Let's say you get infected... will they force you in hospital as foreigner? Can you just quietly stay in your apartment in self-quarantine?

Faranguz

21 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

About 3 weeks ago I tested +ve via an ATK. Went to a hospital and had a further ATK, and a PCR.

Because I had mild symptoms the nurse said they could organise a hospital room or I could go home and isolate until I had -ve ATK test. I took the home isolation option, but did get a call from the local health authority to quiz me on isolation conditions etc. They seemed happy with the answers to the questions they asked and just said stay at home.

Anyway 8 days after the PCR I tested -ve on an ATK, so was fit to go back into circulation. No hospitalization was forced. I’m over 60 and am considered in the at risk category for that reason.

I thought it was a pretty pragmatic approach to be honest. 

Can you say where, (city/location & hospital)?

8 hours ago, vandeventer said:

What about OLD and healthy and have no symptoms can you stay at home? So how would you know if you had the virus with no symptoms. I really need a better crystal ball.

Exactly. It's a bit of a <deleted> shoot, and the justification for hospitalisation is not based on the health of the positive person. Ergo, most avoid getting a PCR, unless they are seriously unwell.

Edited by samtam
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 11:31 PM, Faranguz said:

As per title...

Anyone got infected while living here? Not talking about being into sandbox or vacations...

What happened?

Yes. Whole family. And nothing at all. 

• Haha 1

I was just in Jomtien for 5 days, basically there are no rules.

There were places that required a test to dine on their premises, places that offered optional (free) tests, and places that never asked.

I spoke at length with the staff at one place that offered optional testing, they said if I tested positive then I should go home and that they were not going to inform anyone, go see a doctor if you need one. 

So I let them test me as some of the staff had become infected. I tested negative. They also gave me the dated ATK test which I could use to avoid testing elsewhere for 3 days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, expat_4_life said:

I was just in Jomtien for 5 days, basically there are no rules.

There were places that required a test to dine on their premises, places that offered optional (free) tests, and places that never asked.

I spoke at length with the staff at one place that offered optional testing, they said if I tested positive then I should go home and that they were not going to inform anyone, go see a doctor if you need one. 

So I let them test me as some of the staff had become infected. I tested negative. They also gave me the dated ATK test which I could use to avoid testing elsewhere for 3 days.

rather 48h. That if anybody accepts it, very unlikely.

Surely you can come back with it to the very same restaurant

Edited by internationalism

On 1/15/2022 at 1:01 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I recommend follow Richard Barrow on Twitter

The worst of anybody to recommend to learn about this pandemics. He is a muppet just repeating what officials tell him to publish and he still think that his doctor knows better than Google.

• Confused 1

For what it's worth, I'd just stay at home quietly, unless my symptoms get that bad that I get seriously worried about my health. Chances are it will all be over within a few days or a week, I have supplies and I don't risk infecting anyone if I stay at home.

I don't need any government busy bodies to supply me with "herbal remedies", ineffective antivirals or other crappola.

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2022 at 10:18 AM, possum1931 said:

I wonder what would happen if a farang in a government hospital did not eat Thai food.

I told the hospital I could not eat rice, as it constipates me. I usually only eat it about twice a week, at the hospital it was 3 meals a day.

They gave me what they thought was farang food. Using strawberry jam as the mayo for a ham and salad sandwich was unusual, as well as getting scrambled eggs for breakfast 13 days in a row.

I lost 4 kg in 14 days. I actually didn't mind, I could afford to.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1