The new 10 year visa is quite complex and comes with annual fee too

I thought this visa is free once you prove your worth.  Now it seems it costs about the same as retirement visa.  What is the fanfare all about?  is it really a special deal.  With the way it is going, I don't see a million foreigners will sign up for this 10 year visa?  Do you??

More than you would think.

If I did not have my 20 Year Thailand Elite Visa I would do this.

Many wealthy men do not want to be married (or married again).

They also may have yellow fever.

As a whole Thailand has a lot to offer that other countries do not.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Guest Isaanlife
28 minutes ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

Like what?

1 hour ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

Do you still have to do the 90 day report and is there an annual renewal.? I read this on their website a while ago. 

6 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

How many have $1 mil in assets and $80k over 2 years ....

Actually in this day and age that's not a lot,

Many over a life time of working have accumulated at least that amount and more.

Any opportunity to negate some of the onerous visa process could be attractive to some.

Edited by cobra

14 hours ago, rott said:

Do you still have to do the 90 day report and is there an annual renewal.? I read this on their website a while ago. 

Yes, I still must do the 90 day report but I have an agent that handles it for me. I just drop off my passport on a Monday and pick it up the same week on a Friday.

There is no annual renewal.

3 hours ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

Yes, I still must do the 90 day report but I have an agent that handles it for me. I just drop off my passport on a Monday and pick it up the same week on a Friday.

I go to my local Immigration Office, passport into a reader, print a slip, put into passport. No form to fill in, no fee. 5 minutes.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

There is no annual renewal.

Was under the impression one had to present oneself annually, but clearly not. Given the current climate, do you know if Elite membership expedites the Thai Pass  process. Thinking everyone’s treated the same. 

Visa Elite: upon issuance of visa and upon entry  into Thailand you get a one year stamp. If you do not leave the country, you have to get a new stamp after 12 months or you go into overstay. Elite visa holders have been "deported " for long overstays.

if you have the Elite Superiority 20 year visa, you will get a visa affixed to your passport valid 5 years or, if earlier, until the expiration date of your passport. Therafter, you will get affixed the next 5 year visa.

90 day reporting is being taken care of by agents paid by Elite in Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya and Chiang Mai.

For my purposes, the Elite Superority 20 year visa for THB 1 Mio. is better than the 10 year visa scheme.

• Like 1