Fifth wave of COVID-19 already sweeping through Thailand – Medical Services chief

webfact

With the big numbers of cases in the USA, and in Canada, I think that more restrictions will

happen to keep the hospitals from being over run. Omicron is indeed very contagious, and

so many more people in all types of businesses are getting sick. It is affecting the Police, Fire and Health workers

as well, and this will affect the whole country. I think the numbers in Thailand will spike shortly as well, so

do not be surprised if restrictions get extended. Enjoy the hot weather and your vacations or escapes from

the cold weather of Winter.  It will take more time to see just how many people get sick from this variant of COVID 19.

Welcome to the new wave, what ever number it is. 

3 minutes ago, G Rex said:

Love it!

I understand there may be a risk - but we have risks with everything we do

on a selfish perspective - I did not retire , to spend my life (what’s left of it) in lockdown or in hiding - I want to live and enjoy ????- but if I die - meh ????.  So be it.

A lot of people are thinking with their dick rather than with their head nowadays.. omg stupid indeed stupid..

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gandtee said:

Sweeping through Thailand? Another attention grabbing headline to continue the media hype to create panic.. The public's brains are saturated with repetitive covid hyperbole. 

Macron vows to '<deleted> off' vaccine holdouts as COVID cases go 'stratospheric' in Paris

As  Omicron spreads across Europe, statistics find one in 10 Londoners had COVID after Christmas, while the French President lashes out as his country faces its own record rise in cases. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-06/europe-coronavirus-england-france-united-kingdom-omicron/100741110

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

NEW YORK, Dec 3 (Reuters) - The Omicron variant of the virus that causes COVID-19 likely acquired at least one of its mutations by picking up a snippet of genetic material from another virus - possibly one that causes the common cold - present in the same infected cells, according to researchers.

This genetic sequence does not appear in any earlier versions of the coronavirus, called SARS-CoV-2, but is ubiquitous in many other viruses including those that cause the common cold, and also in the human genome, researchers said.

Mainstream media went ballistic with "mild' and "cold-like", which the original paper never mentioned, the words don't even appear in the text.  original paper

The 'snippet of genetic material' is only 3 letters long, EPE, which is found 750+ times in the human genome itself, so it could also have come from human mRNA, which the authors mention.

So the paper was not about 'cold like', it was about possible mutational mechanisms.  The authors do mention two concerns. "resistance to existing vaccines, and whether Omicron-like variants that evolve in the future may have heightened virulence".

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phulublub said:

but there is capacity to treat those who need hospitalisation, both for this and for the normal every day reasons.  Why is this so difficult for some to understand????

And for the last 2 years how many goverments around the world have actually addressed THIS problem by increasing capabilities? 

5 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

And for the last 2 years how many goverments around the world have actually addressed THIS problem by increasing capabilities? 

None, in all probability...though it does take rather longer then that to train nurses and doctors. 

But just because your Government is monumentally stupid does not mean that you have to follow suit.

PH

24 minutes ago, NicholasTH said:

A lot of people are thinking with their dick rather than with their head nowadays.. omg stupid indeed stupid..

<deleted>.     I am married - monogamous - am not chasing pussy (or a*s) 

I want to experience life.   Not hiding in a cave.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, webfact said:

body temperature scanners installed in most offices and public venues not catching asymptomatic cases

What a deeply scientifically proven statement. And they figured that one out just now??

2 hours ago, NicholasTH said:

A lot of over 50s in the UK and also making other people sick too ..

Omicron Infections in UK started with the young and are working their way up the age scale at present. But with 200,000 cases a day it is putting huge pressures on NHS and the nation workforce. The government are gambling on the death rates staying low enough not to upset the public. and keeping vaccine levels high.

Thailand is trying to keep  lid on it my restrictions, they don't have high enough vaccine figures yet.

Edited by Thunglom
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RandiRona said:

5th? I thought it was 3rd...when did we miss 3rd and 4th?

The Government considered not in the public interest to announce them! It would also be seen by the rest of the world that Thailand had 'lost face'!

By adopting this policy the Thai people have great confidence in their government! How could they admit that the Omicron strain of Covid-19 that is rampaging throughout the rest of the world would do so in Thailand -- this would appear that the Government had lost control!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chiang Mai Will said:

The Government considered not in the public interest to announce them! It would also be seen by the rest of the world that Thailand had 'lost face'!

By adopting this policy the Thai people have great confidence in their government! How could they admit that the Omicron strain of Covid-19 that is rampaging throughout the rest of the world would do so in Thailand -- this would appear that the Government had lost control!

Seems like the medical care professionals are fed up of this government and through you know the public need to know the truth under theses circumstances and problems..

13 hours ago, NicholasTH said:

I was expecting this.. due to my unique way of seeing things .. ????‍♂️

This all adds up when you’re travelling.. 

F9DA8F05-E0D8-4050-9A43-6727D9F3E6BC.jpeg

The more the Variants the more the Gov is losing control of this joke 555555555555555555555

49 minutes ago, Chiang Mai Will said:

You missed this deadly one just after the “Piles Variant”

BFC63DC7-F78C-4EC1-A20B-DA333C2BA765.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thunglom said:

Omicron  ... with 200,000 cases a day it is putting huge pressures on NHS ...

True but how much of that is owing to staff being sent home to isolate? This is another way in which Omicron is different from previous waves: it makes a mockery of quarantine policies.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JackGats said:

True but how much of that is owing to staff being sent home to isolate? This is another way in which Omicron is different from previous waves: it makes a mockery of quarantine policies.

Good help you if you need to go to immigration on top of all this.

6 hours ago, Phulublub said:

OK?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-59888417

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-multiple-hospitals-declare-critical-incidents-as-nurses-call-for-more-restrictions-without-delay-12508585

among many,many others.  It is not so much that ominvirus is fatal, it is the sheer numbers.  0.1% of a huge number is still a very large number - and when many hospital staff have to take time off because they are unfit to work (though not so ill they themselves need hospitalisation) then thge hospitals can become overwhelmed....then what do you do if you fall and break a leg?

PH

It’s flu season here right now. Our hospitals are always overwhelmed at this time of year due to an unfit population and 11 years of politically motivated austerity implemented by the Tories.  Nothing new.

Edited by thisisrascal

6 hours ago, stephenterry said:

NEW YORK, Dec 3 (Reuters) - The Omicron variant of the virus that causes COVID-19 likely acquired at least one of its mutations by picking up a snippet of genetic material from another virus - possibly one that causes the common cold - present in the same infected cells, according to researchers.

This genetic sequence does not appear in any earlier versions of the coronavirus, called SARS-CoV-2, but is ubiquitous in many other viruses including those that cause the common cold, and also in the human genome, researchers said.

The virus variant is still SARS-Cov2 and not one of the Hcov family.

• Like 1