Are there still long queues at Immigration?

giddyup

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office?

Have you tried the new online system.

I made the same error, we're in the Pattaya forum, so...

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/[email protected]/bookings/

not sure I see 90-day reporting there but it's translated already from thai.

I do see 90-day reporting for the MTT location, so it can be a "thing".

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1

Yes, it depends on the office but IMHO just visit your local office and it also depends om what day or time you go in.
No I am finding no long queues and if not done an on line before maybe and it is good for them and you to see each other.
Slightly off topic but if doing extensions of stay you have to in person ok.

Edited by jwest10
spelling

Avoid Monday morning (especially after a holiday weekend).

Otherwise, it often looks worse than it actually is. People doing 90 days are left outside while IO takes passports inside. Big crowd doesnt always mean a big queue or wait.

As others have said, recent changes to the online 90 day has made it more accessible for those who couldn't use it before.

For 90 day reporting at Pattaya's IO, just stop at the desk on your right as you enter the parking lot with your passport and paperwork, you'll be given a ticket and told to return to the same desk the next business day after 10 am to pick it up.

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You know this is the Pattaya forum?

Your second pick up of this point.

This thread is listed under current threads below "visa, work permit" forum.

Very easy to overlook that's it a Pattaya sub forum.

As few have including myself.

Enjoy. 

Edited by DrJack54

32 minutes ago, bbko said:

For 90 day reporting at Pattaya's IO, just stop at the desk on your right as you enter the parking lot with your passport and paperwork, you'll be given a ticket and told to return to the same desk the next business day after 10 am to pick it up.

Really? So even for the 90 days you need two visits now? ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I suspect all non agent work is becoming less of a priority lately!

I was coming with a non-O from Germany because my 1-year ext. had run out when I was abroad.

Last week for the first time ever in all those years I used an agent just to avoid the crazy queues. I never thougt I would do that, but the 10k for a 1-year multiple entry now seems a good investment to me.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I was coming with a non-O from Germany because my 1-year ext. had run out when I was abroad.

Last week for the first time ever in all those years I used an agent just to avoid the crazy queues. I never thougt I would do that, but the 10k for a 1-year multiple entry now seems a good investment to me.

Yes me too, first time I used an agent for a new retirement extension in about 15 years.... I was a bit late this year (usually do it end Nov/early Dec... but a new passport delayed me). Those queues were enough to deter me.....

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes me too, first time I used an agent for a new retirement extension in about 15 years.... I was a bit late this year (usually do it end Nov/early Dec... but a new passport delayed me). Those queues were enough to deter me.....

Did you take a multiple entry? If so, may I ask how much you payed? I thinkt the 10k were quite ok for that.

27 minutes ago, actonion said:

Yesterday  10 January Jomtien   queues  out to the road,       but its always busy following a weekends closure 

Maybe I'll wait until Thursday. I actually don't need to report until the 16th and I've got a weeks grace after that.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Did you take a multiple entry? If so, may I ask how much you payed? I thinkt the 10k were quite ok for that.

Just an extension, no multiple re-entry permit. I paid 10k.....  3,800baht I didn't want to waste as it looks unlikely I will be taking trips out of Thailand... certainly not 4 to make a multiple re-entry permit worth while! So if you got a retirement extension (1800) plus a multiple re-entry permit (3800) via an agent for 10k, that is quite a bargain!

• Thanks 1

I have my "visa under consideration" already.  When I go to get my actual visa stamp (covid extension), do I have to stand in that loooooong line?  Or can I hand it off to the people on the right-hand side (outside the office), where people come to collect their passports?

4 hours ago, wadman said:

I have my "visa under consideration" already.  When I go to get my actual visa stamp (covid extension), do I have to stand in that loooooong line?  Or can I hand it off to the people on the right-hand side (outside the office), where people come to collect their passports?

The right hand side was for 90 day reports previously...... did you get a plastic number? I have used that to get past the queue before, but the grumpy Thai guy tried to stop me. 

I just had my TM30 done, got there at 1pm, finished at 3:30.

About 1 hr 45 minutes lined up outside, 45 minutes crammed in the TM30 room. Many people in front of me getting the 1600baht fine for not reporting TM30 within 3 days.

Note: you can get the TM30 form from the 90 day reporting area to the right as you enter.

14 hours ago, wadman said:

You can just go to the right-hand side. I queued for hours with my own 'under consideration' stamp, only to be told to go back out and head to that desk.

10 hours ago, HexTree said:

You can just go to the right-hand side. I queued for hours with my own 'under consideration' stamp, only to be told to go back out and head to that desk.

Thank you for the info.  That is one thing in Thailand that absolutely baffles me: in situations with long lines, there are no clear signs posted as that what each line is for.  Same thing with the Covid vaccine lines at Central Festival mall.

20 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The right hand side was for 90 day reports previously...... did you get a plastic number? I have used that to get past the queue before, but the grumpy Thai guy tried to stop me. 

I am not there yet, will be there on Wednesday January 19.