Thai authorities searching for infected Russian tourist who broke Covid quarantine in Phuket

webfact

Sounds fishy to me? another story five days it showed up and the guy took off? another story to keep it going that if is that dirty foreigner?????

then they blank out the photo guess he is innocent until proven guilty and don't want anyone to find him?

Edited by thailand49

6 hours ago, Mentors65 said:

A male with name Anastasiia?

6 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Why blur the image? EVERYONE should be on the lookout for this Covidiot!

“Everyone” is not necessary, he can easily be tracked down by police using camera footage. I predict 24 - 48 hours. Captured, hospitalized, deported, banned, end of story

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

There is a problem with Test and Go. (According to some of my guests)

You go to the hotel for your one night quarantine.

They test you and say that if your result is negative, you may leave the next day.

They do not tell you if you are negative. You hear nothing. They only tell you if you are positive (and the men in their little white coats come and take you away ha ha).

Day 2. You wake up. Wait for a while, hear nothing so go to your next destination believing that you are negative.

You are not fleeing, you are just going where you said that you would go. This was the case of the other six 'absconders' from quarantine recently.

The problem with the Test and Go system is very poor (or absence) of clear communication.

And they’ll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they’re coming to take them away - Napoleon the Fourteenth

7 hours ago, Mentors65 said:

A male with name Anastasiia?

Probably surname I know a Greek with slight spelling variation.

17 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Sounds fishy to me? another story five days it showed up and the guy took off? another story to keep it going that if is that dirty foreigner?????

then they blank out the photo guess he is innocent until proven guilty and don't want anyone to find him?

With all due respect, another uninformed statement based on your own prejudices and stereotypes, and not on the fundamental truth of the matter. Actually educating one’s self on the social fabric of Thailand is too much work, it’s easier and more fun to stick your tongue out like a 5 year old and take potshots. There are valid reasons behind the things you don’t understand, and you will never know them

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

A Russian rushing away as he knows what he’s in for. Thais need to make quarantine more tourist friendly 

My Test n Go experience was excellent from start to quick finish. Far better than anything I’ve heard about UK hotel quarantine 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

They test you and say that if your result is negative, you may leave the next day.

They do not tell you if you are negative. You hear nothing. They only tell you if you are positive (and the men in their little white coats come and take you away ha ha).

Day 2. You wake up. Wait for a while, hear nothing so go to your next destination believing that you are negative.

You are not fleeing, you are just going where you said that you would go. This was the case of the other six 'absconders' from quarantine recently.

The problem with the Test and Go system is very poor (or absence) of clear communication.

Not in my experience. My test was done at a hospital on the way to the hotel around 8.30pm. Reception woke me at 7.30am to tell me we were free to leave. We had breakfast and left about 10.30 having been given the necessary paperwork to get our next (free) PCR test.

It couldn’t be simpler and if the hotel hasn’t done what it should for you then ASK , there’s no need to just leave.

6 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

A Russian rushing away as he knows what he’s in for. Thais need to make quarantine more tourist friendly 

They could start with having a standardized procedure. Simple hotel with shower bath / toilet, air conditioning, TV and internet. 3 meals delivered daily. Signs in every Thai embassy in the world with what situation you are placed in quarantine and the conditions you may be living in by quarantine. No fuss.
The problem then becomes that it will be near to normal prosedyre equal to the rest of the world and no???? money to earn, so yes will not happen.

Felt

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Why blur the image? EVERYONE should be on the lookout for this Covidiot!

Yes. Why publish a photo at all if you are going make the person in the photo unrecognisable? Not just in this instance, but every day. What is the point? But with Thai logic you don't need it to make any sense. Just do it anyway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I don't know about Test and Go. But I've seen PCR test results for a Sandbox participant.  The results were printed online and said, 'not detected', meaning, 'negative'. 

https://psas-swabcenter.web.app/view/view-result?fbclid=IwAR0Ka57__Saf1AztlNWPk9_Qa_SABDdEX1zsoOnGPAZprYu3gfLbn-kWcnY

I guess if you sit there waiting for something to happen, you might be confused. 

8 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Personally I can't imagine checking out without knowing the result. I'd want to know it for myself never mind anything else.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Apiwan2 said:

Receptionist doesn't know the result, it's sent to you by Email

Actually they emailed the day 1 PCR test to the hotel, not me.

They called the next morning and said my test was negative and that I could come on down and eat breakfast and then they printed it out and gave it to me.

15 hours ago, NicholasTH said:

Name them shame them and then kick them out 

or just lelax and move on with your life bro. if you are such a stickler for the rules what are you doing in this country where it's only wrong if you don't have the cash to buy your way out of trouble? ????

• Like 2