Who listens to classical music? And what are your favorite pieces?

ECM label music is now only viewable on Youtube if you pay for their MusicExtra Subscription. That's snob appeal. 

During times of duress, ECM music has been like musical Xanax for me.

Here's a nice mix of Arvo Part, their biggest act and a good indicator of whether you will enjoy their spiritual minimalism infused with pristine recording and stark northern/eastern Euro existentialism. The first cut is often used in Holocaust docu's:

I mean, Vivaldi is OK.

Vivaldi is only second to JS Bach, and Vivaldi was born before JS Bach...

But, is there any significance in this yellow gown.....or....NOT?

Who cares about the color of the gown, when one tries to play Vivaldi, and never achieves even half of what Vivaldi intended.

But, anyone's interpretation might be considered as good as the next.

Since, Vivaldi died too young, before the age of electronic recording of music.

Such a pity.

All we have left is the dregs of written music.

We can only interpret what we, nor anyone, never witnessed.

In a court of law, these days, we realize that testimony from eyewitnesses carries no weight.

Vivaldi is second, only, to JS Bach, a man I knew well, and still know, to this day.

Hope it is the same for you.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

My father was an opera singer. When I was a young boy I saw a lot of operas and made me proud how popular he was especially among the ladies. My mom unfortunately suffered because of this. My father would often take me backstage and I would always get compliments too about how handsome I was. He would always try to set me up with ballerinas when I was 10 years old. Backstage was a hoot. They would always crack jokes and even on stage too! I specifically remember one night when he performed "Magic Flute". He put the flute between his legs while serenading to another female singer. I was with my mom at the audience and she rolled eyes and said something like "look at your father and where his flute is". 

He unfortunately died recently. I had fallen out with him when I moved to Canada and he decided to make another son with an 18 year old lady. 

This is one of his records. RIP 

R-2576687-1295174763.jpg

• Love It 1