What's going on with Bkk/Pattaya Hospital?

giddyup

Have been trying to ring to make an appointment, and the line is always busy, so they ask you to press 9 for a callback, but when that eventually happens my phone just rings once then stops. Never had a problem getting through like this before.

• Like 2

By now you have probably gotten a call-back. Leaving callers wondering about the hang-up is a rude mistake, but the system works. They silently register your telephone number and call back in a couple hours or less.

45 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

I usually email [email protected]  to make an appointment advising them of the doctor, date, and preferred time period, e.g., morning, afternoon, or 0900 to 1100, etc.

They usually get back to me the same or early the next day advising me of the appointment time. 

Likewise, this is how i make appointments and find them pretty efficient.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Bangkok Hosptail in Bangkok is also terrible for answering phones. 

I find the hospital itself, excellent, however, once off site the communication is hideous. 

After trying on the phone for 2 hours I eventually drove to the hospital, went to the ‘international patients’ counter, spoke with the Nursing staff who explained they were so busy and didn’t have anyone to answer the phones. 

While talking with the Nurse I hit redial and the phone at the nursing counter just rang out, two staff at the desk, one talking with me, the other doing nothing.  They were embarrassed when they realised it was me making the call.... 

It comes down to quality of management - some managers check and check again keeping staff in line... others are just lazy which enables lazy staff to be lazy...  I’m not suggesting the nurses are lazy, but when it comes to answering the phones, something is a miss...  

The nurse admitted that they do get a lot of complaints from patients about their phone calls going unanswered !!! 

Yes. I have done the same phone  trick too. It's a terrible  way to  behave ignoring  phones at a hospital. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes. I have done the same phone  trick too. It's a terrible  way to  behave ignoring  phones at a hospital. 

Try a visit to the Thai Airways office at the Dusit Thani, Beach Rd Pattaya,i was in there,3 'assistants' behind desk's,onlý 1 had a customer in front of them,4 people waiting in seats to be served,and not one of them would answer a phone that rang for almost 10 minutes....T.I.T.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo53 said:

Try a visit to the Thai Airways office at the Dusit Thani, Beach Rd Pattaya,i was in there,3 'assistants' behind desk's,onlý 1 had a customer in front of them,4 people waiting in seats to be served,and not one of them would answer a phone that rang for almost 10 minutes....T.I.T.

I know what you mean. I went there and saw the same. I never TA again

• Like 1

What I heard (hearsay) is that hospitals are filling up, a friend tried to get admitted but could not (covid symptoms bad). Even with help of people with some influence it was hard. Might not be the case in Pattaya. I was a bit shocked when I heard this. (this was Friday) that i heard about it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The nurse admitted that they do get a lot of complaints from patients about their phone calls going unanswered !!! 

And I bet they would get a lot of abuse from some unsatisfied people if they did answer and/or be bombarded with questions that they can't answer.  I fully understand their reluctance to engage on the phone which, as nurses,  is not their primary concern or function. Experience has probably taught them not to get into those situations. 

• Sad 1