Prohibitory pricing of 'new test & go' starting February

23 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

J Hotel in Pattaya is 9800 baht for collection at Suvarnabhumi, tests on day 1 and 5 and room on day 1 and 5, that's ok if you ask me.

says a man, i assume, coming alone. if thailand is serious about tourism it needs to attract families, more bang for your buck if you like, and this tourism model will not encourage families who can holiday cheaper and easier elsewhere.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

says a man, i assume, coming alone. if thailand is serious about tourism it needs to attract families, more bang for your buck if you like, and this tourism model will not encourage families who can holiday cheaper and easier elsewhere.

Did you read my other post stating that it's not worthwhile for families but good for long term expats that travel frequently, guess not?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Petey11 said:

Pretty sure UK does if you have symptoms, but then the UK doesn't force PCR tests on fully vaccinated visitors and even a positive ATK does not require a follow up PCR now.

You are talking about NOW. What about when they had to do mandatory quarantine on arrival? Rules are constantly changing for every country.

On 1/31/2022 at 10:59 AM, EricTh said:

Which country provides free PCR-test for non-citizens?

in the USA anyone can get tested at no cost.

I know several illegal immigrant's in the usa that were tested (PCR test) several times at no cost.

On 1/31/2022 at 10:05 AM, Isaanlife said:

And it is ok if you have a family of four or 5?

Most published rates are for 1/2 people. If you have a family with kids, I suggest you talk to the hotel directly. Most can give you a discount on transport/room. Test costs will be non-negotiable though.

11 minutes ago, ericthai said:

I know several illegal immigrant's in the usa that were tested (PCR test) several times at no cost.

Yes, you don’t need ID. It is to encourage testing. I was just in Germany and free testing for everyone including tourists. In Spain you needed to be symptomatic. In Colombia you needed to pay (about $50 for PCR). It varies by country.

• Like 1

My country (norway)just on news now.People whos vaccinated dont need covidtesting when arriving to norway.Unvaccinated need a negative covidest before arrival.Pubs/bars fully open from today.

No more homeoffice.People who dont feel sick dont need a covidtest.If feel sick can take a test at home ,and if positive should stay home 4 days.No more limits of people meeting at concerts etc...

If a near contactperson test positive you should take daily ATK-test 5 days by urself.Dont need PCR-test.You can take homequarantene if you test positive.Only people with covid sympthoms should test urself(ATK).This new rules start from tonigth a 23.00 means that pubs/bars/restaurants can be open like before covid.No more testing of kids..schools/kindergardens no restrictions anymore.

I guess thailand far away from this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ericthai said:

I can second that. I went to USA last November when they opened. On the way home I needed a PCR test and I went to a Walgreen's. Booked online, showed up in drive through. No cost at all. If you want to take the travel clinic route it can be very expensive though.

Also I can tell people that in UK, you can get free Covid vaccine as well as long as you claim that you have no ID (aimed for illegal immigrants.) and non-Brits. One of the Brits I know who had other passports but no longer with a GP in UK had to go through this route to get his vaccine. It was kind of funny that you can't get a vaccine as Brits without registering GP, yet you can get it instantly as soon as you claim you are from another country.

12 minutes ago, stigar said:

My country (norway)just on news now.People whos vaccinated dont need covidtesting when arriving to norway.Unvaccinated need a negative covidest before arrival.Pubs/bars fully open from today.

No more homeoffice.People who dont feel sick dont need a covidtest.If feel sick can take a test at home ,and if positive should stay home 4 days.No more limits of people meeting at concerts etc...

If a near contactperson test positive you should take daily ATK-test 5 days by urself.Dont need PCR-test.You can take homequarantene if you test positive.Only people with covid sympthoms should test urself(ATK).This new rules start from tonigth a 23.00 means that pubs/bars/restaurants can be open like before covid.No more testing of kids..schools/kindergardens no restrictions anymore.

I guess thailand far away from this.

I am so happy for your country. But Spain now requires booster to be qualified for being vaccinated. I hope your country won't take that route.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChC1 said:

I am so happy for your country. But Spain now requires booster to be qualified for being vaccinated. I hope your country won't take that route.

Thank you.I don think they will say that people need a booster.There is a few restrictions left that they will skip 17h february so we will be fully open again same denmark.They tell people in norway to use common sence about how you acting in public places.

Edited by stigar

On 2/1/2022 at 4:33 AM, tomyami said:

like thai's, expats who live here dont want u or anyone else here lots of them on here, have no sympthy so <deleted> off, when i go back i will cough in their faces, they are hippos

"like thai's, expats who live here dont want u or anyone else here lots of them on here".

You speak for yourself, I am an expat having lived here in Thailand for 15 years, and I want to see plenty of tourists and expats come here as it means plenty of employment for the Thai people.

So try and not be so selfish.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

You do not understand Thai logic. 

Business was slow and now it is almost dead. All the while, the hotel owner wants to make the same profit as in the past. Solution? The fewer guests the higher the price - simple as that!

You have to be out of your mind to fork out such exorbitant accommodation prices for hotel rooms which are worth 500 - 800 Baht and, considering the percentage of occupancy, will not explode upwards anytime soon. 

I am out of my mind.  But I gotta go see my babies.  Fingers crossed can make it thru the gauntlet without a hospital stay......

Bangkok price for 2 nights start from 6600b. 
minus 4400b for 2 pcr. 
minus 500b for transport. 
that is 950b per room per night. 

I would not necessarily gonfor the cheapest ones, because their hospitals can charge 200-300k for positive asymptomatic. 

for 6900b you can get hotel with a reasonable 80k hospital, symptomatic (just in case your nice insurer becomes less nice)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/31/2022 at 4:29 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

They will be on their knees! lol

Of course they will be on their knees, as they always did. Just now they'll charge triple to compensate for the loss of the last two years.

Ehmm....just figured out, you're talking about the country. ????????????

18 hours ago, ChC1 said:

The way I read it is you need the booster only if your 2nd vaccination was over 270 days ago?

image.png.219be5e1708209bb536672fc048c6c43.png

10 minutes ago, treetops said:

The way I read it is you need the booster only if your 2nd vaccination was over 270 days ago?

image.png.219be5e1708209bb536672fc048c6c43.png

270 days is 9 months, whatever happened to the 3 months recommended period?

9 minutes ago, EricTh said:

270 days is 9 months, whatever happened to the 3 months recommended period?

If you mean the 3 month period as a recommendation between second jab and booster, then it has nothing to do with this 270 day period which Spain has decided is when protection in double jabbed people has dropped below a certain level

1 hour ago, treetops said:

If you mean the 3 month period as a recommendation between second jab and booster, then it has nothing to do with this 270 day period which Spain has decided is when protection in double jabbed people has dropped below a certain level

I find this rather ridiculous.  The purpose of vaccine is to develop immune memory cells which will produce the antibodies when the virus attacks.

The amount of antibody in our blood shouldn't be used as a 'protection indicator' when there are no threats to our body at that time.

It's virology 101.

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Nine months after the second jab you loose your EU certificate, if not boostered

im going to croatia in june and their new requirement is a jab within one year of travel.  so if i had my second jab in april i need a shot to go this may.....hopefully covid will die off by then and they wont require that from me.  i dont want to get boosted.  

• Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 2:26 PM, shdmn said:

Thailand can go pound sand.  I was ready to book and then they cancelled T&G v1, which I was already on the fence about. T&G v2 electric boogaloo is a non-starter for me.  I would rather just stay at home or go somewhere else than subject myself to that.

Like you..I am sure there are tens of thousands around the World of the same opinion,when all the B.S. stops then,and only then will i consider going back!

• Like 2