Let's say you get infected... will they force you in hospital as foreigner? Can you just quietly stay in your apartment in self-quarantine?

Faranguz

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There are some conditions. If you are young and healthy and have no symptoms then you can stay at home.

For other conditions I recommend follow Richard Barrow on Twitter. He just published all the conditions.

He is a great source because he makes sure he only publishes facts and he does it faster than anybody else.

Not if you test postive as a tourist on arrival.  They are still trying to send those people to hospitels (not to be confused with hospitals) as far as I know. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

The Swiss Embassy is aware that some condo management companies have denied isolation in the condo block due to the risk for the other residents, in which case, the health authorities would then order the quarantine in a ASQ hotel, hospital or hospitel.

Has anyone had experience with their condo board denying someone the right to isolate in their unit if covid-positive with mild or no symptoms? So far my condo in Bangkok hasn't issued any directives. Personally, I would be ok with one of my neighbors self-isolating for 5 days, and I hope they would do the same for me.

Paul Laew

• Like 2

5 hours ago, shdmn said:

The hospitals and hospitels (covid positive quarantine hotels) will be full if they insist on doing that to everyone who tests positive, so they won't have any choice but to tell people to quarantine at home or their booked hotel/condo etc.

But that is logical where are those people going. Quarantine is needed if you stay home and quarantine its ok but tourists is a different story.

7 hours ago, shdmn said:

Not if you test postive as a tourist on arrival.  They are still trying to send those people to hospitels (not to be confused with hospitals) as far as I know. 

i specifically mentioned i'm not on arrival but living here

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

The Swiss Embassy sent out an email to its contacts, the following is a translation of the main points:

1. According to the Thai emergency decree, everybody who has a positive Covid test is required to inform the health authorities. Failure to do so can result in a fine up to 20K Baht.

2. People who are positive can be put in Quarantine in ASQ (alternative state quarantine) on their own cost. Refusal to go into quarantine can be punished with up to 2y in jail and 40K Baht fine.

3. People with severe symptoms will be sent to a Hospital. The Thai health authorities can decide whether to send the people into a field hospital or a "hospitel" (communal quarantine places).

4. People with no or light symptoms can be allowed to quarantine at home, only if

- they are less than 65y old
   - they have no existing health problems that would put them on high risks
   - they have a place to stay that is suitable for quarantine

5. The Swiss Embassy is aware that some condo management companies have denied isolation in the condo block due to the risk for the other residents, in which case, the health authorities would then order the quarantine in a ASQ hotel, hospital or hospitel.

thanks for sharing this.

basically a gamble, if i got infected i'll go to hospital to declare and if they decide to lock me in some cheap room for 2 weeks i have to do it.

• Confused 2

59 minutes ago, Faranguz said:

thanks for sharing this.

basically a gamble, if i got infected i'll go to hospital to declare and if they decide to lock me in some cheap room for 2 weeks i have to do it.

Voluntary imprisonment ... hmm

2 hours ago, Faranguz said:

thanks for sharing this.

Gov hospitals not expensive I've just spent 7 days in one not with covid so that may of added a bit more dunno. 

12,497 baht.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Paulaew said:

Has anyone had experience with their condo board denying someone the right to isolate in their unit if covid-positive with mild or no symptoms? So far my condo in Bangkok hasn't issued any directives. Personally, I would be ok with one of my neighbors self-isolating for 5 days, and I hope they would do the same for me.

Paul Laew

In my Condominium some of the staff got the virus in November.

One was sent to hospitel, all others 3 in Condo Quarantine (Room) for 14 days.

9 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Guy on Samui was forced into a quarantine hotel, cost him 120.000 baht

????????????????????

SAY WHAT ....  and here I thought there was no covid on Samui, and everything was normal, all open & partying ....

.... or so the vested interest folks imply  ????

10 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Used to be to 2019. Since then it doesn't seem to. ????

Individuals' health since the days of Typhoid Mary has always been a public issue.  Our vaccination  status was linked to our travel rights and still is in many countries. TB is a notifiable disease as are some STIs  in some countries. Disabilities including blindness are publicly  recognised as preventing you from driving.

• Haha 2