What happened to @StickboyBangkok

OneMoreFarang

On 1/19/2022 at 4:42 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I think someone said he might have had the new paypal issue same many people which links to revenue and maybe tax

That be complete nonsense, so many solutions for that available. But surely he had certain issues if leaving this way so promptly. Unless he did it in a haze while drunk. 

As said before, why delete everything and state leaving forever if nothing bad happens and he just wants to discover new parts of the world.

His twitter could gain him trust in new places to do similar things right away, as well just good memories, I think everyone liked his posts or least didn't dislike him posting them (general public).

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Recently I spoke to someone who knows Stickboy personally. It seems Stickboy didn't make a prompt decision. He thought about leaving for some time and then he did it. But he didn't speak with lots of people about his plan and his decision. He just told everybody when it was done. No long goodbyes and all that.

I know this from a relative reliable source but obviously I don't know if this is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. 

but he should have posted on his Facebook and twitter about him going before he closed everything down

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't know if this is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. 

What surprises me more than anything, other than the fact I never once visited this 'Stickboy' website (I spend A LOT of time online, data is my business, and my memory of Thailand goes back a looooooong way) is that this topic made it to 5 pages already. Now, if you want to know which websites are lamentably lost, for example, Mango Sauce, Not The Nation and some other 'unmentionables'. I can't see the website of this topic ever making it into the annals of Thai website legend. Nope, I just can't see it. . .

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

What surprises me more than anything, other than the fact I never once visited this 'Stickboy' website (I spend A LOT of time online, data is my business, and my memory of Thailand goes back a looooooong way) is that this topic made it to 5 pages already. Now, if you want to know which websites are lamentably lost, for example, Mango Sauce, Not The Nation and some other 'unmentionables'. I can't see the website of this topic ever making it into the annals of Thai website legend. Nope, I just can't see it. . .

Most people followed his Facebook or Twitter, i never looked at his website 

19 hours ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

You suck at what you do then, everyone knows about stickboy, specially if good in Internet or data. That aside big part of data nowadays is social media too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2022 at 10:11 AM, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

These in reference aren't really Thai sites, more so than they might be Farang sites.

Stickboy -did any of his so-called articles ever crack the 6 sentence mark?

By the end, Stickman was clearly done. He'd pad every article out like it was a school term paper trying to hit 500 words. An ignoble end to such a great run and such a wry, humorous voice.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LaosLover said:

Stickboy -did any of his so-called articles ever crack the 6 sentence mark?

By the end, Stickman was clearly done. He'd pad every article out like it was a school term paper trying to hit 500 words. An ignoble end to such a great run and such a wry, humorous voice.

Personally I prefer articles which get to the point.

If I want to read a novel then I buy a novel. 

21 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

not really, stickman site is much easier to read, even though it's not pretty and old style

<deleted>, this is 2022, not 2001, they could have updated their layout since

Can anybody explain to me which layout was not yet invented 20 years ago?

It's text maybe with a couple of pictures, not rocket science. And even rocket science was already very advanced 30 years ago.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Can anybody explain to me which layout was not yet invented 20 years ago?

It's text maybe with a couple of pictures, not rocket science. And even rocket science was already very advanced 30 years ago.

It even has a sliding widget on the left to move up or down.  It displays fine on my tablet. It’s not a sexy layout but a better formatted page than what appears on stickman’s site.

3 hours ago, Real Name Hidden said:

It even has a sliding widget on the left to move up or down.  It displays fine on my tablet. It’s not a sexy layout but a better formatted page than what appears on stickman’s site.

I guess when you are old and senile (the target market), it doesn't matter much ????

• Sad 1