Thailand Well-Prepared For New Wave, Says Minister Anutin

webfact

51 minutes ago, RandiRona said:

Only concern is how effective those chinese vaccines are? Since China has gone into crazy lockdown mode doesnt give me much confidence.

They are boosted with AZ or Pfizer at the moment.

2 minutes ago, khunPer said:

They are boosted with AZ or Pfizer at the moment.

What level of protection from Omicron does that give, not seen any studies on that yet with a booster of AZ or Pfizer after two Chinese vaccines.

My wife had two Sinovac and and then an AZ booster 4 months ago. 

Only around 7/8% of people have had a booster so far

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What level of protection from Omicron does that give, not seen any studies on that yet with a booster of AZ or Pfizer after two Chinese vaccines.

Probably a bazillion percent.  The injections developed within 6 months for a virus in 2020 are most effective against a 2022 variant.

• Confused 3

54 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There are some studies available, actually a booster gives a quite high protection for about three months time - you should be able to find studies with Google-search, I haven't kept any links to share - which at present seems to be the level for all boosters, also those with only Western vaccines, which is why some countries now are given second booster, i.e. jab #4. Some countries have reduced the vaccine-immunity to a six month period from last jab, instead of 7 to 12 month.

There is page with detailed info about all available Covid-19-vaccines HERE.

35 minutes ago, khunPer said:

There are some studies available, actually a booster gives a quite high protection for about three months time - you should be able to find studies with Google-search, I haven't kept any links to share - which at present seems to be the level for all boosters, also those with only Western vaccines, which is why some countries now are given second booster, i.e. jab #4. Some countries have reduced the vaccine-immunity to a six month period from last jab, instead of 7 to 12 month.

There is page with detailed info about all available Covid-19-vaccines HERE.

Yes thanks i am aware of booster requirements with western vaccines and the studies. I was pointing out the lack of them with chinese vaccines for omicron

Edited by Bkk Brian

I just read what he say...they have facilities for people testing positive and that foreign arrivals can be postponded ..good luck to those who take a chance for going to thailand.U migth be isolated to a wery expencive place.

Thailand well prepared for the next wave says Minister Anutin

Well they will have to be, to manage all the Morons that hold New Years Parties, where they and all their Guests are maskless, despite protocol issued by MOPH, of which Anutin is the Minister.

" Kipper" Anutin is doing what he does best again

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul said the country is well-prepared for the post-New Year Covid case surge. An effective screening system is in place at immigration and isolation facilities are ready.

I seemed to remember Delta being under control in the early days..

Time will tell, as it did last year.

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I got an impression that the protection of those two was only good for 3 months against Omicron anyhow and nevertheless lower...the antibodies are less effective against omicron. I had 2 Pfizer here and believe I have to be 6 months beyond the 2nd to get a booster in Thailand. (UK is stating 3).  A dose of the virus is likely better!

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes thanks i am aware of booster requirements with western vaccines and the studies. I was pointing out the lack of them with chinese vaccines for omicron

That's what I replying to, I've seen studies for Chinese vaccine boosters, but didn't save links, try to Google them, they are somewhere out there in Cyberspace...????

16 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I got an impression that the protection of those two was only good for 3 months against Omicron anyhow and nevertheless lower...the antibodies are less effective against omicron. I had 2 Pfizer here and believe I have to be 6 months beyond the 2nd to get a booster in Thailand. (UK is stating 3).  A dose of the virus is likely better!

We should hold maskless Omicron parties; we did for (German) measles in the UK.

It will be interesting of how many cases will be in Thailand in 2 weeks.  Omicron may be the dominant strain, but 

I doubt that the delta strain is totally gone. Hope I am wrong.  If everyone gets sick then the service in

hotels and restaurants may be noticed in Thailand and many may stay home,  unless you like the staff all looking                                                                                         sick while they serve you your meals.  Good Luck all.