Driver blames “faulty GPS” for driving into a lagoon in Chonburi

webfact

The driver claimed the accident was no fault of his own and fully the responsibility of the GPS company.

what a tool.

if that's what he is seriously thinking, he should not be allowed to have a driver's license.

Edited by tgw

I feel sorry for the guy as he's now lost his car. The lighting isn't great on many of the roads here especially away from the main roads. The guys rear window isn't heavily tinted either which I think is worth noting. Google maps does also get confused sometimes when the GPS signal is poor. 

I'm not saying I'd drive into a lagoon like him but driving can be difficult here. 

32 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

I could post a link to how many people drive  cars into lakes and ponds around the world, but that would really stop the ThaiBashing Festivities. 

Sad sad...

Please post that link.......     It would be interesting to see.

I’m not a member of any other forum world wide, so have no balance of perspective or comparison - however, I am astonished at how it happens at all (anywhere), I’m astonished that it happens so frequently here. 

I’m astonished at how many people drive off multi-storey carparks !!! (can’t drive and poor construction).

I’m astonished at the amount of brake failure. 

Whenever there is a ‘vehicle’ related news story here, its difficult not to bash the standards of driving and attention to driving here....  

Thats not a Thai Bash.... but its definitely a bash against the standards of driving and attention while driving in Thailand.... 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Yes, GPS isn't supposed to be an alternative to eyesight.

Daily here in London I have to contend with UBER drivers looking at their GPS in the same way that pilots do with ILS in fog. Only thing is that airspace is controlled and there's fewer planes than cars. These UBER <deleted>tards will stop, turn, reverse or drive at 5mph at will without any consideration to other road or pavement (sidewalk) users whilst focused on GPS only. 

19 hours ago, decca60 said:

Let's be honest...... this is some news. Normally the faulty GPS drives them straight into a power pole.....

Or into the front of a restaurant or into noodle cart if they'd been searching for a place to eat.