you from guilt for the same offence for seven days.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

Didn't they give you some sort of get out of jail free card?  

You know, like when you get nicked for not wearing a helmet and pay the official fine, they give you a receipt that exonerates you from guilt for the same offence for seven days.

Nope.

3 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

Nope.

Can you expand on the situation you found yourself in, how you wound up in hospital and the conditions/rules etc?   I'm sure many of us would appreciate more information.