Government Instructs Provinces to Prepare for New COVID Cases

webfact

03bc18097faf8ed30e8612b051887f04_small.jpg

By: Natthaphon  Sangpolsit

BANGKOK (NNT) - Authorities have instructed all provincial governors to prepare for a new surge in COVID-19 infections.

According to Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, spokesperson for the Prime Minister’s Office, Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered governors to enforce disease control measures in a new fight to prevent and contain the virus. People with mild symptoms will be isolated at home or in their community with support from the National Health Security Office (NHSO) through its home- and community-based isolation program for patients, while state-run healthcare facilities will prepare staff for an increase in the number of new patients who need medical treatment.

Provinces have tightened measures to contain the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. In Ubon Ratchathani province, provincial governor Phongrat Phiromrat asked residents to avoid going out between 11:00 PM and 4:00 AM, imposing lockdowns in five villages in Na Yia and Nam Khun districts for 14 days due to an increase in local cases.

Chiang Mai officials have ordered the closure of 23 pubs and restaurants for three days after it was discovered that they posed a potential danger for spreading COVID-19. Following the suspension, these companies must have their employees tested every three days and are only allowed to serve alcohol in open-air venues.

Police and municipal officials in Pattaya City of Chon Buri Province have meanwhile initiated evening patrols to ensure that nightclubs and restaurants comply with control measures. Meanwhile, officials in Khon Kaen Province have established three new field hospitals and have prohibited the sale of alcoholic beverages in all districts.

Additionally, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has opened 41 community isolation centers, which could facilitate more than 5,000 patients. Although the BMA has not requested citizens to avoid going out at night, officials have urged members of the public to follow regulations and report any eateries that fail to meet the government measures.

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 1

this is not delta, based on known data about omicron it is so far showing to be a much milder disease with those vaccinated with "effective" vaccines, you cannot stop the spread of omicron - impossible

this knee jerk reaction from Thai authorities is questionable, maybe the Chinese vaccines are totally useless against omicron and that is why they reacting like this - not something they will admit to - that the vaccine they have used on 50% of the population is now useless - would be interesting to know

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smedly said:

this is not delta, based on known data about omicron it is so far showing to be a much milder disease with those vaccinated with "effective" vaccines, you cannot stop the spread of omicron - impossible

this knee jerk reaction from Thai authorities is questionable, maybe the Chinese vaccines are totally useless against omicron and that is why they reacting like this - not something they will admit to - that the vaccine they have used on 50% of the population is now useless - would be interesting to know

You seem to dispute their approach then add a paragraph to support it. After much misinformation and maybe some valid information I am of the impression Omicron will not do me much harm if I can get a booster. I am currently double Pfizer jabbed and also believe in that state, omicron likely will make me a bit ill, but nothing to fear personally. I feel less confident wrt Thais who have had 1 sino, + 1 AZ... and I got a couple of those in the house with me... one rather elderly. So I still fear bringing it home!

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You seem to dispute their approach

And rightly so, Omicron is a total game changer. With the numbers that are expected, probably the whole country infected within 4 to 8 weeks they should make plans for home isolation of asymptomatic to mild cases and prepare hospitals for treating a number of critically ill people unheard of.

22 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You seem to dispute their approach then add a paragraph to support it. After much misinformation and maybe some valid information I am of the impression Omicron will not do me much harm if I can get a booster. I am currently double Pfizer jabbed and also believe in that state, omicron likely will make me a bit ill, but nothing to fear personally. I feel less confident wrt Thais who have had 1 sino, + 1 AZ... and I got a couple of those in the house with me... one rather elderly. So I still fear bringing it home!

what are you going on about

• Like 1

They are preparing.. Today the schools opened . I am wondering how long it will take before they close again... Kids are not vaccinated yet and very vulnerable and although adults are vaccinated which make you maybe less ill , you are still ill and can infect others...and with all the cocktails vaccines, who knows if it gives enough protection 

I think that some posters forget that there are some Thai families with up to 8 people living in the same

area of space that 2 of you posters are sharing. Try to remember that this is Thailand. 

Some of my Thai relatives live in very small areas for the size of their families, as that is all they can afford.

Strange that some posters on here are no at least a bit aware of this situation. I can see why the governments

is getting geared up for lots of people getting sick.  

• Like 1