Brit 'tourist' murdered by scythe in Kanchanaburi - friend in hospital - loud music blamed

webfact

45 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

The quick emergence of alleged mental health issues could indicate that the perpetrator maybe has "connections" and will be used to justify a lenient sentence if necessary 

I do not think so. Police normaly let people with mental health problems run around freely. 

Until some yaba addict go crazy and start violence. 

Then they act.

Often too late then.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Agree 100% Thais are no more racist than any other humans. Foreigners who might believe that likely <deleted> off a Thai. I have dozen of Thais friends and two foreigners I have known for years who behave.

I just happened to look at one of the victims Facebook profile doesn’t  paint a pretty picture..

way too many parties and if you understand disabilities / mental health conditions.

you are asking for big problems honestly..

I honestly feel bad for the Thai person and the other person who was on holiday.?

Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.

Edited by NicholasTH
  • Like 1

I don't have the Thai person medical records or history but this should give you an idea what's happened then also add  Cerebral Palsy and other mantel health conditions why else do you think there was so much damage done in a short space of time ..  

95-Figure2-1.thumb.png.849c032ca6edaadd6c9f5f1fbe09990e.png

Edited by NicholasTH

8 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Thais can make loud music, foreigners not. But 3am is indeed no time to have a party with a lot of noise.. But we don't know how often in the neighbourhood there was noise at night so it could be a revenge..

Heck, who knows what preceded the incident. Wasn't the young Thai guy friendly with the farangs and had been drinking with them other times.... perhaps they wouldn't share their beers that night.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Heck, who knows what preceded the incident. Wasn't the young Thai guy friendly with the farangs and had been drinking with them other times.... perhaps they wouldn't share their beers that night.....

too many holes in this story for my liking 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

I do not think so. Police normaly let people with mental health problems run around freely. 

Until some yaba addict go crazy and start violence. 

Then they act.

Often too late then.

There is not enough thorazine in Thailand

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/21/2022 at 10:58 PM, richard_smith237 said:

What more is there to say here...

Guys drinking with music, 3am.... 

Neighbour has enough attacks the group. 

This story has been repeated numerous times in Thailand, it usually ends up with gun-shots.

------

The guys drinking were certainly inconsiderate of those around them, but no one deserved to die or to be on the wrong end of a grievous attack. 

And the problem with too much to drink is losing common sense and inability to think clearly.

UPDATE:

Brit murder in Kanchanaburi: Region 7 chief promises justice will prevail - mental health checks on assailant

1Apm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Region 7 RTP chief Pol Lt-Gen Thanayut Wuthijarasthamrong updated the press on the  murder of a British man  and attempted murder of a compatriot at a briefing at the Muang Kanchanaburi police station yesterday afternoon.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1247790-brit-murder-in-kanchanaburi-region-7-chief-promises-justice-will-prevail-mental-health-checks-on-assailant/

If there was loud music I wonder if the wife of murdered man and/or girlfriend of injured man told them to stop, now! People want to sleep, go to work in morning... (I've been told once or twice and did as I was told).

Or perhaps the two victims are the type to disregard even their spouses advice/orders?

I know some farangs would tell their wife/gf to shut the fruck up or perhaps fruck off beech and continue to annoy others.

Obviously in this case I have no idea...

On 1/23/2022 at 1:10 PM, Ginner said:

Drinking and playing loud music at 3am is a pretty foolish thing to do. In Britain it wouldn't get you murdered, but it would get you but in hospital if you woke the wrong guy up. 

I cannot count how many times I have been with locals at all hours of the night with loud music playing and drunken souls everywhere.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 5:54 AM, NicholasTH said:

I just happened to look at one of the victims Facebook profile doesn’t  paint a pretty picture..

way too many parties and if you understand disabilities / mental health conditions.

you are asking for big problems honestly..

I honestly feel bad for the Thai person and the other person who was on holiday.?

Be careful the environment you choose for it will shape you; be careful the friends you choose for you will become like them.

'I just happened to look at one of the victims Facebook profile.'

yeah course you did.???????????????? 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 2:10 PM, car720 said:

I cannot count how many times I have been with locals at all hours of the night with loud music playing and drunken souls everywhere.

That's the locals. These were Foreigners. Different rules. The Noise pollution law is  23:00, 11pm in residential areas.

The idiotic Brit tourist should have known better than to play loud music at 3 am,

and antagonise a lower-class Thai male on top of that.

He joins an ever-growing line of farangs hacked/slashed to death by a Thai male,

over something trivial that quickly escalated to gargantuan proportions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A mentally deranged guy who should have been in supervised care attacked them without warning.

These are your speculations. There was not any official information on the mental health status of the murderer.

Edited by Sunnny