Thailand Pass Question - If Anyone Can Answer

I am an Australian travelling with my Thai wife to Bangkok. When booking for ASQ hotel do we have to book separate or we can we share the same booking? The hotel we want to book allows for booking of 2 adults. Would we be able to show the same booking form on our Thailand Pass applications?

I agree with above post.

You could treat the Phuket sandbox as bit of holiday in itself.

This is because your traveling to Thailand together and can travel around Phuket. 

If I were returning here alone thats different. Would most likely just do my quarantine in Bangkok. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

You would have to book a ‘double / twin’ which states two people on the booking. 

Two Options: 

ASQ (Alternative State Quarantine) - In Bangkok - Have you remain inside the room 24/7 (can’t use pool etc)

Phuket Sandbox (or Samui, Krabi areas) - Can ‘roam’ the island / area, needs a direct flight (i.e. can’t transit in Bkk).

Obviously the Phuket Sandbox is a much better option: 

You’ll need to Book and Pay for the SHA Plus + (important two plusses) for both of you and receive the SHABA Certificate from the Hotel.

Use the references on the SHABA certificate to book and pay for your Arrival and Day 6 RT PCR Tests and submit all receipts with the Thailand Pass and with US$100,000 min insurance cover (certificate of insurance), Vaccine Certificates (at least dual vaccinated).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You would have to book a ‘double / twin’ which states two people on the booking. 

Two Options: 

ASQ (Alternative State Quarantine) - In Bangkok - Have you remain inside the room 24/7 (can’t use pool etc)

Phuket Sandbox (or Samui, Krabi areas) - Can ‘roam’ the island / area, needs a direct flight (i.e. can’t transit in Bkk).

You’ll need to Book and Pay for the SHA Plus + (important two plusses) for both of you and receive the SHABA Certificate from the Hotel.

Use the references on the SHABA certificate to book and pay for your Arrival and Day 6 RT PCR Tests and submit all receipts with the Thailand Pass and with US$100,000 min insurance cover (certificate of insurance), Vaccine Certificates (at least dual vaccinated).

I thought the medical insurance for Phuket Sandbox is minimum US$50,000.

• Like 2

OP, yes you can share a room. Make sure both names are on hotel booking form they provide and then upload the same form to each of your Thailand Pass applications.

As for the Phuket sandbox brigade, what's so hard to understand that some of us want nothing to do with going to Phuket lol

• Like 2

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Two Options: 

Referring to your statement in bold type above . I have just completed my 7 day quarantine in a Bangkok Sha Plus+ hotel . With both of my pcr tests I had to leave my room , use the lift and go to the ground floor , then walk another 50 meters to the test area . I asked the test team why they do not test me in or outside of my room because I am supposed to be in quarantine in my room . By me walking through the hotel I could be infecting others or getting infected by others . Have I got this wrong ?

1 hour ago, superal said:

Referring to your statement in bold type above . I have just completed my 7 day quarantine in a Bangkok Sha Plus+ hotel . With both of my pcr tests I had to leave my room , use the lift and go to the ground floor , then walk another 50 meters to the test area . I asked the test team why they do not test me in or outside of my room because I am supposed to be in quarantine in my room . By me walking through the hotel I could be infecting others or getting infected by others . Have I got this wrong ?

Nope... You are correct - its all part of the theatre. 

In one ASQ hotel in Bangkok the Nurse came to my room and administered my PCR test at the door.

In another ASQ hotel in Bangkok I took the elevator to the reception level where there was a testing area. 

But....  lets not take this too far... we’re not dealing with a biohazard level 4 pathogen.... Walking through the hotel and taking an elevator for a PCR test is not a particularly risky endeavour where the spread of covid is concerned.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope... You are correct - its all part of the theatre. 

In one ASQ hotel in Bangkok the Nurse came to my room and administered my PCR test at the door.

In another ASQ hotel in Bangkok I took the elevator to the reception level where there was a testing area. 

But....  lets not take this too far... we’re not dealing with a biohazard level 4 pathogen.... Walking through the hotel and taking an elevator for a PCR test is not a particularly risky endeavour where the spread of covid is concerned.

At my 1 night hotel the nurse (from the associated hospital) was waiting in the carpark (hotel carpark used only for vehicles involved in transport of arrivals at Suvarnabhumi).

When we were travelling to the hotel their lobby staff called and explained the system/procedure. As soon as the SUV stopped the nurse very quickly approached me and within a second swab taken and nurse disappeared, about 6:15 pm.

Hotel room phone rang at 6:00am with recorded messsage that my test was negative.

At about 7:45 am lobby staff called and said 'your test in negative you can leave the hotel now, please tell us what help you need for the next step in your journey'. At the same time an envelope came under the hotel door, negative test report from the associated hospital.