Booster shot Bangkok

Whale

I have searched but can't find anything. How or where do I apply for a booster in Bangkok please? I have had 2 aztra at medpark and last one was over 3 months ago. Do I ask medpark?

Thank you!!!

Edited by Whale
  • Like 1

I had the Moderna Booster at MedPark a few weeks ago - my Brother in Law booked it about 3months before that. 

Bangkok Hospital did have Moderna for sale - Purchase a Coupon B1650 I think and then receive the vaccine 3 days later - Coupons can be purchased directly at the hospital (a better option IMO), coupons can also be purchased on Shopee (personally I’d want to go to the hospital and confirm they have the vaccine to administer before purchasing a coupon on Shopee)

https://shopee.co.th/-E-Coupon-Bangkok-Hospital-วัคซีนทางเลือกโมเดอร์นา-(Moderna)-ล็อต-2-i.250344218.12007267023?sp_atk=85e765f2-df1f-4b62-923b-687bef7c86fd 

Its probably best to call around the hospitals: 

MedPark, Bumrungrad, Samitivej, Bangkok Hospital, Piyavate etc.... and ask them directly as the vaccine availability is a frequently changing landscape. 

• Thanks 1

I literally just came back from getting my third dose, I just showed up gave them my passport and vaccine cert. in and out in less than 10 minutes. didn't even have to sit there for 30 min. waiting to see if i dropped dead.  This is one of the many benefits of living Rural.

Hi, does anyone know if being above the age of 60 is considered by Thai Ministry of Health to be in the "risk group?" as the Jan 4  BKKpost article

titled: "Govt urges uptake of booster shots as Omicron cases rise"

states: "A fourth dose will be given to medical personnel, frontline workers and risk groups three months after their third shots," 

Due to Thai gov policy and my having already 2 sinovac doses and the moronic US "no strings attached" pfizer donation blocked me from receiving 2 pfizer doses my taxes paid for. I eventually finagled a single pfizer dose from Medpark staff, but that was over 4 months ago. Then a month+ ago Thai policy blocked me from the AZ booster (They view all shots/vaccines as being equal and the limit at that time was 3). For those that don't know Sinovac produces 1/10 the antibodies of Pfizer. I was feeling ok with the single pfizer, but then Omicron kicked in.

• Haha 2

Like Whale I also had 2 X AZ at MedPark. My 2nd shot was at end of Oct 21, so I guess I'll be due for the booster around end Feb/early March. So I'll be interested in what you find out Whale. Please keep us posted here.

24 minutes ago, thaitom said:

I literally just came back from getting my third dose, I just showed up gave them my passport and vaccine cert. in and out in less than 10 minutes. didn't even have to sit there for 30 min. waiting to see if i dropped dead.  This is one of the many benefits of living Rural.

It might help others if you state where.... 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lowp said:

Hi, does anyone know if being above the age of 60 is considered by Thai Ministry of Health to be in the "risk group?" as the Jan 4  BKKpost article

titled: "Govt urges uptake of booster shots as Omicron cases rise"

states: "A fourth dose will be given to medical personnel, frontline workers and risk groups three months after their third shots," 

Due to Thai gov policy and my having already 2 sinovac doses and the moronic US "no strings attached" pfizer donation blocked me from receiving 2 pfizer doses my taxes paid for. I eventually finagled a single pfizer dose from Medpark staff, but that was over 4 months ago. Then a month+ ago Thai policy blocked me from the AZ booster (They view all shots/vaccines as being equal and the limit at that time was 3). For those that don't know Sinovac produces 1/10 the antibodies of Pfizer. I was feeling ok with the single pfizer, but then Omicron kicked in.

You can have the booster at any age or risk group (or non-risk group) if going privately.

7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Pent up demand from holidays and omicron surge.

What can you do?

Keep trying.

I made it through QueQ yesterday for Din Daeng. Wide open through 31 Jan.

My wife tried the qq system yesterday for me but it seemed to require a minimum of 3 peoples ID card nos. Is there some way around this? Thanks.

i walked into bumrungrad last week.  they didn't have anything, despite some reports on here about people getting them as walk ins.  i signed up via their website for a moderna shot, cost 1,650thb.  supposedly available late january or february.  you can sign up via their website but i had trouble figuring it out.  i had my laptop with me and the lady at the desk got me to the appropriate page.  i had two pfizer in USA, last one was May 2021.

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

QueQ???

Isn't that a restaurant booking app?

Seems to do everything except slice bread?

1 hour ago, RupertIII said:

My wife tried the qq system yesterday for me but it seemed to require a minimum of 3 peoples ID card nos. Is there some way around this?

Try a different wife location?

queqtop.jpg

bmadindaeng.jpg

I had two AZ in India 8 months back. Have tried various hospitals walk in, including on the QueQ app, there are simply no slots available. India is giving almost 10 million shots a DAY and here with 65 million total or 1/20th of India's population they can't find enough shots. 

3 hours ago, thaitom said:

Same for me. The village grapevine said the little local hospital was jabbing, my wife called to confirm they were doing it today, we rolled up, no waiting - didn't even have time to sit quietly for long enough before doing the blood pressure test. Had Pfizer to follow up the Sinovac and AZ we'd had before, received the paper print out and they sorted out a problem I'd had not being able to register on the app. All very efficient. How often do we say that about anything Thai. They also had free test kits available. Rural, once the government finally got its act together, is good.

Just wondering about how much they really know about what is needed, though. First, there needed to be six months before a booster and then there didn't - reduced to three. Before, needed to sit for 30 minutes after the jab, and today it was 10.

THG offers Moderna (you had to purchase it months ago) but as a lot of people got their vaccine somewhere else most of us have some vaccine shots "over". They do E-Vouchers which you can give to other people so they can redeem this voucher and book a vaccine appointment (I went there today all was well organised)

There are Facebook Pages/Groups where people exchange these as many only need a booster (one shot) but had to pay for 2 shots upfront. If you interested to find out more just PM me. 

It's in my opinion quite easy to get a booster shot at the moment if you are willing to pay it (2xxx THB). 

Edited by burner2014

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I had the Moderna Booster at MedPark a few weeks ago - my Brother in Law booked it about 3months before that. 

Bangkok Hospital did have Moderna for sale - Purchase a Coupon B1650 I think and then receive the vaccine 3 days later - Coupons can be purchased directly at the hospital (a better option IMO), coupons can also be purchased on Shopee (personally I’d want to go to the hospital and confirm they have the vaccine to administer before purchasing a coupon on Shopee)

https://shopee.co.th/-E-Coupon-Bangkok-Hospital-วัคซีนทางเลือกโมเดอร์นา-(Moderna)-ล็อต-2-i.250344218.12007267023?sp_atk=85e765f2-df1f-4b62-923b-687bef7c86fd 

Its probably best to call around the hospitals: 

MedPark, Bumrungrad, Samitivej, Bangkok Hospital, Piyavate etc.... and ask them directly as the vaccine availability is a frequently changing landscape. 

Good advice.

Everyone is looking for boosters now.

Interesting about the Shoppee coupon.  

The Bangkok hospitals Group also has a "Shopping Mall" area.

I've seen it on LINE app and their FACEBOOK page.

4 hours ago, Jen65 said:

The bottom line is - Thailand does not have enough vaccines !   That comes from a prominent Thai Doctor .

I don't think anyone has the data for this statement yet.

Again from my "Facebook" experience a lot of people bought the Moderna vaccines from private hospitals, but got in the meantime a government vaccine during Q4 2021. Most of them try to swap right now with later queues or sell their shots. I still think if you search just a little bit you can buy a shot for 2000-3000 THB this week.

THG's queue was bookable till 590.000 + lately I doubt that half a million people took their 2 shots they paid for the last 40 days. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jen65 said:

The bottom line is - Thailand does not have enough vaccines !   That comes from a prominent Thai Doctor .

This is kind of like saying water is wet. D'oh.

Until the situation approaches that in say, the U.S., where you can stroll less than 1 Km, walk in, and choose one of three vaccines for free, thailand will always be short on vaccines.

We hardly need a "prominent" thai doctor for that brilliant diagnosis.

The regime MUST free up the private sector to purchase vaccines and sell them. Their reluctance to do so to date borders on criminal. Private health care is a thing here so this should hardly be a tall ask. And this frees up more vaccines for others.

There is a lot of Moderna, in hand now, more due soon and more order(s) to be placed (not yet done AFAIK).

There is 20 mm Pfizer on order due Q1 2022 (this quarter, Jan - Feb).

But now is the time to order more, at least 20 mm Pfizer per quarters Q2, Q3 and Q4. And allow private health care to order vaccines, as they do for all other medications. 

The 60 mm AZ "ordered" for 2022 is a waste.

• Like 1

Over a million Moderna doses just arrived a couple of days ago.  Anyone hear of walk in boosters in Bangkok?  Leaving to the US in 6 days and they have a 6mo policy before you can get a booster and I'm only 4 months in from my second Pfizer.  Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, William Tell said:

Using the QueQ app I have a booking later this month at the Thai Japanese sports center. There seem to a good view slots available as of this morning 

The names of the hospitals are all written in Thai, I couldn't find the Thai Japanese sports centre.

• Like 1

Hi,

I just had my Moderna Booster at Med Park. Booked in advanced, and paid in advance, in all took 20 minutes.
I booked through using LINE app - you can add them and make your booking, @medpark.thailand
Cost for Moderna is ThB 1,650 - NO WALK-INS

Good Luck.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It might help others if you state where.... 

okay, I was able to get my first dose as just a walk in in Phopphra, my second dose at the same place and my third dose as a walk in also in phutthaisong. oh yeah could have also got a dose in Khirirat but i wasn't there at the time.  no appointments ,no online registering, no money needed. all you do is just listen for the annoucement on the loud speakers.  geez just get out of the cities and find a small town and ask someone for example at one of the hospitals.  i have not encountered any of this nonsense that i keep reading about here. after a short interval i will enquire when doses are given again and will get my 4th dose,