Norwegian man in Thailand guilty of swindling the Norwegian state for Covid compensation

webfact

How is it even a news to residents of Thailand. That has nothing to do with  the Kingdom. the fact that he guy is holidaying in a country or even living here does not justified it to be mentioned.

Don't we already have enough to "advertise" here ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, alyx said:

How is it even a news to residents of Thailand. That has nothing to do with  the Kingdom. the fact that he guy is holidaying in a country or even living here does not justified it to be mentioned.

Don't we already have enough to "advertise" here ?

ScandAsia articles seem to be a daily presence now in AN.

Maybe they could create a "scandinavian news" subforum?

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

I find it important to see that someone residing in Thailand still faces the law from his home country for scamming. Shows that some countries actually do go after those abroad too.

Definitely not an isolated case.

Jails (and the country)  are full of swindlers or people found guilty of other crimes  abroad whose country has condemned by absentia and is even willing to extradite  them (High profile cases from France, Spain ....)

Hence my comment as to consider that not to be a news

2 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

ScandAsia articles seem to be a daily presence now in AN.

Maybe they could create a "scandinavian news" subforum?

That would make sense in that case. But I think they already have dedicated forums

1 minute ago, alyx said:

Definitely not an isolated case.

Jails (and the country)  are full of swindlers or people found guilty of other crimes  abroad whose country has condemned by absentia and is even willing to extradite  them (High profile cases from France, Spain ....)

Hence my comment as to consider that not to be a news

I disagree but lets agree to disagree. Maybe you just dont like scandinavian news. I read it from all countries.

15 minutes ago, robblok said:

I disagree but lets agree to disagree. Maybe you just dont like scandinavian news. I read it from all countries.

I have no dislike for Scandinavian or any other area’s news. I am merely pointing out the fact that it is irrelevant to Thailand 

7 minutes ago, alyx said:

I have no dislike for Scandinavian or any other area’s news. I am merely pointing out the fact that it is irrelevant to Thailand 

The scammer lives (maybe deported now) Did his scamming from Thailand. How is that not Thai related ?

3 minutes ago, alyx said:

You are speculating …

Im not speculating read the article. Maybe before you comment it pays to read the full article. My only speculation is the deportation. 

The man had no sort of relation to the addresses of the parking areas that he had listed. Instead, he had instructed the postal service to forward all mail for the bogus company to his real address in Thailand from where the scams were orchestrated.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Im not speculating read the article. Maybe before you comment it pays to read the full article. My only speculation is the deportation. 

The man had no sort of relation to the addresses of the parking areas that he had listed. Instead, he had instructed the postal service to forward all mail for the bogus company to his real address in Thailand from where the scams were orchestrated.

Hence you are speculating 

As mentioned above , plenty of people doing that and being caught or not

The guy’s arrest by the local authorities has not been announced 

so, until then …not related to Thailand 

And this is a non constructive exchange 

Have a great day 

4 minutes ago, alyx said:

Hence you are speculating 

As mentioned above , plenty of people doing that and being caught or not

The guy’s arrest by the local authorities has not been announced 

so, until then …not related to Thailand 

And this is a non constructive exchange 

Have a great day 

Have a great day too lets agree to disagree.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I find it important to see that someone residing in Thailand still faces the law from his home country for scamming. Shows that some countries actually do go after those abroad too.

Does that mean you'll learn from his mistakes and be more careful with your plans??