Brit 'tourist' murdered by scythe in Kanchanaburi - friend in hospital - loud music blamed

webfact

Understanding Sensory Problems Due to Cerebral Palsy

Sensory Problems Due to Cerebral Palsy: Symptoms and Management (flintrehab.com)

imagine you have someone like  Shaun Dagnan living next door to you with his parties this has been building up .. i can understand the patterns .. and two wrongs don't make a right here .. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

That's the second photo you have posted without context.

What are you trying to insinuate? That because the victim had a bag of Kamagra and a bottle of vodka on the table he deserved to be attacked and killed?

the drugs and alcohol plus the partying into the wee hours in the morning is a good cocktail for disaster .. i could say more but i would likely get banned for it .. anyway three lives have been destroyed.. 

Edited by NicholasTH
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

Have you ever been to Kanchanaburi?? Obviously not on the Mae Nam Kwae Road. Plenty of bars, with girls and restaurants and always plenty of places to drink at all hours and even during lock down. 

ok, thanks. I just made a google-maps walkthrough. Didn't know that as I was only in forest and in national parcs when in Kanchanaburi. Next time I'll give it a try....  ????

Screenshot (55).png

Just now, TaoNow said:

Something doesn't add up.

The victims started drinking at 9 p.m. and continued until 3 a.m.?

How many beers can one consume in six hours without passing out?

disability people can also be very friendly people until you do something bad too them.. 

2 minutes ago, Stubby said:

And? Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a good education, great parents, and fine people look up as they grow up. There's a lot of luck in the dice of life, you know? And if you tick any of the above positives, well, it's only by chance. Think on…

psychology counselling taught me a lot things in life .?  I like your logic here but who would turn down a room for 4500 so you could drink and do drugs more often ..

• Confused 1

On 1/22/2022 at 5:57 AM, Boomer6969 said:

Well, RIP, but loud music at night lead me to pay my regular subsidy to local police, fortunately it works. Otherwise it could have ended up with bloodshed as well. 

Some people just don't give a booboom about other people's well being, so this poor sod has been asking for it.

RIP

Interesting.

Can I ask how much? Email me if you wish to keep it private.

I am considering something similar, but not sure if I should pay the guy making the noise or the police...or how much might be a reasonable amount to pay.

Cheers

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

So what people can drink all they want IMHO as long as they don't bother others. How people spend their money is not your concern. I got a great education but at times i rather spend less for a room so I have more money for other stuff. (i don't drink). 

Its a value for money thing and that is different for everyone, if I am going to go trekking in Kanchanaburi id rather not spend to much on the room als ill be out most of the day. 

But if this guy did drink and play loud music I can certainly understand that people would get annoyed, I certainly would. I would not cut his head of but id certainly ask him to tone it down. Perhaps he would even have listened. Noise is always bad and people should be considerate towards others (usually people who drink are not that considerate) but that does not justify this murder.

Alcoholism and Drinking Culture in Thailand

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

So what people can drink all they want IMHO as long as they don't bother others. How people spend their money is not your concern. I got a great education but at times i rather spend less for a room so I have more money for other stuff. (i don't drink). 

Its a value for money thing and that is different for everyone, if I am going to go trekking in Kanchanaburi id rather not spend to much on the room als ill be out most of the day. 

But if this guy did drink and play loud music I can certainly understand that people would get annoyed, I certainly would. I would not cut his head of but id certainly ask him to tone it down. Perhaps he would even have listened. Noise is always bad and people should be considerate towards others (usually people who drink are not that considerate) but that does not justify this murder.

Could not agree more!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Interesting.

Can I ask how much? Email me if you wish to keep it private.

I am considering something similar, but not sure if I should pay the guy making the noise or the police...or how much might be a reasonable amount to pay.

Cheers

In my opinion if you pay the guy he will just ask for more as time goes on 

• Thanks 1

Tragic as the loss of life it is, sleep deprivation from unrelenting disturbing noise can certainly push someone over the edge.

At it's core, over indulgence, affecting one's behavior can not be ignored in this sad situation.

In Asia (all of it) if you tick someone off and they snap you don't know how far they will go.  IT's called losing face.  It is really important not to let it get to that point.  

Obviously there is no excuse for someone acting like a fool to be murdered because of it.

What tourism will this affect?  There is basically no tourism in Thailand right now anyways.  Anyone who thinks there are lots of tourists in Thailand are the government.  There isn't.  

Edited by Blumpie
  • Like 1