Calls for action at crossroads after two 14 year boys killed on three person motorcycle

webfact

14 hours ago, sherwood said:

Please do not forget the fools that will drive on the wrong side of a highway, road or footpath to avoid going to a u-turn point just up the road.

Stupid as all get out.

Look right, left. right, left and keep looking because these skilled vehicle operators are just trying new ways to cause mahem every chance they can get.

Yes, in this country you HAVE to look left when turning left as well as the right before moving, you never know what you may meet, could even be a cow. ????

R.I.P. 

Drivers need to be trained/educated not to turn from side street to main road without stooping and looking. It’s a recipe for disaster and this disaster unfortunately caused two young children their lives..

2 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

R.I.P. 

Drivers need to be trained/educated not to turn from side street to main road without stooping and looking. It’s a recipe for disaster and this disaster unfortunately caused two young children their lives..

Perhaps also need to be trained to only drive / ride legally registered and insured vehicles as well.

Again I expect the abject poverty for some people force them to break the law to ensure a meagre standard of living. Poor buggers

Proper driver/rider education would be a good start.

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

R.I.P. 

Prolly should also be trained to not carry 2 pillions as well I reckon....

But then that is the law so he should already know that.

16 hours ago, thailand49 said:

If true by the truck driver they came out from a side Soi he didn't have time to stop? 

How any sane person "This is Thailand " believes that since they are on a bike just come out never look roll the dice against kilos of steel and expect others to watch out for them? 

Then you got other locals who think putting more lighting will fix the problem?  I think for us westerner what is the problem! 

Of course he did'nt have time to stop, he was driving like a 'bat out of hell'  the impact removed the m/c engine.

14 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

How about putting speed bumps at part of the intersetion, so that they would have to slow down coming from one direction.

These are very effective in the UK, installing road markings is my job for 6 months of the year when I return to the UK.

Screenshot_20220128-085135.png

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And again, a poster who does not read the OP!   One, legal age, rider had an accident with two 14-year old passengers.

Thanks for the arrogant reply. I apologize deeply for missing that. Happy now?

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, bbko said:

Any thoughts on putting speed bumps at those small rural intersections?  May help slow down those that don't take the time to look left/right.

Wrong! There should never be speed bumps on any road, they slow down  the traffic which is fine, apart from emergency vehicles Slowing them down could cost lives.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/27/2022 at 7:59 AM, bkk6060 said:

Jeez, good luck there are 10's of thousands of these type intersections in the country what "action" can they take?

Looking before riding directly into the path of motor vehicles on the main road, that's just in case your amulet/s haven't been activated for a few days. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Wrong! There should never be speed bumps on any road, they slow down  the traffic which is fine, apart from emergency vehicles Slowing them down could cost lives.

Prior to an intersection the speed should be reduced anyway, or do emergency vehicles always enter the main road at top speed? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Perhaps also need to be trained to only drive / ride legally registered and insured vehicles as well.

Again I expect the abject poverty for some people force them to break the law to ensure a meagre standard of living. Poor buggers

Proper driver/rider education would be a good start.

Agreed, if you have 2 kids at school, living like a peasant, 1 motor bike and the school is miles away from home of course 3 up would be the only option, but as said - proper training would certainly be an asset. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

They haven't got any subs or fighters to sell.

Now who is going to pay for it....?

How much has the soldier posing as a PM's bank account risen since him and his Junta stole the country in 2014? Let him pay for it, his off shore account could probably stand it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ54 said:

R.I.P. 

You cannot train or educate stupid.

8 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

If you look left, right than left again you'd be in the wrong country, although admittedly it would be better than not looking at all.

i stand corrected....  should be look right ... left .... then right again .     tks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

These are very effective in the UK, installing road markings is my job for 6 months of the year when I return to the UK.

Screenshot_20220128-085135.png

and how many people have died in an ambulance on the way to hospital because it had to keep slowing down for speedbumps?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

i stand corrected....  should be look right ... left .... then right again .     tks

Steven, have you started on the beer already?

????

Edited by roo860
  • Haha 1

A few posters on this thread have mentioned stop signs.  Honestly, how many stop signs have any of you seen in Thailand?  In almost 20 years of driving here, I can only recall seeing one - and that one was incorrectly used - it should have bee a yield sign as it was a place where two roads were merging.

Most Thais simply don't know how to use stop signs, which means that they don't use uncontrolled stops correctly.

I'm not Thai bashing here, I'm just pointing out the fact that driver training is not done properly here.

Edited by Callmeishmael
  • Like 1

Just now, steven100 said:

....and don't forget to keep looking until you get safely to the other side!

It may have been a long, long time ago but I haven't forgotten my Kerb Drill. None of this new-fangled, gimicky Tufty or Green Cross Code malarkey!

I still have my Cycling Proficiency badge somewhere, too!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

and how many people have died in an ambulance on the way to hospital because it had to keep slowing down for speedbumps?

Dunno, but I'm sure if there were too many then the cause would possibly be addressed.

We install this type of marking on dual carriageways.

Edited by roo860