TM28 application rejected, any effective solutions?

I changed my residence within a same province.  I went to a immigration office of this province for TM28 application.   An officer told me to pay money with no receipt, I think you can guess what type of money..... 

I refused to pay and the officer returned application without finishing my TM28 process. lol

Is there any other solutions to finish TM28? 

*My visa is Non-Im O and got in different province by a visa agent. 

*Last TM28 receipt is  made from the address recently I moved out.

TM28 requirements were scrapped I thought but I guess your move is permanent and you want it officially changed. You can stay in a hotel for a night and they usually do a TM30 for you, that should be good enough for immigration purposes.

Edited by Ohyesuare
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

TM28 requirements were scrapped I thought but I guess your move is permanent and you want it officially changed. You can stay in a hotel for a night and they usually do a TM30 for you, that should be good enough for immigration purposes.

Dear Ohyesuare,

Thank you for your reply.  The immigration office I go still requires to show TM28 receipt for Tm47, 90 days report.  That could be a problem in future so I want to finish TM28 procedure and get its receipt. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TransAm2002 said:

Dear Ohyesuare,

Thank you for your reply.  The immigration office I go still requires to show TM28 receipt for Tm47, 90 days report.  That could be a problem in future so I want to finish TM28 procedure and get its receipt. 

I understand but if you don't want to pay the bribe then you can change immigration offices by staying somewhere that will do a TM30 for you and then go to that different office. Or can't you try and do the 90 days report online now?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TransAm2002 said:

I changed my residence within a same province.  I went to a immigration office of this province for TM28 application.   An officer told me to pay money with no receipt, I think you can guess what type of money.

Which immigration office. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

I understand but if you don't want to pay the bribe then you can change immigration offices by staying somewhere that will do a TM30 for you and then go to that different office. Or can't you try and do the 90 days report online now?

Dear Ohysuare,

I am wondering the immigration you go does not require house rent contract including its owners ID and Tabian for TM28?   If other immigration office does not ask it, it would be easier to have TM28 receipt for me.

I have never successed 90 days report online.  I hope the new system works for me.    

20 minutes ago, stigar said:

I see that IMM making more and more problems for people.This is just the beginning.

They start not give more CE..they make problems for marrige couples and more.

Dear stigar,

Thank you for your comment.  I guess so  The officer did not hesitate to ask for though other officers could hear, and they did not even help me.     

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Go into the office with your phone on audio record.  Get the officer to state that you have to pay a bribe.  Show him your phone and playback the voice recording.  Say 'Facebook' and then run!!

If do that you will be in big problems.Belive me on that.Ur details will for sure be in the blacklist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Go into the office with your phone on audio record.  Get the officer to state that you have to pay a bribe.  Show him your phone and playback the voice recording.  Say 'Facebook' and then run!!

Dear simon43,

Thank you for your comment.  As stiger wrote, we have to be careful. ^^  Justice hardly works especially for foreigners.

27 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

If what you're wanting to achieve is getting your permanent residence location updated, you can do it yourself using the Section38 app available on Android and Apple devices.

It's actually an online TM30 rather than TM28 but it does the job.

You can do it as the "possessor" of the property (which is what I did) and it updates the Immigration database with your new address.

You need to enter info for your passport, TM6 and the Residence ID for your address which (I believe) is available from the Blue Book, Yellow Book - or Chanote, possibly.

There was an earlier thread about this:

Dear GroveHillWanderer,

Your advice gave me a big hint for my solution though the case does not exactly matches.  My wife's house book address is in same province.  I think I can clear all including next visa extension.  Thank you very much. 

• Like 2

"I changed my residence within a same province.  I went to a immigration office of this province for TM28 application.   An officer told me to pay money with no receipt, I think you can guess what type of money..... 

I refused to pay and the officer returned application without finishing my TM28 process."

How much did they want? ????

33 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

"I changed my residence within a same province.  I went to a immigration office of this province for TM28 application.   An officer told me to pay money with no receipt, I think you can guess what type of money..... 

I refused to pay and the officer returned application without finishing my TM28 process."

How much did they want? ????

Dear Chris.B,

It was not big money.  Maybe the officer really wanted tea money.^^

54 minutes ago, TransAm2002 said:

Dear GroveHillWanderer,

Your advice gave me a big hint for my solution though the case does not exactly matches.  My wife's house book address is in same province.  I think I can clear all including next visa extension.  Thank you very much. 

Actually, it doesn't matter where your wife's Blue Book is for. For the Section38 app what you need is the Blue Book (or possibly Chanote) for the address where you are currently living. Of course if you don't have access to it/them, then you probably won't be able to use the app.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

If not big money, sometimes you need to give up your principles and just pay it. Pick your battles.

Especially in Thailand! ???? Should have paid.

Can the Op send in his TM28/30 by post? Copied and registered by EMS of course. Otherwise do it online or in the smartphone App.

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, TransAm2002 said:

I changed my residence within a same province.  I went to a immigration office of this province for TM28 application.   An officer told me to pay money with no receipt, I think you can guess what type of money..... 

I refused to pay and the officer returned application without finishing my TM28 process. lol

Is there any other solutions to finish TM28? 

Be polite and request to see the inspector on duty and ask how she/he can help explain how to do it or you can put it in writing that you wish to register a change of address but have been unable to do so, and address it to the Superintendent of that office. You can find the name on the organization chart usually hanging on the wall. 
all that said it’s the landlord or the owner of the property that must report your address. 

Edited by Ricebarnandrooms
  • Like 2

TM-28 has not been used for over a year. 

TM-30 IS ""new"" change of residence - a TM-30 has been required as long as I have been here. 

File as POSSESSOR, take PP, Rental / Lease agreement, deposit receipts for electric, WiFi and etc. Also copy of landlords ID and mobile number. ( sometime the IO calls the landord to verify - 1 time for me ) I have filed as POSSESSOR 3 times with no problems, last time 1 month ago, took 10 minutes ( even if landlord files - actually the landlord is """responsible""" to file -, there should be no problems --- in theory )

The regulations require that YOU are responsible for ALL paperwork.

Edited by edwardflory
spelling
  • Like 1

when I change location within CM province, I too went in with a TM 28 for me and TM30 on my wife's behalf since we were just moving into "her" house.  This was about 5 years ago when they still had

an office upstairs at Promenada for Business and Tm30's.  The IO said "ho we don't do the TM28's any more and tore it up and trashed it.  Not sure why you would need one, a TM30 for relocation should suffice.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

omg.. are you implying they hate us and want us all to leave?

Next post from the OP will detail how Thailand will totally fail without the billions of baht spent anually by longer-term visa holders supporting 99% of Essan families. 

Edited by scorecard

42 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Next post from the OP will detail how Thailand will totally fail without the billions of baht spent anually by longer-term visa holders supporting 99% of Essan families. 

Well to be fair, look how much not having many tourists has decimated their economy and how desperate they are to have them come back in the same numbers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

Well to be fair, look how much not having many tourists has decimated their economy and how desperate they are to have them come back in the same numbers.

Sorry, different point.

But I quickly add, yes there's hundreds of thousands of families in Thailand (some quite close to me) who are just surviving and are watching every possible avenue of some work, even just 1 day, and watching for information about food handouts etc. Truly very sad.

Yes there's some families who are getting good support from having a foreigner in their family. My adult Thai son is watching and carefully asking questions re the needs of the next outer circle of the family and we respond quickly where needed.

We bought decent size tablets for many kids in the outer circle of the family so they can do online learning, and my son asked the parents (mostly his cousins/second cousins) to check what internet services are available so the kids can logon and use their new tablets. In fact they found many internet services alreeady well established in schools and communities which the parents can get access to. 

And of course sadly there's people in a daily survival situation in many countries. 

• Like 2