Let's say you get infected... will they force you in hospital as foreigner? Can you just quietly stay in your apartment in self-quarantine?

Faranguz

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Assuming I would act irresponsible if simply testing positive ... 

... troll elsewhere.

IF all you are doing is making such statements to draw out reactions.....  and in reality, if testing positive you would act responsibly and isolate then you have succeeded in triggering responses to your deliberately misleading comments.....  thats somewhat trollish wouldn’t you think ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

While your records and health details maybe private, in the context of this thread, Covid-19 and any other highly transmissible disease, if testing positive your health is of concern to those you may expose to the virus you are carrying. 

To suggest otherwise is either in a different context to this thread and refers to non-transmissible illnesses, or it suggests a degree of careless, selfishness and disregard for anyone around you. 

Obviously a responsible person wouldn't let that happen.  Rules are for irresponsible, ignorant & arrogant people.  Sadly to many of them about.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Faranguz said:

thanks for sharing this.

basically a gamble, if i got infected i'll go to hospital to declare and if they decide to lock me in some cheap room for 2 weeks i have to do it.

where are you staying.    we'll bring some food supplies.

8 minutes ago, wmlc said:

As per the attached mind map, it’s up to the doctor. The short answer is you can stay home if your symptoms are not severe or non existent. 

C5080883-6999-4325-8843-E8E224C82B42.jpeg

When I saw that graphic from the government originally, it gave me a big headache just trying to look at it!  ????

As for the OP's question, there's a recently explained government policy that's supposed to guide these kinds of decisions, and then there's what actually happens in any given locale, where as is typical in TH, YMMV.

In general, the policy is generally supposed to allow home quarantine IF people don't have symptoms or only mild symptoms. But there are caveats to that. One is that supposedly the government health staff will assess the home setting to determine whether a home quarantine option would be appropriate. (For example, a studio apartment or condo with 4 occupants probably isn't gonna cut it.).

But the other area of caveats under their policy was the particulars of the patient/person who tested positive.  If that person is older/elderly and/or has other medical conditions that put them a higher risk for bad COVID outcomes, I believe the govt's policy gives them the option to order hospitel or hospital in those cases, assuming those kinds of beds are available in the given location.

even if condos committee decided not to allow home isolation, they kind already do, even during the last wave, people were waiting up to weeks to get hospitalized, at my condos, we had to implement a protocol to accept garbage from infected rooms, having security deliver food up to their door. if a condo decided they won't have any infected person on building ever they'd have to throw residents out on the street while they wait to be picked up into hospitals 

23 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

810132083_2022-01-10WhattodoifposCOVIDtest.jpg.30c8d1d97c6e83b94dc34a95f41a4ced.jpg

1561279937_2022-01-05Omicronsymptomscasehandling.jpg.151d72a6aad9623ef395a0cbca4d3d0e.jpg

The stay and expenses for basic treatment are covered by the government.

From the article above, so is that expenses covered for all of us or only Thai nationals?

Edited by sapson

4 minutes ago, sapson said:

From the article above, so is that expenses covered for all of us or only Thai Nationals?

Covered only for Thai Nationals.

Foreigner must pay out of their own pocket.

I've verified this piece of info just a couple of hours ago speaking with the hospital (not for me)

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Spock said:
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

While your records and health details maybe private, in the context of this thread, Covid-19 and any other highly transmissible disease, if testing positive your health is of concern to those you may expose to the virus you are carrying. 

To suggest otherwise is either in a different context to this thread and refers to non-transmissible illnesses, or it suggests a degree of careless, selfishness and disregard for anyone around you. 

Expand  

It could also be said that not allowing people who are asymptomatic or not particularly sick to self quarantine and force them into expensive quarantine care is totally over the top and a reason why some people might avoid providing health details if at all possible. Doesn't mean that people would not self quarantine - just means they do not want to waste their money on needless state quarantine procedures.

Absolutely agree.....    I am self ATK testing regularly (2-3 x per week) before we pop round to a friends house for dinner etc...  

If we tested positive, we’d just self isolate at home until we all had a couple of negative tests in a row. 

This may be the point KhunLA was trying to make when he wrote that his health is no one else business - from that perspective perhaps he is correct. 

However, for those who do not self isolate and put others at risk their heath then very much becomes everyone’s business. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, poohy said:

no need to get more people than necessary involved certainly not doctors or hospitals 

Keep your head down if feely a bit poorly give it a few days take a atv test if clear nothing to worry about

Yes, I fail to rationalize the logic, if infected, the people you'll come in proximity to, on the way to, at the hospital, where more high risk people are to begin with, along with exposing staff, and using up resources, for a fever, cough, sneeze, and a few sniffles.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sapson said:

From the article above, so is that expenses covered for all of us or only Thai nationals?

In that reference, I believe they're referring to Thai nationals only.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK