Mahanakorn tower Bangkok?

clivebaxter

Views?  Of what?

There's lots of cities with these glass sidewalk planks or whatever you want to call them.

Don't see the point.

I did try the one at the Grand Canyon.  You had to remove your shoes because they didn't want the glass scuffed up. 

It was OK.  At least you have a natural view.

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Confused 2

I thought the glass floor was fantastic, really weird feeling. Yes, you do have to put on special slippers to avoid scuffing the glass. After catching the lift back down, you have to navigate a lengthy maze of souvenir shops.

Can’t remember if it was cheaper to buy in advance. Now would be a great time to go, with no masses of Chinese tourists.

• Like 1

It's a great view. If you like views. Down by the river there it's nice. There is not a glass view as previously stated. There's a wide open space outside for taking in the view.

The glass floor area you can take or leave, it's novel, depending if you're into doing high level walks over glass or not.

Yes it's a tourist thing. But you can't beat the view up there.

If you shop around you might find a few tourist outlets for tickets that are cheaper? I haven't looked so I don't know.

Pick a clear day.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Andyfez said:

Pick a clear day.

I'm cursed with that. I once went up the Sear's Tower in Chicago but there was mist between me and the ground  and I saw next to nothing. Once I got back down the mist had disappeared. And I booked a trip on the London Eye (you can't just turn up, as far as I know) and that was a misty day too. I had better luck with The Frame in Dubai, but the experience was underwhelming.

But I've had it with paying for high views over a city. Seen it many dozens of times from planes so no need, really.

• Like 1

The first time I went there they had a really neat video in the elevator ride up where it looked like you were flying through Bangkok.  The last time I went they had changed it to a more generic video.  Standing on glass 300+ meters above the ground looking down at the top of other buildings.  Also there is a senior price if you are old enough.  There is a restaurant up there too now.  I imagine it is quite expensive.

The worse part of it is on the trip down you get out of the elevator and have to walk through a moze of 3 levels of a duty free shop.

No photo description available.

Edited by rwill
  • Thanks 1