Brit 'tourist' murdered by scythe in Kanchanaburi - friend in hospital - loud music blamed

webfact

16 hours ago, SymS said:

Once I had neighbors playing loud music for one night until 7am, the next day they seem to have started again, so I started to sing louder than their audio system. They could not take it anymore, and the music soon stopped!

You should make a business of this... been in need a few times!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, TorquayFan said:

Tragic - a mentally unstable killer - but such tragedies happen all over the world and as a Brit., I can say, even in the good old UK, where some of the murders of innocents you read about are beyond belief.

'Brutality just under the surface' is not exclusive to Thailand. After years in Africa I can testify to that and the news from the UK, Europe and the US often bears this out !

Good to see the what-about-ery deflection in use, but why stop at the UK, US and Africa?! Why not toss in another country or continent? Leopard seals brutalize penguins in Antarctica. Why is Thailand singled out?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pegman said:

This picking on Canadians must stop. 

A couple of drunk, loud and belligerent Brits get in a scuffle. How often have we heard of that before?  

People sarcastic on Nickelback (dear me) is not ‘picking on’ Canadians, though I have seen plenty boozed up Mounties in altercations in Thailand. Perhaps think before posting tat, his family might be reading. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NicholasTH said:

Some time after 3 am ????‍♂️ you are asking for big problems . 

Couldn't agree more, I think i'd have mental health issues too, if someone was playing loud music at 3am, especially if they had been asked to turn it down.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Couldn't agree more, I think i'd have mental health issues too, if someone was playing loud music at 3am, especially if they had been asked to turn it down.

Being reported on UK News (Sky), although 'knife attack' rather than the more scary scythe. 

19 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Well, RIP, but loud music at night lead me to pay my regular subsidy to local police, fortunately it works. Otherwise it could have ended up with bloodshed as well. 

Some people just don't give a booboom about other people's well being, so this poor sod has been asking for it.

RIP

Are you serious, or just lacking in humanity?

• Confused 1

What you have to is acquire your own weapon if you really want to be  out amongst the low grade trash .. now we know what the projectile type is and can be easily got with money in the land if everything can be purchased . Especially living in a place with morethan it's fair share of folk with 'mental problems '

Edited by pixelaoffy

a picture is worth a thousand words, but a memory is priceless as they saying goes and this person is known for his parties i honestly think he been pissing off people for too long and this has just built up with pressure for some people in that area .. 

270251406_5106345219399716_1013690637415020948_n.jpg.4c229ef129ee1e336c6683c62c744d41.jpg

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, NicholasTH said:

Getting drunk and stone plus pissing off the neighbours isnt going to last long in Thailand .. in all my 18 years in Thailand i have never seen anything like this before .. 

Then you haven't followed the news closely ...maybe the use of a sickle is what you haven't 'seen like this before ' 

19 hours ago, NicholasTH said:

Some time after 3 am ????‍♂️ you are asking for big problems . 

I would also have mental health issues after more than 6 hours of loud music, if you want to keep your head show more respect to others, just saying ???? 

17 hours ago, jesimps said:

There have been occasions here when loud noise has caused me to come very close to losing my self control. When the bass noise pressure is so powerful that it's acting like a weapon on your brain and no matter where in your house you go, you can't escape it, that's when I can imagine a person could snap. Especially at 3am. I'm not condoning this killing, but I can understand how this guy was driven to lose his rag. 

It made us move because a guy decided to open a Karaoke of sorts and turns on his music whenever he feels like it!

dB Meter in my phone registered 100+ dB and his "shop" is +/-200 meters (as the crow flies) from our house! (nothing but rice fields in between us)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Another nail in the coffin for Thai tourism. All over British media now. Perhaps TAT to could put a propaganda slur on this and use a new catch phrase. "Come to Thailand Now, chop chop".

I doubt this will hurt Thai tourism one bit, people are doing all they can to visit and stay here, just look at all the visa type questions here, take a look at the recent photos & comments about Pattaya Immigration, they are packed everyday.    

8 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

This morning I did not find a trace of this news in the Thai language sites.

Does this say something about new gag orders or do I overestimate this silence?

Being given prominence in the BP.   Accurately names the injured, but not the deceased as yet (though inaccurately named in other news sources).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, car720 said:

So he was a Tom.

It is a foolish notion to think that there is even a modicum of regard for life in Thailand.

Drinking and playing loud music at 3am is a pretty foolish thing to do. In Britain it wouldn't get you murdered, but it would get you but in hospital if you woke the wrong guy up.