Are there any Western countries I could realistically visit with a Thai in tow?

The Thai in question is 31 and doesn't really have a stable job. No kids, no house of her own (it belongs to a family member), no savings to speak of. I would like to take her to Europe, ideally Switzerland, for say a three week trip, but I get that she would struggle to get a visa.

Schengen is obviously supposed to be a single system with a single set of rules, but is that how it works in reality or would she have a better chance if we went somewhere else in the Schengen area?

Europe would be my first choice just because I need to head back anyway, but it'd be useful to know if there are any other Western countries that are known for being less harsh (Canada?)

I took my former mother in law to norway 4 times.She got a schengenvisa.If ur gf fully vaccinated there is several countries she can travel to.Many countries open for fully vaccinated without quarantene.Denmark and norway is 2 of countries in scandinavia she can go to easy.But need a visa first.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Years ago it was said that Denmark would be more easy than Switzerland or Germany. I don't know if it was and still is true.

Denmark is easy to go to as a tourist.BUT if ex a thaigirl want a permant stay its a nigthmare.

43 minutes ago, Badger18 said:

The Thai in question

Did she ever travel anywhere outside of Thailand?

The first time when I was with my Thai gf in Malaysia she ordered Tom Yam Gung in the hotel restaurant. It didn't have much to do with Thai Tom Yam Gung and after that my gf wasn't too keen to travel outside of Thailand.

Obviously not all Thai girls are like that. But I am sure she is not alone.

as well as bank statements, she needs to build up a history of travel, a blank passport is not indicative that she'll return to Thailand, go together in small trips to somewhere Thais gets free visas, Japan, Korea or somewhere close first, obviously not possible due to pandemic restrictions in Japan and such, 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, simon43 said:

You can add Mauritius (where I now reside) to that list.  60 days visa on arrival ????

That is listed on the linked info, as VOA????

The ones I made a snapshot of are supposedly 'visa free' ....  maybe.  Though not many place I'd care to go or convenient to get to.

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Not sure how accurate, but Visa Free.  LInk has eVisa & VOA info, do verify:

https://visaguide.world/visa-free-countries/thailand-passport/

image.png.967aad1cfb7cdad6c958e405362a7c2e.png

4 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Well there you are, Georgia 1 year visa free. Not far from Florida. ???? Sun, sex and sangria. What more could you ask for. ????

Or they could try Albania. That sounds an exciting place to visit. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did she ever travel anywhere outside of Thailand?

The first time when I was with my Thai gf in Malaysia she ordered Tom Yam Gung in the hotel restaurant. It didn't have much to do with Thai Tom Yam Gung and after that my gf wasn't too keen to travel outside of Thailand.

Obviously not all Thai girls are like that. But I am sure she is not alone.

Funnily enough we had some very average Thai food in KL once. It didn't stop her from coming out to see me in Jakarta a few months later so I guess I got away with it.

2 hours ago, digbeth said:

as well as bank statements, she needs to build up a history of travel, a blank passport is not indicative that she'll return to Thailand, go together in small trips to somewhere Thais gets free visas, Japan, Korea or somewhere close first, obviously not possible due to pandemic restrictions in Japan and such, 

Yeah that might be a good plan. She has some travel history but only to neighbouring countries that are on a similar economic level. I quite fancy Japan, but as you say it's not possible right now because of covid. Maybe it's yet another thing that has to wait.