Test and Go unlikely to return until mid-year at the earliest, pre-registered Test and Go still valid

webfact

As they article says those already approved can enter.  I know it will be reviewed day by day but then for those approved for the 1 day test and go, they could also add in some additional restrictions until that 5th or 6 day test comes back negative.  Of course I have an approved Test N Go QR code, and so I worry about this as I am now in the US as of yesterday.  Getting a Moderna booster in the morning.  Stay safe folks.

From the linked article:

"Travelers who were approved for the Test and Go procedure will continue to be able to enter the country via the program until further notice, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration said on Wednesday.

“The new registration for the Test and Go procedure has been suspended indefinitely and subject to the further assessment of the outbreak,” said Natapanu Nopakun, the deputy spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

“Those who have already received their QR codes prior for travelling into Thailand can still do so as per their approved schedule,” he said.

He said the assessment is being done on a daily basis. His statement seems to contradict earlier reports and statements made by the Minister of Public Health which said that January 15 would be the last day for Test and Go registrants"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It did not come into the country just with the tourists.....it was here already.  Folks have had symptoms since the beginning of October and into November but looked at it as just a minor cold.  Folks want to buy into the foreigners brought it here, not Thailand's fault.....I will agree to disagree with you on this one @KhunLA

If it wasn't brought in to the country then the mutation must have taken place in Thailand.

One has to assume you are a very experienced virologist to make the claim that 2 identical mutations can occur in different countries at the same time.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It did not come into the country just with the tourists.....it was here already.  Folks have had symptoms since the beginning of October and into November but looked at it as just a minor cold.  Folks want to buy into the foreigners brought it here, not Thailand's fault.....I will agree to disagree with you on this one @KhunLA

Since 100s seem to be arriving infected daily, testing positive at the airport, you do have to wonder how many don't, but test positive on their 2nd test, although already out and among people for 5 days.

Some snippets from elsewhere:

"Jan 10 Flight details for yesterday haven’t been released yet. But the day before, there were 22 flights and 3,087 passengers. 219 of them tested positive. Which is around 7%. Which is above the national average for all airports this month so far."

"Jan 10 Thai News Reports: Today, Phuket reported a two year record of 742 new cases, out of which 513 were local and 229 were from abroad. There are now 3,126 people in care. At this moment, the island only has 985 beds left"

"Jan 4 Thai News Reports: The latest statistics show that this month so far, most international arrivals are coming from Russia (2,511), Sweden (1,359), Germany (1,143) and Kazakhstan (1,080). Most people testing positive are from the USA (7.91%) and the UK (7.35%)"

They seem to want to hide imported infections #s, as if not detected on 1st test, then considered a 'local infection' ... hmm

"Jan 10 Thai News Reports: Please note, although 412 international arrivals tested positive yesterday, this is NOT all from Day 0 of their stay in Thailand. It is for ALL tests up until Day 10. After that, if they test positive, they are treated as a local case."

Edited by KhunLA

6 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Just look at how it ripped through Pattaya.

Thanks for verifying what I stated.  Notice how it's 'ripped' through the heavy tourist destinations.

Less than 100 deaths, before Sandbox & T&G ... how many after ... nuff said

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

And one would have to expect you don't realise that you have a virus as continuous as measles and that air borders aren't going to stop it's spread.

If tourists don't bring it in then illegals coming over the land borders will.

In the UK cases are falling quickly and it is expected by April the UK government will accept covid as an endemic disease and get back to normal.

The UK is expected to be the first country out of the pandemic.

Of course, the reason for this is the UK's world beating vaccine procurement and deployment of boosters.

Something of course that has been an abject failure of Thailand which has hardly 70% of it's population double jabbed and only 12% boosted.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/12/uk-could-be-first-country-to-emerge-from-pandemic-expert-says.html?__source=androidappshare

I am not sure that's the reason,South Africa has vaccinates less than 30% of its population and deaths are still very low.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

nuff said.

Think you would be better educating yourself about how irrelevant and self defeating travel bans are.

Thailand needs to get it's population boosted and get on with life.

Not resort to irrelevant and useless travel bans that enforce more financial misery on a large section of it's population.

The family & friends of the 21,600+ dead probably think it was a bad idea to cater to the 10 or 15 percent vested in international tourism, as the economic damage was already done after the 1st high season was lost.  Now it's worst, and will take longer to recover.  Along with more dying every day.

But hey, as long as the hospitals and hotel hospitals are making money ... that's all that matters.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So basically without tourism your saying Thailand would be covid free.  Sorry buddy not buying it.

I did not say or imply that.  Although ignorant, arrogant, reckless locals, expats, immigrant workers & tourist (dom & int'l) certainly added to the problem / #s.

OP is about the T&G policy, or non 16 day quarantine.   That's what I'm addressing.  When having 16 day quarantine for all, clusters were manageable.  Without the 16 day quarantine, arriving  infections, and flat out stupid behavior of all, and the clusters were no longer manageable.

Lack of quarantine, or the failed Sandbox & T&G schemes were for developing an already crushed tourism economy, for the benefit of the very few still invested in it.  Nothing like feeding the fire.  Went from 3000+ deaths back in July, call it August, when Sandbox opened to now 20,000+ death.  Smart move.

To your early comment, since covid is not endemic, or wasn't 2 yrs ago, yes, tourism is to blame.  Now it's shared by all who act irresponsible.

And yet, I've been called irresponsible & selfish, more than a few times by more than a few members, because I'm not vax'd and went out & about.  Around the whole country a few times, matter of fact.  And yet, listening and following 'most' of the practical advice, from smarter people than myself, I didn't get or spread the virus.

BUT ... I simply practiced self distancing, without or with a mask when called for.   Didn't attend crowded events, didn't Q up or visit crowded restaurants, ate off hours (my norm anyway).

Simply practiced that very uncommon common sense.

Want to save lives and stop the spread ... 16 day quarantine for all arrivals.  International Tourism - DNR to safe to restart, develop domestic tourism in the meantime. 

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Mid 2022 sound way to pessimistic.

They should be able to open in March/April if their

14 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I did not say or imply that.  Although ignorant, arrogant, reckless locals, expats, immigrant workers & tourist (dom & int'l) certainly added to the problem / #s.

OP is about the T&G policy, or non 16 day quarantine.   That's what I'm addressing.  When having 16 day quarantine for all, clusters were manageable.  Without the 16 day quarantine, arriving  infections, and flat out stupid behavior of all, and the clusters were no longer manageable.

Lack of quarantine, or the failed Sandbox & T&G schemes were for developing an already crushed tourism economy, for the benefit of the very few still invested in it.  Nothing like feeding the fire.  Went from 3000+ deaths back in July, call it August, when Sandbox opened to now 20,000+ death.  Smart move.

To your early comment, since covid is not endemic, or wasn't 2 yrs ago, yes, tourism is to blame.  Now it's shared by all who act irresponsible.

And yet, I've been called irresponsible & selfish, more than a few times by more than a few members, because I'm not vax'd and went out & about.  Around the whole country a few times, matter of fact.  And yet, listening and following 'most' of the practical advice, from smarter people than myself, I didn't get or spread the virus.

BUT ... I simply practiced self distancing, without or with a mask when called for.   Didn't attend crowded events, didn't Q up or visit crowded restaurants, ate off hours (my norm anyway).

Simply practiced that very uncommon common sense.

Want to save lives and stop the spread ... 16 day quarantine for all arrivals.  International Tourism - DNR, develope domestic tourism.

16 days quarantine for all arrivals....

I'm not sure you will get a job at TAT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Virt said:

Mid 2022 sound way to pessimistic.

They should be able to open in March/April if their

16 days quarantine for all arrivals....

I'm not sure you will get a job at TAT.

They couldn't afford me anyway  ????

4 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

And one would have to expect you don't realise that you have a virus as continuous as measles and that air borders aren't going to stop it's spread.

I get it now, someone sent it ahead so it was already there when they arrived.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1